BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Moon landings - real or fake? Plus other conspiracies
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Moon landings
Real or fake?
Real [ 15 ] ** [88.24%]
Fake [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Have alien spaceships visited earth?
Yes [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No [ 17 ] ** [100.00%]
Do you believe alien intelligences even exist?
Yes [ 12 ] ** [70.59%]
No [ 5 ] ** [29.41%]
Total Votes: 17

vidsanta
post Nov 19 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

What do you think?

I meant it because this article in the Mail today.

Conspiracy theorists claim 1972 snap from Apollo 17 mission proves the moon landing was a FAKE - as a 'stagehand' is reflected in US spaceman's visor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...iracy-fans.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
❄The Snow.
post Nov 19 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #2
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I am sure Spinning Adam who knows a lot about conspiracy theories will have something to say about this.

I would really like to think they are real although I am not completely sure at the minute because of the conspiracy theories.

This post has been edited by The Diplomat: Nov 19 2017, 03:22 PM

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Nov 19 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #3
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Diplomat @ Nov 19 2017, 03:19 PM) *
I am sure Spinning Adam who knows a lot about conspiracy theories will have something to say about this.

I would really like to think they are real although I am not completely sure at the minute because of the conspiracy theories.

None of the conspiracy theories I've seen stand up to scientific testing.

+Quote Post
❄The Snow.
post Nov 19 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #4
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 19 2017, 03:22 PM) *
None of the conspiracy theories I've seen stand up to scientific testing.

I haven't read enough into it really, need to research this more online.

Went with 'real' anyway.

In the other questions, I don't believe alien spaceships have visited earth, optical illusions and lenticular clouds can contribute to sightings. However I do think intelligent life is definitely out there in the universe, it is so big I would say there probably is somewhere intelligent lifeforms.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Nov 19 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #5
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

So the basis for the article is a video on YouTube by a randomer...I mean I shouldn't be surprised given the "newspaper" this is in, but rlly? Have standards sunk that low that this is deemed as worthy of publishing?

There's no evidence the Moon Landings were faked outside far fetched conspiracy theories so yes, I think they were real. I'm not sure there's much to argue about that. As for other alien life, I'd like to believe so, being a Sci-Fi junkie and all that, but probably not like we see in the films. The universe is such a huge place though that the possibility of other life out there is surely not too hard to believe. Whether we'll ever actually discover it is a different question.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 19 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #6
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Moon landings were 100% real. Also the earth is not flat.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Nov 19 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #7
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

oh god can we not with this

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 19 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Just to put this trash in it's coffin...

The moon landings were not fake. There are satellites in orbit around the moon, from several countries and there are close-up photos of every single rocket, footprint, flag, meteorite and moon rover and space ship bottoms still in place, as they will continue to be for hundreds of thousands of years, long after the morons who peddle this absurd conspiracy theory have been dead in their graves for millennia.

Plus, there is equipment on the moon that anyone in the world can test with a strong enough laser beam - you just aim at the moon and measure how long it takes to return, courtesy of NASA equipment.

Sorry to everyone who believes this non-scientific drivel (and not one single scientist from any country in the world has disputed this as fact in 50 years because it'a a piece of piss to prove, and it, err it happened as we all saw and watched with awe) - I have had the non-pleasure of even trying to explain basic facts to members of my own lovely family thanks to this clap-trap - but if you admit supporting ideas which are fantasy then it doesn't show you in a very good light at all, and I have some land with magic beanstalk beans if you're interested in buying some, very cheap, just a few hundred pounds each....

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 19 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #9
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

You know people triangulate positions relative to the moon using a LASER pointed at a mirror left by Nasa?? laugh.gif

The few 'counters' have ALL been debunked, not least the fact that Russia would have had somethin to say if it weren't possible/ if theyp didn't monitor a rocket um goin to the moon...

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 19 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #10
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Nov 19 2017, 04:08 PM) *
Just to put this trash in it's coffin...

The moon landings were not fake. There are satellites in orbit around the moon, from several countries and there are close-up photos of every single rocket, footprint, flag, meteorite and moon rover and space ship bottoms still in place, as they will continue to be for hundreds of thousands of years, long after the morons who peddle this absurd conspiracy theory have been dead in their graves for millennia.

Plus, there is equipment on the moon that anyone in the world can test with a strong enough laser beam - you just aim at the moon and measure how long it takes to return, courtesy of NASA equipment.

Sorry to everyone who believes this non-scientific drivel (and not one single scientist from any country in the world has disputed this as fact in 50 years because it'a a piece of piss to prove, and it, err it happened as we all saw and watched with awe) - I have had the non-pleasure of even trying to explain basic facts to members of my own lovely family thanks to this clap-trap - but if you admit supporting ideas which are fantasy then it doesn't show you in a very good light at all, and I have some land with magic beanstalk beans if you're interested in buying some, very cheap, just a few hundred pounds each....

Oh popchart already said it.

So, omg, this!!! cheer.gif

Also, space is waaay too but for aliens to reach us -- if they exist in this time period ANYWAY and if life evolved to spacefaring abilitiesx or if humans aren't the most advaced - but probably are due to early gamma ray radiation in the universe... Remember alien life, intelligent, would NOT be 'skwee DEFINITELY more intelligent skweee because reasons' and would NOT break the governing laws of physics!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Nov 19 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

As a site, we are better than this.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 19 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

There are two basic questions to ask about any conspiracy theory.

1) Who gains?
2) Who need to be invoived?

There is a reasonably straightforward answert to question 1 - The Americans. It gave them a big propaganda coup and put one over the USSR. Therefore, we can tick that box.

Question 2 is more awkward. The list of people who would have needed to be involved is rather long. We start with the 21 astronauts. Then we have to add the people who designed some sort of escape hatch into the Saturn V rockets so that they could get out before the rocket was launched. After all, large crowds watched them get in. Then there are the people who built that part of the rocket and the launchpad. Next, there are the people who designed and built the sets as well as the people who filmed the "landings". Add to that the technicians involved in arranging the delay in communications between the astronauts and NASA control.

By now we already have a fairly long list. It is not hard to think of other people who would have been involved, including getting the astronauts back after the module splashed down into the sea. Add to that the cost of building seven Saturn V rockets purely for propaganda purposes. Even if they were to fully functional (there was nobody on board so why make them fully functional), that would have been a very expensive exercise.

It is almost impossible to believe that so many people could have been involved without a single one of them blabbing to the press at some point over the last fifty years.

Oh, and one other thing. There was a 1977 film starring Elliott Gould and Telly Savalas, Capricorn One. That film was about a NASA mission to Mars that was faked. All of the moon landing conspiracy theories started after that film. Funny that.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Nov 19 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #13
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'm reminded of this sketch from Mitchell & Webb on the moon landings -

I know it's scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to something that seems so obvious as man actually getting to the moon, but sometimes we need to repeatedly affirm publicly that things like this actually happen, as there are more people that buy into these conspiracy theories than you would expect, and people you know and love may buy into them too, as I've learned in the past few weeks. One of my parents' friends legitimately believes that the earth is flat (as does rapper B.O.B), and when I was out with friends on Saturday, whom I regard as intelligent, albeit not as intelligent as myself, two of them spent a good half hour telling us about the "evils" of vaccinating children.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:36 PM