BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decorating
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
When do You Decorate?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 23 2017, 02:41 AM
Post #1
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

When I was younger, Christmas decorations usually went up around 2 weeks before Christmas, maybe three. Now I am seeing people decorating from the first/ second week of November and we will be decorating early too in NOVEMBER ohmy.gif Udually I like to do it rhe first of December, which is when I usually start listenin t the Christmas tunes too.

When do you decorate? Do you decorate? Do you go all oot? I like the whole house to be very festive! I love gettig new decorations.

What aboot Halloween? I think anythin more than two weeks is excessive. This year I decorated LOADS. Last year I didn't ay all, but the ones before I did too. I have animatronic stuff, window decorations and spiderwebs!

REFUSE to follow Good Morning and have a HALLOWEEN TREE - although saw people postin aboot those!! ohmy.gif They are small, painted black and full of usually homemade ornaments.

Don't decorate at other times though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Nov 23 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #2
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I usually put up Christmas decorations on or around 1st December. I love decorating the tree and went for a tartan/scotland theme last year which I'll be sticking with this year too, also put lights in the windows and tinsel around the pictures on the walls smile.gif

I put Halloween decorations up about a week before Halloween, but nothing in the windows. I don't want to encourage people to knock on my door because a) The kids around here are mostly mean or it is gangs of older kids and b) I don't like to share my sweets laugh.gif If I lived in a nicer area then I would probably answer the door to younger kids, tbh I haven't seen many trick or treaters in the last few years anyway.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 23 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

We get LOADS now, more and more.

I put up window decorations like a couple days before and stuff in the house around a week and a half before.

I love decoratin the tree too, usually two/ three colours.

Omg do you hve a photo of the tartan theme??

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 23 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #4
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

always the first weekend of December. and no Christmas music until the 1st!!!

don't do shit for Halloween or any other event.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 23 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

Yass finally someone else on BJ who has the 1st rule for music!!

I never did and played whenever I fancied in November till I met someone who had that rule and found I liked it too!

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Nov 23 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #6
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 23 2017, 04:00 PM) *
We get LOADS now, more and more.

I put up window decorations like a couple days before and stuff in the house around a week and a half before.

I love decoratin the tree too, usually two/ three colours.

Omg do you hve a photo of the tartan theme??

I donít, but when I put the tree up this year Iíll post a photo in this thread if I remember smile.gif I love anything tartan, stag themed etc...reminds me of Scotland wub.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 23 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Sometime in December for Christmas. Iím gonna do it in the first week of Advent this year as last year I didnít focus on Christmas much because of the school inspection. Love it though, especially now I have my own house.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 23 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Christmas decorating strictly begins on 1st December every year in my household! This typically involves transforming both the front room and dining room. I also refuse to listen to Christmas music out of choice until the 1st because I don't really feel festive until December. Plus working in HMV with Christmas music on loop a few years ago killed my love for the classics a bit. My family have already started putting on Christmas radio stations so I haven't totally escaped it in November, however.

I only celebrate Halloween for one day, usually during the closest weekend to the actual day when plans are likely to be happening. Although I guess I celebrate it for the whole of October on BuzzJack with my seasonal username laugh.gif the decorating effort is nowhere near the same level as Christmas, it'll usually be pumpkin and ghost lights that we put outside the house and that's it.

+Quote Post
ChristmasTreeCow
post Nov 23 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Usually the first weekend in December, accompanied with binge watching Christmas movies and blasting Christmas music, usually start doing Christmas shopping around this time too.

I never really decorate for Halloween tho, itís not really a big deal for me, Iíll watch a few horror movies and stuff but itís kind of a non-event for me.

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Nov 23 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #10
This lunch tastes like a beat
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Christmas is usually around the second week in December, we tend to get everything up whatever say we get the tree so that's when we start to feel 'festive'.

We don't celebrate Halloween so don't decorate for it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Nov 23 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #11
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

We never celebrated Halloween by decorating the house as children so don't do it now, must be the US influence that it gets bigger now.

Usually put the Christmas tree up in the first weekend of December. Noticed this year more people putting xmas trees up from the first week of November even outside of chav estates. Must be the increased marketing of xmas from 1st Nov these days. Also find it strange that even hairdressers and other shops that don't sell xmas stuff have started putting up decorations before 1st Dec these days which is strange.

Looking forward to watching my usual xmas films in the coming weeks including Home Alone 1&2, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Its a Wonderful Life & Santa Claus The Movie (always on xmas eve from 10pm) smile.gif

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 24 2017, 01:18 PM
Post #12
   No Gallery Pics

Do y'all Americans decorate for Thanksgivin too??

Y'all must be constantly puttin up and takin decorations down October through January ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Nov 24 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #13
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Christmas decorations up two weeks before Christmas and definitely no Christmas songs until 1st December!!

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Nov 24 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Buttered Muffin @ Nov 24 2017, 08:18 AM) *
Do y'all Americans decorate for Thanksgivin too??

Y'all must be constantly puttin up and takin decorations down October through January ohmy.gif

From what I've seen and done, you don't usually decorate for Thanksgiving. If you do, it's usually only small things like switching out the salt and pepper shakers for ones that look like little pilgrims or some such.

I don't typically decorate in general, tho. I celebrate Halloween (sometimes, usually I have work or school or some such) and Christmas, I'm just not big on decorating and I typically celebrate at someone else's house anyways. And I typically avoid listening to Christmas music, outside of occasionally spinning Trans-Siberian Orchestra's cover of Carol of the Bells. I'll listen to that year round tho, because it's awesome.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 24 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

I TECHNICALLY started listening to Xmas music today - but I always start with semi Christmas ones - the John Lewis covers! Power of Love today!

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Nov 25 2017, 08:21 AM
Post #16
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

The Frankie version is by far the best!!

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 26 2017, 09:57 PM
Post #17
   No Gallery Pics

My Christmas tree is up!!

I put a traintrack aroo d it this year rather than the Christmas toys, just two of them, and it looks so good.

Also have a skirt for it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:03 PM