BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Supermarket Checkouts - which do you prefer?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Checkout preferences
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 37
Guests cannot vote 
vidsanta
post Nov 22 2017, 07:29 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

Self-service, or staffed?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Nov 22 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #2
white girl wasted on brown liquor
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Self service or gtfo ✋🏼

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 22 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #3
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Self service! Quite annoying that my local co op doesn't have them, don't like the forced human interaction.

And for really large shops we do Tesco online so only go to the shop for little things.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 22 2017, 08:55 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Staffed ph34r.gif I embrace any human interaction I can get these days (I'm not a complete hermit I swear) and quite often when I've been with someone who's used the self-service, they've run into some kind of problem and have had to get a staff member to help. Don't have time for that shit. (although I guess that negates my earlier point about human interaction oops)

This post has been edited by M.: Nov 22 2017, 08:58 AM

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 22 2017, 09:09 AM
Post #5
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

The one where I don't need to speak to another human

QUOTE(danVember @ Nov 22 2017, 08:38 AM) *
Self service! Quite annoying that my local co op doesn't have them, don't like the forced human interaction.

My local M&S doesn't have them and I'm like ffs get with the times, even Poundland has them installed now

(But it may be a good thing as I'd definitely go in M&S more often and that's no good for my bank balance)

+Quote Post
Jack
post Nov 22 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Is speaking to another human for 5 minutes top really that bad?

I don't mind either way - self service coz it's quicker sometimes, I don't care.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 22 2017, 09:17 AM
Post #7
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

This post has been edited by SPINEMATIC: Nov 22 2017, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Nov 22 2017, 10:30 AM
Post #8
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

I prefer self-service - even if you don't get caught in a conversation in a proper line, the people in them tend to have large loads of shopping, which take ages...

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 22 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #9
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(SPINEMATIC @ Nov 22 2017, 09:17 AM) *
Staffed because more jobs for the people but personally because the SS constantly f***s up ie doesnít scan items properly/the bagging area pisses me off laugh.gif nearly always end up having to get the attendant to override the system anyway laugh.gif

This is such a huge myth and annoys me when people say it!!!!! We have recently lost a till in favour of more self service tills but now have more cashiers

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 22 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #10
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

I get so stressed out in stores like sainsburys and Lidlís bc cashiers are monitored on how many items per minute they scan. We donít even keep track of that at work in favour of giving the customer more time. Depending on how much shopping I have or where queues are i use either or

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Nov 22 2017, 10:59 AM
Post #11
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Self service, hate human interaction at the best of times.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 22 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I am not the biggest fan of human interaction but I actually tend to prefer staffed checkouts if I have more than just a few items. Self service is usually more hassle for me when items don't scan properly and that can get annoying quickly. Both seem to be as busy as each other anyway and I like it when the staff member gives you a bit of a helping hand with scanning, so you can just get on with putting your items in bags. If I've just popped in to get a drink and some lunch or something then I tend to use self service as that would be quick, but many more items than that and it's straight to the staffed checkouts.

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Nov 22 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

QUOTE(lotita @ Nov 22 2017, 10:54 AM) *
I get so stressed out in stores like sainsburys and Lidlís bc cashiers are monitored on how many items per minute they scan. We donít even keep track of that at work in favour of giving the customer more time. Depending on how much shopping I have or where queues are i use either or

As I worked at Aldi for a few years, I can confirm this. We were asked to scan 1000 items per hour in order to maintain the productivity of the store.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Nov 22 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #14
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I don't mind tbh doesn't really matter to me just depends on how busy each line is laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Nov 22 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #15
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Self Service ALWAYS unless I'm buying a large amount of items, mainly cos there is no other way I can get rid of all my 1ps, 2ps, 5ps (or at least not while getting a dirty look for giving the cashier too much change to count kink.gif) the 'unexpected item in bagging area' things are a little annoying but it's always a hell of a lot quicker than staff checkouts.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Nov 22 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #16
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Self-service where I have a handful of items at most but staffed where I have more items!

Self-service is so useful when you’re only wanting a couple of things but, conversely, staffed is so useful when you have lots! Self-service takes up way too much time for lots of stuff!

+Quote Post
Sqntq Clqus
post Nov 22 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Staffed

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Nov 22 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #18
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

If you buy alcohol youíve still got to have human interaction when they come over to make sure youíre old enough, so I donít mind either way.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Nov 22 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #19
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I'll take being IN a supermarket again, thanks

Normally I go for the cashier if I'm buying any more than two things. It's so much easier to have someone trained to do this stuff help. One of the first things I ever got over my social anxiety with.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Nov 22 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #20
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Self service as I actually get really anxious when I'm shopping and I hate having to go to a cashier. It sounds bad but I will literally go to a different shop if there's no self checkout. Idk why but I'm probably at my most anxious in shops, it's an absolute nightmare (why do I work in one ffs???) because I hate crowds where everyone is rushing, you can't get past people, you always get those people that walk SO slow, then there's queues and thats before you've even got to face a cashier, it's all insanely nerve wracking and I'm on edge the entire time. I think a lot of it stems from when I was younger and I'd get embarrassed about buying clothes incase they saw the size or made some sort of judgement on what I was buying, I'd worry I'd got the price wrong and end up not being able to afford it or if I was buying food, it would be the same fear of judgement. I think being on the other side of the counter with work has helped a bit but still, self checkout any day laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 08:41 PM