BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you hate someone walking behind you?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Crazy Chris
post Dec 8 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Is it just me? I hate anyone, mainly other men, walking behind me. Always slow down to let them go past me. Awful when going through the corridors after you come off a staircase down to the tube trains. Even walking the dog at night, get nervous if someone is behind me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jjake
post Dec 8 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #2
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

i like it when my friends walk next to me, it means i can talk to them more easily instead of say behind me where background noise may prevent me from hearing what they are saying

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Dec 8 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jjake @ Dec 8 2017, 10:45 PM) *
i like it when my friends walk next to me, it means i can talk to them more easily instead of say behind me where background noise may prevent me from hearing what they are saying

I mean strangers actually!

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Dec 8 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,265

I hate people walking slowly in front of me. Old or disabled people I have no problem with, but when it's someone young it winds me up.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 8 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Yeah lmao kink.gif I know that people canít help that they just happen to be going the same route as me but itís just an irrational annoyance personally laugh.gif maybe itís because I overthink the situations when Iím the person behind someone and think they think Iím stalking them or smt :í)

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post Dec 8 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #6
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Doesn't really happen to me much because I'm a fast walker, I get more annoyed by people walking slowly. If possible I just overtake them now lol, I'm not missing a bus just to avoid strange looks. x

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 9 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #7
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I hate it, usually with women it doesn't bother me as much but it is quite intimidating when it's a man, it's just like your gut instinct kicks in and puts you on edge because it does feel kinda threatening, obviously there are times when it's unavoidable but then there's a lot of occasions where it is and they still do it. I was walking from uni to the bus stop the other day and after I crossed the road I felt someone walking behind me really closely, now I've f***ed up my back so I've not been able to walk at my usual pace so I was going kinda slow, usually I'd have sped up but I couldn't so I just moved into the side so they could get by, but the guy didn't and he shadowed me so close for like ten mins until I got to the bus stop and then he stood there to wait too, which is fine. Then he moved and stands directly next to me, nearly shoulder to shoulder so I move away and he follows again, I'm really kinda freaked at this point and the other woman at stop is like �� and then another group of girls starts heading towards the bus stop and this guy walks back to go and then walk behind them and then back to the stop and does the same to the girls as he did to me. It ended up that we let this man on the bus first and then I went and sat up at the back and the other group of girls sat beside me just to distance ourselves from him and we were all just kinda like wtaf??

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Dec 9 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

I was fine with it until the day I got attacked and mugged, since when I've always tried to distance myself from strangers.

If I'm the one walking behind someone, I try and cross the road or make sure there's enough space so I can overtake without getting too close.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Dec 9 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Happened again last night when I took the dog out at 10. A man was behind me and kept starting to walk a bit quicker then slow down. Then I stopped and pretended to tie my shoe-lace so he went past. People say I won't get mugged or attacked with a dog but you never know. Hate someone behind me anyway. As Linds said, a gut instinct kicks in. I get cars stopping too some nights which is unnerving and guys asking me if I want to buy stuff. Drugs obviously so I politely say no.

This post has been edited by Crazy Christmas: Dec 9 2017, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Dec 9 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅs. @ Dec 9 2017, 12:27 AM) *
I hate it, usually with women it doesn't bother me as much but it is quite intimidating when it's a man, it's just like your gut instinct kicks in and puts you on edge because it does feel kinda threatening, obviously there are times when it's unavoidable but then there's a lot of occasions where it is and they still do it. I was walking from uni to the bus stop the other day and after I crossed the road I felt someone walking behind me really closely, now I've f***ed up my back so I've not been able to walk at my usual pace so I was going kinda slow, usually I'd have sped up but I couldn't so I just moved into the side so they could get by, but the guy didn't and he shadowed me so close for like ten mins until I got to the bus stop and then he stood there to wait too, which is fine. Then he moved and stands directly next to me, nearly shoulder to shoulder so I move away and he follows again, I'm really kinda freaked at this point and the other woman at stop is like �� and then another group of girls starts heading towards the bus stop and this guy walks back to go and then walk behind them and then back to the stop and does the same to the girls as he did to me. It ended up that we let this man on the bus first and then I went and sat up at the back and the other group of girls sat beside me just to distance ourselves from him and we were all just kinda like wtaf??

Sounds like some kind of perv. May be mentally ill. Be careful. There are some really strange people about. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Crazy Christmas: Dec 9 2017, 08:53 AM

+Quote Post
Shia LeMuffQueef
post Dec 11 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #11
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I am usually the one walking behind people as my dog likes to pull until we are walking right behind someone in front for some reason. I try to slow down then get sped up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 11 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Oh I really do not like people walking behind me, especially in darkness as that just feels ultra creepy for some reason. It wasn't always this way, but one year in Spain a man was creepily following me and my brother home (and then just randomly vanished thankfully) and since then I've been a bit paranoid.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Dec 11 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #13
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Yes - it really irritates me for some reason, I have to cross the road - or stop and wait for them to pass in front. It is really annoying!

They should also have fast and slow lanes like with roads, but for pavements. The amount of times I seem to get stuck behind slow walkers... you know the ones that stop for no reason and you almost crash into the back of them? I love a slow lazy walk sometimes but keep to the side and not in the middle.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 12 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #14
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I ďhadĒ to walk behind a woman for a bit this evening lmao, felt a little anxious (even though itís not my fault people get paranoid like that itís just how things are but oh well) despite that I ended up crossing the road and slightly increasing my walking pace. Joy laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Dec 12 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

I don't particularly hate it when someone is walking behind me, but I feel really uncomfortable when I have to walk behind someone else. I always feel like I'm stalking them (even tho I'm not), especially when we end up going the same way for a while or end up going to the same place. Also, I hate being behind people who walk really slowly for no reason, especially if they're not paying attention and are on their phone the whole time. It's maddening.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 04:55 AM