BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pop Forum Advent Calendar, Door #13
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post Nov 30 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #1
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

Hello! Welcome to the Pop Forum Advent Calendar 2017!! cheer.gif

Between now and December 24th, myself, Sam and Jonjo will be bringing you a whole bucket of festive cheer with exciting discoveries and pleasures from each of us! Everyday we will be opening a new 'door' to our wonderful Pop Forum Advent Calendar to get you all in the Christmas spirit! Feel free to join in on the festivities as we join you in counting down to the festive day! heart.gif

Keep your eyes peeled on December 1st for day 1! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 30 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Fab idea *.* Michelle to be behind one of the doors plz x

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 1 2017, 12:05 AM
Post #3
THE BLAZE *.*

Day #1...
Favourite #1 of 2017

UltraReputation:

As if it could be anything else kink.gif Taylor returned with a bang in 2017 with one of her best lead singles Look What You Made Me Do, which became her first UK #1 and another #1 in America! I'm completely obsessed with this and this is my favourite #1 in forever, I've heard it around 600 times now!!! I stayed up waiting for this to premiere and this didn't disappoint at all and I legit played it on repeat all day the day it came out laugh.gif I love the lyrics, the pre-chorus is the highlight of the song and 'the old Taylor' part is iconic af. The video is also easily my favourite this year and is incredible *.* Taylor delivered again and this is legit one of my favourite Taylor songs ever ohmy.gif A well deserved #1 and a fab song.

Cameron

With a vocal performance like this, there is no wonder this is my favourite #1 of the year! Zara proved herself vocally (again) with this stunningly beautiful song. A heartbreaking video accompanying the track allowed the message to be taught clearly and hearing her sing this live made it click with me forever. wub.gif

Jonjo

The most recent #1 and by far my favourite of the year. Camila was always destined for solo success especially as she was touted by many to be the "star of 5H". She then released a few solo songs, which were nice, but not really fulfilling her full potential... That is until she dropped two more tracks. Both with a slightly more Urban edge but she managed to show promise and 'Havana' kept working it's way into my affections with each and every play. So to see this spend what is about to be it's 5th week at number 1, is not only pleasing as a Camila stan but also a success for pop music in general.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Dec 1 2017, 01:50 AM
Post #4
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Jonjo bringing the actual taste x

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 1 2017, 08:42 AM
Post #5
THE BLAZE *.*

Unfortunately there wasn’t a lot of choice x

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Dec 1 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Michael Bubré @ Dec 1 2017, 01:50 AM) *
Jonjo bringing the actual taste x

Is he tho?

I find Havana na na na so basic na na na

+Quote Post
dancember
post Dec 1 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #7
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Cameron wins Day 1! Symphony is one of my absolute faves of the year heart.gif

+Quote Post
Mistletheo
post Dec 1 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #8
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

Dua snubbed. Jonjo has the best pick though, closely followed by Cameron.

+Quote Post
Sqntq Clqus
post Dec 1 2017, 01:20 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Jonjo wins!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Dec 1 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Jonjo wins Day 1 for me 'cause I still can't get enough of 'Havana' *.*

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Dec 1 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #11
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Poor me laugh.gif (expected though!)

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 2 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #12
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Havana >>>>>>>>>

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Dec 2 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #13
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Day #2...
Favourite Musical Duo

Cameron:

This was a difficult one for me to pick. I settled with The Veronicas. I don't know what is is about this Australian duo, but I absolutely love them and their music. I remember the first time I heard 'Untouched' and thought it was from another Disney 'Star' going through the forced rock phase that Demi Lovato went through kink.gif . From then on, releasing bangers such as 'In My Blood' and 'If You Love Someone' has secured me as a fan. 'You Ruin Me' is what put them back on my radar after all these years. I am still waiting for 'Lolita' to be on UK iTunes... Please!!!

Jonjo

I struggled to think of a poppier duo that I like as much as I like these, but I couldn't. In fact, musical duos for the most part especially for pop duos are quite novelty, so it's hard to take them seriously. But I feel this band lean on the alternative rock, pop, rap, indie side of things. It's hard to just dump them into one genre, their songs just flow into different genres so seemlessly and impressively. It's why I have to choose them really. Both studio albums have been outstanding. These guys deserve all the success in the world and Tyler's voice.. heart.gif In fact, I am going as far as to say, he is the next Chester Bennington imo. His voice just transitions from screamo to soft to rap so flawlessly.

UltraReputation

The Veronicas are my favourite duo (You Ruin Me, Untouched, 4Ever and Lotita are all 12/10's <3) but Cam got there first so I'm gonna go with a current fave, country music duo and another pair of twin sisters, Ward Thomas! I really liked their first studio album but it was their second album, Cartwheels that got me obsessed with them. From the upbeat fun country Guilty Flowers to the amazing Carry You Home and fab album track highlights like Safe, this album has kept me hooked on them and I've listened to it repeatedly since last year! Their voices work so well together and I love their lyrics. Ward Thomas also released a covers EP earlier this year which slays and I love their version of 'Shine' by Years & Years!

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 2 2017, 12:30 AM
Post #14
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

well we know who won this round 🙌🙌🙌

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Dec 2 2017, 01:27 AM
Post #15
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Cameron won day 1 for me (I love all three though!) Jonjo, of course, won day 2!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 2 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #16
THE BLAZE *.*

Sam going for my second choice on this drama.gif

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Dec 2 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #17
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

Trying to think if good pop duos was so hard lmao! :/

I wanted to go for a pure pop act like Veronicas, but Cam beat me to it. But it's ok, I slightly twisted the rules for a better option anyway ��

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Dec 3 2017, 08:18 AM
Post #18
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

Day #3...
Favourite Trio of Singles released from one album.

Jonjo

Well... DUH. One of my all time favourite albums (my fave depending on what day it is) by one of my favourite artists and it's partly down to the singles run of Since U Been Gone > Behind These Hazel Eyes > Because Of You, all of which I am sure are in my top 15 of all time! It's the greatest singles run of all time. Just everything about this run is flawless! heart.gif
---
Cameron

This was so so so so so difficult! Jonjo beat me to it with Kelly and I wanted to try and have something different cry.gif . I think I am going to go with a Cameron favourite and pick Ariana Grande's yours truly era. 'Break Free', 'Love Me Harder' and 'One Last Time' as a trio are sublime. 'Problem' is also incredible out of all the singles released, I even still love 'Bang Bang' despite Jessica Cornish's inclusion. Ariana is a superstar.
---
UltraReputation

This was so tough! Breakaway is probably my ultimate as well but Jonjo beat me to that as well laugh.gif Then it's probably Speak Now's flawless single-run (Mine/Back To December/Mean) is definitely up there but I don't wanna use Taylor for every single answer I give! I was thinking of doing Paparazzi/Bad Romance/Telephone for Gaga but its kinda two albums so I decided no laugh.gif I also nearly went for Born To Die but in the end I've decided to go for the first three singles from Avril Lavigne's debut album 'Let Go'. Complicated remains an utter classic and one of my favourite songs of all time, Sk8er Boi was one of my main childhood bops and I still know every heard off by heart and get my life to it whenever I hear it and I'm With You is a stunning and heartfelt ballad with Avril storming the vocals and the lyrics are incredible and poignant. Three fabulous songs that show off different aspects of Avril's talents and a terrific back-to-back run of songs that still sound incredible 15 years later. <3

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Dec 3 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #19
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Great picks wub.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 4 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #20
THE BLAZE *.*

Day #4...
Favourite Male Song

Jonjo

My 2nd favourite song of all time, is 'Mr. Brightside', however, they are situated in the indie forum, so I have disqualified myself from using it as I have already twisted the rules slightly to include TØP so didn't want to push my luck. So I have gone for my favourite song by my favourite male artist, which is Justin Timberlake! The song is so beautiful and after being addicted to, but feeling slightly underwhelmed at the time with 'Suit & Tie', when this premiered as an instant grat, all doubts about his new album were cast to one side. What a storming pop ballad! So beautiful!

Ultrareputation

This was literally a tie between Jailhouse Rock/Smooth Criminal/Tiny Dancer (I'm not even sure if these are all even classified as pop laugh.gif) but I've gone for the latter. I'm not usually a fan of long songs but the way 'Tiny Dancer' builds makes it worth it. I love the relaxing instrumental and the chorus is one of those I can never refrain myself from singing-a-long to. I love the lyrics and I'd say this became my favourite song from a male after I watched 'Almost Famous', one of my favourite films ever. The song works so perfectly in the film and is one of the best uses I've seen of a song not specifically made for the film being used in a film if that makes sense! A beautiful classic that I could listen to over and over again on repeat. <3

Cameron

As expected, this category was a little bit more difficult for me to do. laugh.gif as obviously female voices are my favourite as I find it very difficult to find a male voice that I like... Anyway, most of you know how much I adore Lawson and how much I love Andy as a singer and a songwriter. Chapman Square was such an incredible era and I really could have picked When She Was Mine and Learn To Love Again too. Not to mention the tracks from Chapter 2! However, standing In The Dark really is one of my all time favs. It refuses to get old and I just love the lyrics and melody. I’m a sucker for male ballads that actually show emotion that is not forced. Honourable mentions to Hunter Hayes - I Want Crazy and Olly Murs - Busy!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:08 PM