BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> best decision you've made ALL YEAR
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 30 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

with december coming up i think it's time we can start our deep reflective EOY discussions *.*

of course joking aside, your answer(s) can be as deep as you want or just something little what really made your year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 30 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #2
feminist icon

my narcissistic answer is chopping off all my hair. COMPLETE spur of the moment decision (literally wokeup one morning and went f*** it and luckily got a same day hair appt) but the liberation was great and my hair is so much easier to look after and style now.... plus my natural curls have come back and they're BEAUTIFUL

my deeper answer is my decision to transfer branch at work. it was a really difficult decision to make because i adore my old branch and I was only seasonal there, meaning i could come home in my uni holidays (which are rlly long), work crazy hours but see my family at the same time. however moving was such a good decision, i've become upskilled in so many areas and feel so much more confident and full time job ready which is brilliant considering i'm a few months away from throwing myself into the deep end for my german internship!!

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Nov 30 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

I have a couple:

Deciding to start learning Russian, and resume learning French. It hasn't been long, but it's already changed the way I look at the world drastically and opened up so many possibilities. There's a chance I could go to Paris and/or Moscow in the coming years, and for someone that's never been out of the country, that's a huge deal for me. I've also met a lot of really cool people from studying these languages, and having an incentive to really expose myself to other cultures has really expanded my horizons.

This technically started in November/December of last year, but taking on more responsibility during my last semester at my old school was a really good decision. It really forced me out of my comfort zone and gave me a lot of skills. If push comes to shove, I can know at least stumble through scheduling concerts, can do more in a leadership role than before, and am now much more responsible and better at time management (although I do still procrastinate on some assignments oops). Really, managing nine classes, three jobs, volunteer work, and being unofficial leadership for a club taught me so much.

Starting voice lessons last semester. I'm still nowhere near performance level, but being able to access another form of expression and another skill is a really nice thing to have. It was also a huge confidence boost because I considered myself to have no singing ability whatsoever and my teacher saying that I have a lot of potential (if I practiced more) was a huge surprise. I couldn't do it this semester because of scheduling reasons, but I'm planning on picking it back up next semester.

Also, a bit more specific, but being forced to learn a Bach Fugue for my Piano Audition (which I bombed lol) was another one. It really whipped me into shape, and I felt like I improved drastically by undertaking it.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Nov 30 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #4
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Switching my course at university. I don't think I could have mentally coped with staying on for a fourth year (especially as it would have involved a mandatory 'full-year project' which just sounds like hell). It means I'll be in the mess of being done with uni and not knowing what to do next / not being able to get a job a year sooner but I'm pretty certain it was still worth it.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 30 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I think my best decision was pushing myself for work experience this summer. I was initially looking for a local placement, like last year, because I thought I would be too anxious to travel to a place I wasn't familiar with at all and stay there for two weeks. Then I just thought... you know what, why am I restricting myself like this when I want to do really well this year? I decided to think of other options that would be doable and Your Cat magazine jumped out at me as a place where I might actually stand out if I were to enquire, due to my A+ cat-related Uni magazine project the year before. So I pushed through that anxiety and sent the email. I am SO glad that I ended up doing that because I really enjoyed the two weeks and have plenty of material for my portfolio, as they gave me a lot of freedom to create what I wanted. <3

Appearance-wise it would have to be my nose piercing! I am usually not one for spontaneity but this was a rare occasion where I wanted something and made it happen quickly. No regrets at all, my nose would feel naked without it now. I also finally got a hair cut for the first time in 3 and a half years which was a good decision, but it's not quite as noticeable as the piercing because I didn't really have that much cut off kink.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 30 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Deciding to go for the Head of Year job when I was convinced I wouldn’t get it. Loving it now.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Nov 30 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #7
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

to stop posting on buzzjack

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frĝkner
post Nov 30 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Snap decision to go to Iceland for my birthday on a sale flight with Icelandair paid of big time. I absolutely had the best time. It cost me a few quid but it was such a bucket list trip. I made the decision to spring for the business class upgrade and YAAAAAAAS that was amazing.

I am going for a promotion this year and at my place you have to make that known that you want to do it. Its not really something I'm comfortable with despite being an ambitious snake, actually putting into action is not my strongest suit. But since then it's actually lead to some more responsibilities and me getting involved in things that I otherwise wouldn't have. I went to France the other week to a client on my own to run a training session. It was awesome and I got some great feedback from the client that I can use to go for my promotion. So it's all paying waves.

I attempted & failed to buy a house but the experience was good as I've learned a hella lot.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Nov 30 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #9
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Moving to a new school definitely. <3

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frĝkner
post Nov 30 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

OMG also I bought a Cast Iron Skillet and I am IN LOVE. Everyone should buy one.

Steak has never tasted so goooooooood

+Quote Post
SantaDalek32
post Nov 30 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #11
If you believe, they put a man on the moon
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Buying that very limited Cribs white label when it was on sale for 3.99. It's on Discogs for like 30

+Quote Post
Sqntq Clqus
post Nov 30 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Leaving school

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Nov 30 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #13
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

omg i honestly think every decision i've made has probs been the wrong one mellow.gif

this year has been such a mess for me, although telling my best friends that i'm bi was pretty significant and i feel a lot closer to them as a result so I think that was a good decision and was one i deliberated over for a long time but i am so glad i did it.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Dec 1 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #14
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Moving to London.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Dec 1 2017, 02:04 AM
Post #15
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Is it bad If I don't have a "best Decision"

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 1 2017, 09:31 AM
Post #16
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Can I just pretend I misread the title and post an essay list in here kink.gif maybe next year xo

I guess deciding to see a few concerts like Sigala and PVRIS (rip Paramore :’() and I guess I made some good decisions to NOT make bad decisions a couple of times which I guess can count? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Dec 1 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #17
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Definitely choosing to go to India, I've met some wonderful people, friends, here, got really important life experiences down and it's improved my confidence loads.

Rest of the year was a bit of a writeoff but I feel so happy right now I don't want it to end.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 1 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #18
feminist icon

iz ur best decision was choosing to meet me don't deny it x

(also @ all the other buzzjackers i've met this year)

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 1 2017, 11:37 AM
Post #19
feminist icon

i see patrick in this thread, his worst decision was driving past the waitrose i work at without coming in x

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Dec 1 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #20
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Christmas Cherry. @ Dec 1 2017, 11:36 AM) *
iz ur best decision was choosing to meet me don't deny it x

(also @ all the other buzzjackers i've met this year)

But both times it just happened to line up perfectly with my pre-India plans so my point still stands

Although yes, that was pretty cool I guess

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 08:54 PM