BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prince Harry engaged to Meghan Markle
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dancember
post Nov 27 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #1
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

BBC News

Prince Harry says he and US actress girlfriend Meghan Markle fell in love "so incredibly quickly" and it seemed proof that the "stars were aligned".
The fifth in line to the throne was speaking after the couple announced their engagement and plans to marry in spring 2018.
The couple told the BBC's Mishal Husain they met on a blind date and neither had known much about each other.
Prince Harry said "beautiful" Ms Markle "just tripped and fell into my life".
He believed Ms Markle and his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, would have been "thick as thieves... best friends".
Latest updates: Prince Harry announces engagement
Five things we've learned about Harry and Meghan
No ordinary royal engagement
Ms Markle is already involved with humanitarian work and is a women's advocate with the UN.
Camping in Botswana
The 36-year-old star of US legal drama Suits confirmed she would be giving up acting and with her new role focus even more energy on the causes that are important to her.
Ms Markle said: "I don't see it as giving anything up. I see it as a change. It's a new chapter."
Turning to Prince Harry, she said: "Now it's time to work as a team with you."
The prince, 33, added: "I know that she will be unbelievably good at the job part of it as well."
The couple described how they were set up on a blind date by a mutual friend, and how they got to know each other camping in Botswana.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle outside Kensington PalaceImage copyrightEPA
"I think about three, maybe four weeks later I managed to persuade her to come and join me...
"And we camped out with each other under the stars... she came and joined me for five days out there, which was absolutely fantastic."
Prince Harry said "both of us have passions for wanting to make change for good".
Ms Markle said "one of the first things we started taking about when we met was just the different things we wanted to do in the world and how passionate we were about seeing change".
She said it was "disheartening" there had been a focus on the fact her father is white and her mother is African-American.
"At the end of the day I am proud of who I am and where I come from... we've just focused on who we are as a couple."
'Amazing surprise'
Prince Harry revealed he proposed earlier this month during a "standard, typical night for us" at his home in Kensington Palace as the couple were making roast chicken.
"It was just an amazing surprise. It was so sweet, and natural and very romantic," Ms Markle said.
Prince Harry said: "She didn't even let me finish. She said 'Can I say yes'.
"Then there were hugs and I had the ring in my finger.
"I was like ' Can I give you the ring?'. It was a really nice moment. Just the two of us."
Turning to Ms Markle, Prince Harry said: "And I think I managed to catch you by surprise as well."
The couple declined to reveal the name of the mutual female friend who introduced them in July 2016.
Ms Markle said she "didn't know much" about Prince Harry.
"The only thing I had asked her when she said she wanted to set us up, was 'was he nice?'".
The prince said he had not been aware of Ms Markle before their first meeting in London as he had never watched her TV show.
Earlier, the couple posed for photographs outside Kensington Palace in London, where they will live.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle posed for the cameras in the garden at Kensington Palace
Prince Harry said he was "thrilled", while Ms Markle said she was "so very happy".
Ms Markle, wearing a white belted coat, held Harry's hand as they appeared briefly for the press at the palace's Sunken Garden, and showed off her diamond engagement ring.
Asked by a reporter when he knew Suits star Ms Markle "was the one", Prince Harry said: "The very first time we met".
Latest updates: Prince Harry announces engagement
No ordinary royal engagement
The announcement of their engagement was issued by Clarence House on Twitter, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's official residence, and said details about the wedding day would be unveiled "in due course".
Downing Street said there are "no plans" for a bank holiday on the day.
Harry's thoughtfulness
Ms Markle's engagement ring was designed by Prince Harry and features two diamonds which belonged to his mother.
The band is made from gold and at the centre is a diamond from Botswana.
Ms Markle said it was a sign of "Harry's thoughtfulness".
She had obviously not been able to meet his mother, she said, but it was "so important to me... to know that she's a part of this with us".
Ms Markle said she had met the Queen a couple of times and described her as an "incredible woman".
Asked about having children, Prince Harry said: "One step at a time and hopefully we'll start a family in the near future."
Ms Markle grew up in Los Angeles and attended a private primary school before studying at a girls' Roman Catholic college. She graduated from Northwestern University School of Communication in Illinois, as her acting career was beginning.
The Archbishop of Canterbury said he was "absolutely delighted" at the engagement announcement and indicated the couple would have a church wedding.
She was previously married, but the Church of England agreed in 2002 that divorced people could be allowed to remarry in church.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 27 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Very happy for them. They seem a nice couple.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 27 2017, 11:32 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

All I've got from today seeing them all over TV is that Prince Harry can do ANYTHING to me *.*

I find all this publicity hen the royal family do anything ridiculous tbh but ik they are a symbol of a country etc etc, she could be a queen one day, I don't have anything against them just think its a bit much laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 27 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Nov 27 2017, 11:32 PM) *
All I've got from today seeing them all over TV is that Prince Harry can do ANYTHING to me *.*

I find all this publicity hen the royal family do anything ridiculous tbh but ik they are a symbol of a country etc etc, she could be a queen one day, I don't have anything against them just think its a bit much laugh.gif

She'll never be Queen and Harry will never be King. Charles, William, George, Charlotte and the new baby due in April will all be higher than him in the line of succession.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Nov 27 2017, 11:50 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

FFS not again. Can royals please stop marrying, the disproportionate dominance in the news of these complete non-stories pisses me off so much. The BBC News front page right now is ridiculous drama.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 28 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(commonsense @ Nov 27 2017, 11:44 PM) *
She'll never be Queen and Harry will never be King. Charles, William, George, Charlotte and the new baby due in April will all be higher than him in the line of succession.

Yeah true that makes it even more silly laugh.gif Ofc they are "famous" and public figures, it's nice to see them happy etc. but the fuss is ridiculous - it's two people gtting married and we don't even get the day off for it drama.gif What made me laugh is there was a program on about them before Eastenders and the little news bulletin prior to EE also had them as top news story, of course.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Nov 28 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #7
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Meghan seems like a decent person with her head relatively screwed on from what I can tell.

But yeah, I could not care less about this really. Less so that we're not getting a public holiday for it.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Nov 28 2017, 12:18 AM
Post #8
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

The media storm is a bit much but obviously I'm happy for them both. Harry was always my fave - if you're never going to be King why not play a bit of strip poker in Vegas. *.*

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Nov 28 2017, 12:18 AM

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Nov 28 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #9
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I simply do not care laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 28 2017, 08:42 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Nov 28 2017, 12:18 AM) *
The media storm is a bit much but obviously I'm happy for them both. Harry was always my fave - if you're never going to be King why not play a bit of strip poker in Vegas. *.*

He needs to be Charles' son for him to have any chance of being king.

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Nov 28 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #11
Ebenezer...
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

This always seemed to be on the cards, hope they will be very happy. I wonder how many special pull outs will be available in the newspapers? thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Nov 28 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #12
This lunch tastes like a beat
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

At least it's something positive in the news, I'd rather this be the headlines than the atrocities happening in the news.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 28 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 28 2017, 08:42 AM) *
He needs to be Charles' son for him to have any chance of being king.

Tbh the royal family could do with a soapy twist like that *.*

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Nov 28 2017, 03:14 PM) *
At least it's something positive in the news, I'd rather this be the headlines than the atrocities happening in the news.

We can't just block out things that are happening, countries that might need our help etc., for two people getting married laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 28 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

They both seem like lovely people but the media coverage is definitely excessive. It was a shame that a girl and her dad who were invited to talk about mental health on This Morning were shafted in favour of this story breaking.

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Nov 29 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

So.....

We won't be getting a Bank Holiday.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Nov 29 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Mack @ Nov 29 2017, 07:45 PM) *
So.....

We won't be getting a Bank Holiday.

I am utterly outraged by this. What the f*** is the point in having these lot if we don't get a bank holiday when the important ones do shit like get married or sit on a seat for 60 years.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Nov 29 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #17
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

QUOTE(JerdNoseReindeer @ Nov 28 2017, 09:25 PM) *
They both seem like lovely people but the media coverage is definitely excessive. It was a shame that a girl and her dad who were invited to talk about mental health on This Morning were shafted in favour of this story breaking.

Ikr I was so ashamed of This Morning for doing this!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:54 AM