BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How would you change the production of certain songs?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Snow❄Diploughmat
post Dec 6 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #1
Life is too short for shade.
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Well there are lots of Lounge topics about random things so I thought I would create this one....

I often think about how I would change the production of current chart songs in particular songs to make them 'better' if I had of been part of the team in the studio making the song. For me it would often be getting rid of pitched vocals in songs which I don't really like, so if I was producing Anywhere by Rita Ora I would get rid of them in the drop and replace them with synths in the drop.

Also for Jax Jones ft Ina Wroldsen - Breathe, I would add atmospheric background synths inspired by those in 90s classic Everything But the Girl - Missing (Todd Terry remix). The logic for this is I think the instrumental is quite dark especially in the buildup but does need something more to it I think to make it more atmospheric.

How would you change the production of certain songs (particularly well known new ones) if you had of been lucky enough to be part of the studio team working on them?

This post has been edited by Snow❄Diploughmat: Dec 6 2017, 05:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Dec 6 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Songs like 'Right Now' by Rihanna and 'Swine' by Lady Gaga are single-handedly ruined by production that I can only describe as 'tumble-dryer' production. Literally anything would be better than these noisy and messy backing tracks, they are so jarring to my ears sad.gif

+Quote Post
Snow❄Diploughmat
post Dec 6 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

Oh just listened to 'Right Now' and that is a sort of dubstep influenced electro production you are talking about! It doesn't really both me but isn't my favourite sort of thing.

Oh and I would replace that harsh headache inducing drop in 'Ready For It...' by Taylor Swift with something not quite as annoying but still dramatic, some cymbal hits probably.

This post has been edited by Snow❄Diploughmat: Dec 6 2017, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 6 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #4
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Witness and Reputation's whole albums need new production.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Dec 6 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #5
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Remove every single synth from Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" album.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post 20 hours ago
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Not really about production, but it tends to be a strange anticlimax when I'm listening to a song and feel like 'oh, this part would make the perfect ending' - but then it continues on for a little while longer. sleep.gif I'm totally serious lmao. Feels like they're milking it, although obviously that's completely just my own subjective perception.

I can't think of any specific examples I'm afraid

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post 15 hours ago
Post #7
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

I would master Red Hot Chili Peppers' Californication a LOT lower. It's such a good album musically, but the album is like the poster child for bad brickwalling. I would also scrap like half of the truck drivers gear changes in history. That's been abused to the point of being a drawback on nearly every song that it shows up in.

+Quote Post
Snow❄Diploughmat
post 15 hours ago
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

Get rid of the pitched down vocals in One Bit and Noah Cyrus - My Way and replace them in that bit with normal male vocals, as other than the pitched down vocal bits I enjoy the tune.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 03:08 PM