BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> War criminal drinks poison and dies in courtroom!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 29 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

War criminal Slobodan Praljak has died in hospital after drinking what he claimed to be poison during a court appearance, Croatia's prime minister has confirmed. Many TV news channels worldwide were carrying this sentencing appearance live.

The former Croatian army chief drank from a small bottle and yelled "I am not a war criminal, I oppose this conviction" when his 20-year sentence was upheld by UN judges at The Hague.

The dramatic turn of events, which was broadcast on a video feed, forced the judges to temporarily suspend the hearing, with paramedics seen entering the courtroom.

The hearing resumed a few hours after the shocking development, with presiding judge Carmel Aguis saying: "Courtroom one is now a crime scene."

It's rumoured he drank cyanide.

https://news.sky.com/story/war-criminal-slo...-court-11148960

This post has been edited by commonsense: Nov 29 2017, 04:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 29 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #2
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

outrageous that he managed to kill himself in this way, he deserved a much harsher punishment than death.

+Quote Post
Snow❄Diploughmat
post Nov 29 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #3
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danVember @ Nov 29 2017, 05:12 PM) *
outrageous that he managed to kill himself in this way, he deserved a much harsher punishment than death.

Yes he should have been alive to face his sentence, it should be seriously considered now making sure suspects are checked using airport style scanner machines before they enter court to prevent something like this happening again.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 29 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, how the hell did he get a phial of cyanide in to the courtroom? An accomplice obviously. Interesting watching the judge who just carried on speaking as if nothing had happened until his lawyer leapt to his feet and said "my client's just taken poison" then he apparently collapsed. Cyanide takes less than 2 minutes to kill apparently and there was absolutely nothing medics could have done to save him, even in hospital.

This post has been edited by Crazy Christmas: Nov 29 2017, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Nov 29 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #5
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Herman Goring did this during the Nuremberg Trials in 1946 but he did it in his cells!

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 29 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I would've thought people were searched before entering court - at least they probably will be following this. Made me gasp when I saw the clip.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 29 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I have been to court a few times for journalism purposes (albeit just in the UK) and was searched extensively every time! Shocking that these procedures were apparently not in place here.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 30 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I once went to the Old Bailey to watch a case in the public gallery overlooking a court and was searched and had to go through airport style detectors.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 08:50 PM