BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> End of Year Qz
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 11 2017, 12:11 AM
Post #1
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I just scrolled past this on tumblr and it reminded me of the 30 day song challenge I ran before and also the quizzes that Cameron has done in the past so I thought why not share it here. It's just a bunch of EOY questions that should get a bit of reflection going! Don't feel you need to answer all of them, this was made for tumblr so I'm not expecting everyone to wanna post pictures or whatever as there are a couple of questions that ask that laugh.gif

1. Song of the year?
2. Album of the year?
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year?
4. Movie of the year?
5. TV show of the year?
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you?
7. Favorite actor of the year?
8. Game of the year?
9. Best month for you this year?
10. Something that made you cry this year?
11. Something you want to do again next year?
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year
13. How was your birthday this year?
14. Favorite book you read this year?
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year?
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year
17. Post a picture from the end of the year
18. A memorable meal this year?
19. What’re you excited about for next year?
20. What’s something you learned this year?
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year?
22. Favorite place you visited this year?
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be?
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions?
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 11 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #2
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year? Fake Happy by Paramore, I honestly have so many songs of the year this year that I'm not even set on this :')
2. Album of the year? All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell by Pvris
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? MUNA
4. Movie of the year? The Carmilla Movie (that none of you probs know of kink.gif)
5. TV show of the year? Orphan Black
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? No idea
7. Favorite actor of the year? Chyler Leigh
8. Game of the year? Drunk snap
9. Best month for you this year? August
10. Something that made you cry this year? Seeing Pvris live again and 90% of everything else that happened
11. Something you want to do again next year? See Lotti
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year - in a buzzjack sense i got a lot closer to Burbe this year but idk if I befriended him this year or last?? Love him though and it was great actually getting to meet and hang out in person sick2.gif irl wise we had a girl transfer from the Inverness campus to the Perth one at uni and she's really cool and I get on well with her, she reminds me of lotti a little bit actually!
13. How was your birthday this year? It was pretty good, I mean I spent it at Disney in Florida so I can't complain really *.*
14. Favorite book you read this year? Literally all the books I've read have been for my dissertation, I've started a few books but not been able to finish them for one reason or another, it's been a sad year on that front
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? Idk if I picked up any, more just made pre-existing ones worse, like procrastination, stress eating, over thinking etc... I became aware of quite a heavy one though and that's putting people before myself (which is usually a good thing to do) but in a way that was really unhealthy and I ended up damaging my own happiness or mindset on multiple occasions just from prioritising other people and neglecting myself.
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year - Maybe tomorrow
17. Post a picture from the end of the year- maybe tomorrow
18. A memorable meal this year? Every Lottsey meet up meal tbh, there wasn't one that wasn't iconic
19. What’re you excited about for next year? Haaaa seeing Paramore I guess and being able to quit my job
20. What’s something you learned this year? That kangaroos have three vaginas and opening up to people can be good
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I have a chair for my desk now
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Florida
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? Be more guarded when it comes to other people, it's not selfish to make sure you're happy first and foremost and don't f***ing agree to move departments at work.
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? Idk if I made any last year, I'll need to check last year's threads. Usually I just set myself goals that I can maintain with like no effort, like going to as many gigs as I can.
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? I've kinda started mine already and it's to say yes more and be less afraid to do things I ordinarily wouldn't

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 11 2017, 01:11 AM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

1. Song of the year? TBA not spoiling my countdown x
2. Album of the year? Reputation by Taylor swift, but Melodrama by Lorde and Ctrl by SZA ran it close
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Camila Cabello or SZA, the former was obv in 5H and I did know SZA before and loved her song Julia from BJSC but never went further, yet Ctrl is oneof my albums of the year so a fab proper debut.
4. Movie of the year? I don't think I've even seen any oops
5. TV show of the year? There's a few, really loved OITNB, 13 Reasons Why, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Good Place, Doctor Foster, Strictly, this summer's civilian Big Brother UK and Big Brother Canada
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? hmm that's a bit loaded so idk
7. Favorite actor of the year? Rachel Bloom in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend no question
8. Game of the year? Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
9. Best month for you this year? hmm idk ever month I think of for this had something shit that balanced it away, I guess August
10. Something that made you cry this year? depression xx
11. Something you want to do again next year? more Buzzjack meet ups I guess
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year - my best friend from home's housemate is lovely and we've had some great drunk memories afer me being like wtf who is this weirdo when I first met her LMAOOO
13. How was your birthday this year? It was good we went out and got drunk and I can't complain at that tbh
14. Favorite book you read this year? Like Lindsey most of what i've read has been for bloody uni, I read an amazing biography of Aileen Wuornos though while I was in one of those read about serial killers moods lmao
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? f*** knows but I had enough to not need new ones
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year https://www.instagram.com/p/BPzvf49hq0c/?ta...by=crowleyliam_
17. Post a picture from the end of the year https://www.instagram.com/p/BchuF2tHHfb/?ta...by=crowleyliam_
18. A memorable meal this year? Munchie box in Glasgow *.*
19. What’re you excited about for next year? ermmm concerts I have booked I guess, more fun times at uni before I have to be an adult
20. What’s something you learned this year? that biopsych sucks ass x
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I'm in a different student house now
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Glasgow probs
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? "don't be complacenet about biological psychology" lmao
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? no
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? not even gonna bother bc i'll fil them x

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Dec 11 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

1. Song of the year? GREEN LIGHT!!
2. Album of the year? melodrama
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? camila cabello
4. Movie of the year? IT
5. TV show of the year? stranger things 2 was a moment, but i've been binging brooklyn 99 and it's one of the most progressive shows i've seen
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? no idea
7. Favorite actor of the year? evan peters
8. Game of the year? animal crossing
9. Best month for you this year? september
10. Something that made you cry this year? thomas the tank engine doing stunts is the last thing i cried at
11. Something you want to do again next year? more bj meetups
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year made a load of friends thru work, theyre all cool
13. How was your birthday this year? on my actual bday i had a burger king then did an evening shift but a few days l8er i went out with my friends and had a really good night
14. Favorite book you read this year? i'm reading so much for my course but robert gehl's reversing engineering social media was a really eye opening read
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? i have NO idea
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-dvOkBcnM/?ta...-by=lottidelrey
17. Post a picture from the end of the year https://www.instagram.com/p/BcUWSR8lrzt/?ta...-by=lottidelrey
18. A memorable meal this year? having deep fried pizza in glasgow
19. What’re you excited about for next year? moving to germany
20. What’s something you learned this year? to try focus on self love
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? it's a house and not student halls x
22. Favorite place you visited this year? it'll have to be glasgow oops
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? IT DOES GET BETTER
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? i can't even remember if i made any
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? stay £££ on £££ the £££ grind

+Quote Post
Avicii
post Dec 11 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #5
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year? EOY spoilers
2. Album of the year? Avicii - Avīci (01)
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? DJ Khaled, wasn't keen on his earlier stuff but I'm the One, Wild Thoughts and Don't Quit from this year are all great
4. Movie of the year? Rogue One (or Thor Ragnarok if strictly from 2017 though the new Star Wars film may well be better)
5. TV show of the year? Rick and Morty
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? n/a
7. Favorite actor of the year? n/a
8. Game of the year? n/a
10. Something that made you cry this year? stressing over uni work
11. Something you want to do again next year? skiing holiday
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year n/a
13. How was your birthday this year? nothing too special but great nonetheless
14. Favorite book you read this year? n/a
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? n/a
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year n/a
17. Post a picture from the end of the year n/a
18. A memorable meal this year? kangaroo burger at a pub in Amsterdam, so good we went there twice.
19. What’re you excited about for next year? skiing and my 21st birthday mellow.gif
20. What’s something you learned this year? I'm terrible at procrastinating
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? we got a new kіtchen
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Amsterdam
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? n/a
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? no
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? none

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Dec 11 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #6
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

1. Song of the year? P!nk - Barbies
2. Album of the year? P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Haven't really listened to anyone new this year ohmy.gif
4. Movie of the year? Beauty and the Beast
5. TV show of the year? Stranger Things
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? Outlander season 3 episode 1, felt like I'd waited forever for the new season to start laugh.gif
7. Favorite actor of the year? Sam Heughan
8. Game of the year?
9. Best month for you this year? October
10. Something that made you cry this year? Being a grown up :cry drama.gif laugh.gif
11. Something you want to do again next year? Visit the Cat Cafe more
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year Haven't made any new human friends laugh.gif
13. How was your birthday this year? It was amazing, my 30th, celebrated it from April (when I went Disneyland) up until June (when I went Edinburgh)
14. Favorite book you read this year? Outlander book 5
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? I don't like getting out of bed anymore
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year Scotland
17. Post a picture from the end of the year Candy
18. A memorable meal this year? The Princess Lunch at Disneyland Paris.
19. What’re you excited about for next year? Spending Halloween in Edinburgh
20. What’s something you learned this year? Its ok to ignore other peoples bullshit and walk away if I feel uncomfortable in a situation
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? Nothing much has changed
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Disneyland
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? You're stronger than you think
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? I didn't make any
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Probably won't make any next year either tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 11 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

1. Song of the year? alt-j - 3WW
2. Album of the year? The xx - I See You
3. Favourite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Kelela
4. Movie of the year? 'Lion', released late last year, but I think it's the only film I've seen at the cinema this year lmao
5. TV show of the year? I barely watch any TV these days, I'm even falling behind with The Apprentice sad.gif Something quizzy like The Chase or Pointless.
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? One Love Manchester, not an 'episode' per se but a wonderful standalone piece of television.
7. Favourite actor of the year? Dev Patel in 'Lion'
8. Game of the year? Snatch if that counts
10. Something that made you cry this year? My University workload xo
11. Something you want to do again next year? Go to a handful of concerts again
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year A few people on my journalism course who I'd never spoken to before, but turned out to be really cool after we were paired together for news days.
13. How was your birthday this year? My 20th birthday was lovely, going to The Mandarin is always a highlight of life *.*
14. Favourite book you read this year? Guinness Book of World Records 2017, it's been a pretty bleak year for non-Uni reading material oops
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? Obsessively checking what the sky is like outside, knowing it's going to make me sad when it's dark at 5pm
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year https://www.instagram.com/p/BO7KvCtAJRC/?ta...ade_williams_97 (a selfie as I don't have many pics from the beginning of the year lmao)
17. Post a picture from the end of the year https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNSyDgBDvz/?ta...ade_williams_97 (qt family photo)
18. A memorable meal this year? My plates piled high with Chinese food at the Mandarin
19. What are you excited about for next year? Graduating from University (also terrifying tho) and my 21st birthday
20. What’s something you learned this year? Organisation skills are key, I've been far more on top of my work this year so far
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I now have a large packet of gel pens on the floor, wild
22. Favourite place you visited this year? España!
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? Do not stress about work experience as you'll love it
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? I don't think so oops
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Lose a bit of weight so my graduation pics aren't too ugly and don't haunt me forever x

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 11 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #8
Salutations are in order to welcome forth our sweet disorder
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year?

Some contenders:

The xx - On Hold
Stormzy feat. MNEK - Blinded By Your Grace Part 2
Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark
Avicii feat. Rita Ora - Lonely Together

2. Album of the year?

Temples - Volcano

Lots of 'em. Pond, Queens Of The Stone Age, Declan McKenna, Bicep, The Big Moon, King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard, etc.

4. Movie of the year?

Baby Driver

5. TV show of the year?

Contenders:

Gunpowder, Strike, Three Girls, Decline And Fall, Samurai Jack 2017

World Enough And Time (Doctor Who)
The Ricklantis Mixup (Rick And Morty)

Dunno.

8. Game of the year?

Haven't played a lot of 2017 games. But okay, Mario Run?

August or December

Great

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby

Meatballs with some nice red sauce

Franz Ferdinand's new album
Black Panter
Deadpool 2
The Incredibles 2
Ralph Breaks The Internet
Game Night
My final day of school

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 11 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

1. Song of the year?

Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry

2. Album of the year?

Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me

Kehlani or Sigrid

4. Movie of the year?

Trash - Happy Death Day, non trash - The Florida Project

5. TV show of the year?

Non-Reality - The Good Place, Reality - Big Brother S18

The last episode of The Good Place S1 had me SHOOK.

Timothee Chalamet wub.gif

8. Game of the year?

Heads Up on my iPhone for pre drinks x

February was so much fun, August was fab. I really liked May too. It was a good year, just nothing life defining.

The passing of my Father has been hard to deal with.

Continue to have nights out in Birmingham, some of my fave nights out this year <3.

It's been a year where I haven't made many tbh. I've made new friends at work I guess but don't really see them outside of work, I had a lot of fun meeting Bal, Joe & Rob this year as well.

Amazing! It was just a night out but I didn't set myself any expectations so it was a lot of fun.

lol

Just letting people walk all over me, it was already there but probably more present this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPiYjn4hxA1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPZXn5B9ck

Too hard, I eat out all the time! laugh.gif

Holidays and just seeing what the year brings!

That it's better to have a small group of friends rather than loads of friends who don't give a f***.

21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year?

I used to live in one of the worst places in Manchester in a run down house, now I live in a beautiful apartment.

Madrid, Milan and Lisbon were all beautiful. I've loved going to Birmingham as well as far as the UK goes too.

23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be?

Don't worry, you'll be fine

I progressed in work, not as fast as I would've liked but still, I've made progress and I've made some new friends so yes!

To eat healthy, watch my money and go to the gym (lol predictable I know).

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 12 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #10
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

1. Song of the year? Gah, spoilers for my EOY but right now, I'd say Bodak Yellow, Touch or Look What You Made Me Do.
2. Album of the year? More spoilers for EOY but either Lana or HAIM, I think..
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Declan McKenna is the artist I started listening to in a big way this year, I did listen to Isombard a few times in 2016 though ohmy.gif
4. Movie of the year? More spoilers for EOY, gaaaah but a toss up between Call Me By Your Name, Thor and Wonder Woman.
5. TV show of the year? - 13 Reasons Why because it's pretty much the only one I've seen. I did finish it under 24 hours so was pretty hooked on it.
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? - No idea but I thought the final episode of 13RW was pretty hard hitting.
7. Favorite actor of the year? - Gal Gadot for becoming such a star this year.
8. Game of the year? - I don't really play games at all so probably Ring of Fire or something at pre-drinks laugh.gif
9. Best month for you this year? - Probably December, I'm just feeling more and more happy with my friends and social life at university and it has been pretty deadline free *.* This has genuinely been the best year of my life so far wub.gif
10. Something that made you cry this year? - I cried at Wonder (the film) in the cinema just a few days ago cry.gif
11. Something you want to do again next year? - Visit another European capital city, hopefully visiting Vienna next year cheer.gif
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year - My group of friends at university, couldn't be more excited to be moving out for the first time and living with five other lovely people next year.
13. How was your birthday this year? - Decent, I doubt going to the zoo is something most people do on their 18th birthday but it was a lovely day out with my family :')
14. Favorite book you read this year? - Call Me By Your Name. I finished it in under a day and was just so swept up in the romance of it all.
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? - Procrastination has got worse and worse, I could be in the library for about 5 hours and have barely written a paragraph drama.gif
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year Me and my auntie over New Years
17. Post a picture from the end of the year Me n two dear friends who had the excellent idea of bringing blankets to lectures - at least I'm less spotty now laugh.gif
18. A memorable meal this year? My very first meal out with who would become my future housemates at Nando's during freshers week.
19. What’re you excited about for next year? More fun during first year of uni and moving out of home for the first time.
20. What’s something you learned this year? How to be myself a bit more, I've been so much happier since coming out (to my friends/coursemates anyway) at university which is something I had kept hidden at sixth form.
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? Moving from Bedfordshire all the way up to Newcastle biggrin.gif
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Venice, absolutely gorgeous. I loved how buzzing Madrid was at all times too wub.gif
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? You made it through A Levels in the end cheer.gif heehee.gif
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? I didn't make any last year but I'm not massively happy with my body shape rn so will probably work on that next year.
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Maybe lose a bit of weight and stop eating McDonalds about 25 times a month...

+Quote Post
Midge
post Dec 12 2017, 12:57 AM
Post #11
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year? Clean Bandit ft Zara Larsson "Symphony"

2. Album of the year? Calvin Harris "Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1"

3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? This is really a struggle, the highest placed new artist on my last.fm is Matt Terry, and 99% of those listens are "When Christmas Comes Around" which I love. I don't even know how to answer this one realistically because I have discovered NOBODY this year laugh.gif Worst year for music since I can remember in all honesty.

4. Movie of the year? I haven't seen a 2017 movie in 2017 huh.gif I'm terrible with movies!

5. TV show of the year? Nate & Jeremiah By Design... honestly, check it out, they're incredible

6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? Eurovision Song Contest 2017 - Final - seeing Portugal win and Moldova come 3rd just showed that ANYONE can do it. And both did well with great songs.

7. Favorite actor of the year? Diego Costa, he's quite pantomime. And really I haven't a clue otherwise

8. Game of the year? F1 2017 - I was really impressed with this one, wasn't expecting so much but very detailed

9. Best month for you this year? April

10. Something that made you cry this year? Saying goodbye to all my friends when moving away from Reading. I'm not a crier so I was surprised when it started happening laugh.gif

11. Something you want to do again next year? Hot guys

12. Talk about a new friend you made this year She's a bitch but I love her. She does smell after being walked down the park though.

13. How was your birthday this year? The least eventful its been for a number of years, by choice!

14. Favorite book you read this year? Tenancy agreement

15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? I've just finished a project so am looking for followup work, however I'm off to Australia for the month of March so can't look for something permanent. Slim pickings! Anyway it has made me lazy getting up in the mornings. Bad times

I was really drunk after DJing new years and couldn't wait for a McDonalds breakfast
From Instagram

I visited my friend in Manchester a few weeks and took a pic with her boyfriend...
From Instagram

I had the challenge of making something out of a pumpkin so I made this Brazilian dish with prawns and other stuff
From Instagram

19. What’re you excited about for next year? Visiting friends in Australia and then potentially moving north for work

20. What’s something you learned this year? Stop attracting and getting with guys who have a boyfriend. I will have to assume they have one now before I do anything laugh.gif

21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I live in a different place than I did earlier this year...

22. Favorite place you visited this year? Hmmm I think I had the most fun in Portsmouth this year when revisiting. Went to uni there and love it so much!

23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? Trust your instincts. Really, I don't have regrets this year

24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? I can't remember laugh.gif

25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? I haven't thought that far ahead yet

This post has been edited by Lenny: Dec 12 2017, 12:59 AM

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Dec 12 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #12
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

1. Song of the year? No spoiling eoy xo
2. Album of the year? ^
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? For me I would have say Vukovi or Tom Walker.
4. Movie of the year? Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 not seen too many but to watch this for a radio thing.
5. TV show of the year? 13 Reasons Why or The Good Place
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? Hmm best single episode would be the episode from The Good Place with that twist.
7. Favorite actor of the year? Dylan Minette
8. Game of the year? Don't hsve one
10. Something that made you cry this year? I cried a tad at one scene 8n 13RW
11. Something you want to do again next year? Not really can't think of anything.
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year I made friends with a guy called Luke
13. How was your birthday this year? Good nothing to crazy.
14. Favorite book you read this year? Girl on the train I know it's not from 2017 but I only read it this yeae
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year I barely take images so don't have one oops
18. A memorable meal this year? Brownie from local pub was lush
19. What’re you excited about for next year? Getting my degree hopefully
20. What’s something you learned this year? To be a bit more professional
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? New furniture
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Don't really one
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? It won't be a big one in terms of your life but it will be a crazy year elsewhere
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? No
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Hmm to buckle down and get shit done.

+Quote Post
M.
post Dec 12 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year?
don't do this to me, I don't rly work like that

2. Album of the year?
This I probably can say. Sevdaliza - ISON / Björk - Utopia (the latter is still sort of growing on me with every listen but I'm pretty confident that I'll look back at it as one of my very favourite albums of this year)

I discovered an EP by ppl called youryoungbody, maybe them? There might be a better answer for this but I'm too lazy to go searching my last.fm or whatever... Because it's just one EP, I only know around five songs by this band but I just really enjoyed listening to that EP this year, as well as watching some of their live performances. I don't think I started listening to many new artists in 2017.

4. Movie of the year?
Maybe 'Lion'? I saw that movie this year I'm pretty sure. Made me think about my own life quite a lot and it was v emotionallll

5. TV show of the year?
Didn't watch that much TV this year, not sure

none

none

8. Game of the year?
none

Like many people in this thread already, I would probably have to say August. That was probably the month I was at my best this year emotionally, especially the first two weeks.

Loneliness / Overthinking about my problems

Go on holidays

I got into my first proper romantic relationship this year. Also made some new online friends but no new friends in real life apart from the relationship.

Well, first thing I did after I got up was I secretly went to a separate room to have a little cry at the thought of being the age I am and feeling like I've not achieved much or had that much of what I'd like (which sounds selfish and ungrateful and partly untrue). The day improved as I went to a fine little restaurant with family. I actually don't really like birthdays in general, they evoke strange emotions in me.

I finally finished The Diary of Anne Frank this year and am currently reading the book I got after that (received it for my birthday actually) which is about the theories of people's psychology and people's physical appearances possibly being linked.

I was probably even more negative this year than I've previously been for some time. Lots of self-pity going on, I think it's getting better now.

sombre-looking pic with a tree

me being on obsess-mode over my new hats (I couldn't rly find a better one lol)

My birthday meal, as well as most of the meals I had on dates.

Going on holidays hopefully, moving out hopefully (PLS), better sex hopefully tongue.gif

Well obviously I've learned things at my job. Also I feel like life is constantly throwing out potential lessons for me to learn, it's sorta difficult to grasp hold of them though and actually grow as a person according to those lessons...

I actually can't think of anything!

DEFINITELY Inisheer, which is the smallest of the Aran Islands off the coast of Galway. It was my first solo holiday, I enjoyed myself so much and wanna go again with someone else this time! Among other spots I found, there was this wonderful lakeside place where I sat, enjoyed the sun (I don't think I saw a single cloud during my three days away!), read my book and just... relaxed. I feel like it was a very important experience for me to have and I'm really glad I went for it heart.gif

nsfw ~

I doubt I made any.

Well I don't like to call them resolutions really, but I'm hoping to start getting ready to leave the house a little earlier (and also getting up earlier) so there won't be a sense of 'shit I might be late!!!1' or actually being late which does occur occasionally. Also I want 2018 to bring me more positivity in myself, I've had a pretty rough couple of years emotionally, so I'm hoping to work on myself to be more positive and at peace with myself, as well as not constantly relying on external circumstances to keep me happy / motivated / at peace. Gotta be grateful <3

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 12 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #14
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

1. Song of the year? Little Mix - Touch
2. Album of the year? Kelly Clarkson - Meaning Of Life
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Sigrid
4. Movie of the year? Beuaty and The Beast
5. TV show of the year? The Good Place
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? Eastenders actually being good again
7. Favorite actor of the year? Kristen Bell
8. Game of the year? Grand Theft Auto 5 is the only one I really paid
10. Something that made you cry this year? University
11. Something you want to do again next year? Drink...
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year Got so much closer to my work colleagues and we're now all besties
13. How was your birthday this year? Incredible, turned 21 and went to Florida and spent the day in Disneyland and had dinner at Be Our Guest
14. Favorite book you read this year? Small Great Things - Jodi Picoult
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? Saying 'like' a lot
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year no
17. Post a picture from the end of the year no
18. A memorable meal this year? Dinner at Be Our Guest
19. What’re you excited about for next year? I want to get my 2:1 it seems unreachable now but I hope it becomes closer
20. What’s something you learned this year? Confidence and to be somewhat happy with myself
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I have a new tv in my room... lmao
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Florida
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? Say no
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? No
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Get through uni

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 12 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #15
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Good luck with obtaining your Uni goal Cami, I'm sure you'll smash it *.*

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Dec 12 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #16
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year?
Am planning to do an EOY so no spoilers x

2. Album of the year?
Either Arcade Fire Everything Now or Oh Wonder Ultralife, I think

Probably Steven Wilson, certainly the first year I checked him out in full.

4. Movie of the year?
(said prior to Star Wars which could well be the answer to this before the year's out) Either Get Out or Arrival, I'm a bit indecisive on these things

5. TV show of the year?
(said prior to Black Mirror) Blue Planet II

6. Episode of TV or webisode that defined the year for you?
Errrr, idk, Jade's shout of the Ariana concert is a good one though

idk

8. Game of the year?
Don't play PC games, though I have been ludicrously addicted to the Color Switch iPhone app

August was pretty great for me as well actually, very chill and generally good going month.

Anxiety/work stress have got me pretty close

Get out of my comfort zone, bit vague but I did feel doing that was the source of good things this year

I got very close to my coursemates on my PGCE and my mentor, though more a professional relationship than a social one, has been such a great support during and after my training and we will hopefully remain in touch. Also I did feel like I got closer to some people on here as well and can certainly call them friends.

Lovely, still quite psyched I actually had snow for it *.

Life of Pi, I decided to finally read it after having it on my shelf for so long

Putting things off

I don't take pictures lol, I probably had less facial hair

see above x

My mum's birthday meal at a restaurant called the Duck and the Waffle had some interesting delicacies

I have tickets to see Planet Earth II live at the Royal Albert Hall that I bought completely on impulse soooo...that *.* I'm also hoping to go on holiday in the summer

That I'm actually better than I thought with people ;o

We have a new kіtchen! It looks lovely actually, this has been our house's equivalent of 'the new site' for Buzzjack so it feels strange it's finally here!

Weston Super Mare I guess, as the only place away. Will hopefully have more to add to this next year

Things will be tough, but hang tight and you'll get through it (like how the hell do I say this without sounding cliched)

I can't remember them as always, but I did get employment which was an aim

I think I'd like to improve my diet, I've been comfort eating far too much this year and my metabolism is slowly vanishing, and to just keep on making an effort with people as it does seem to be going well.

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Dec 12 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year? Ne Obliviscaris - Libera Pts 1 & 2
2. Album of the year? Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Either Whispered, The Dear Hunter, or Moulettes
4. Movie of the year? Get Out; Wonder Woman and Logan are honorable mentions. Still behind on movies tho lol.
5. TV show of the year? I haven't seen that many tv series this year. I'm still playing catch up on a lot of things and am about a year or so behind on tv.
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? N/A.
7. Favorite actor of the year? Gal Godot? I guess?
8. Game of the year? The Long Dark, though that's been around for a while. I'm even more behind on games than I am on tv and movies.
9. Best month for you this year? Either April or May so far.
10. Something that made you cry this year? I don't think I've legit cried this year.
11. Something you want to do again next year? I would like to have another music related job, like at the school music library or a theater again.
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year Well, I'll mention three really cool friends I've made since moving. One I knew before I moved to work on my Bachelor's, but wasn't really that close to before. We started catching up over fb on the bus ride here, and have become super close since then. We have a lot of really strong friendly chemistry, so it's really for us to have conversations. The other two I met in my Russian class. One's a girl who is (I'm pretty sure at least) the only other person in the school with my specific major. We're at pretty much the same level with French and Russian (we're both French & Russian majors), and have some background in theater (we were both theater techs too!). She's a really sweet girl. The other one is actually my Russian teacher! She's actually roughly my age (a year or two older I think tho...I haven't asked because I know better than to ask someone about their age lol), but she's super chill and a really easy person to talk to. She's also one of the best teachers I've had, and really got me interested in learning Russian. She won't be my teacher next semester, sadly, but hopefully I can maintain a friendship there.
13. How was your birthday this year? I'll tell you in a week! Hopefully it'll be good
14. Favorite book you read this year? American Gods - Neil Gaiman
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? Heroin.
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year Don't take many pictures
17. Post a picture from the end of the year See above
18. A memorable meal this year? These AMAZING pecan glazed carrots that my brother made for his culinary school graduation. It's been 8 months and I still remember what they taste like.
19. What’re you excited about for next year? idk yet. Just trying to make it through the end of this year.
20. What’s something you learned this year? Russian isn't as hard as I thought it would be! I also learned a lot about educational psychology, foreign languages, and music.
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? Well, it's in a different city for starters. Also, it constantly smells like weed and the walls are super thin. Other than that, it's surprising just how similar it is.
22. Favorite place you visited this year? The bathroom. Didn't go on any trips, really. I do want to go to France and/or Russia soon though. Hopefully in the next year or two.
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? "Be extra cautious with your wallet this year." I've had roughly $500 stolen from my wallet (likely by roommates or coworkers)
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? Didn't make any
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Don't have any. I would like to make another album or EP or two or something though.

This post has been edited by Ninjabait: Dec 12 2017, 11:40 PM

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 13 2017, 04:03 AM
Post #18
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

1. Song of the year? Undecided
2. Album of the year? Lorde - Melodrama
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? Campsite Dream
4. Movie of the year? The Big Sick
5. TV show of the year? Survivor
6. Episode of tv or webisode that defined the year for you? Survivor when Zeke got outed at tribal and it turned into a super heartfelt supportive thing. Although I wouldn't say that "defined" the year, it was just my favorite tongue.gif
7. Favorite actor of the year? Kenan Thompson believe it or not, he's slaying Saturday Night Live lately
8. Game of the year? none
9. Best month for you this year? July I guess but August was close
10. Something that made you cry this year? I nearly cried watching a parade lmao
11. Something you want to do again next year? So last year at the end of summer I took myself to a park for the afternoon and just people-watched and it was SO nice, I wondered why I'd never done that before. I'm definitely gonna do that more next year because it's so much better than just sitting alone in my room, the only downside would be not having internet while I'm there lol
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year Hmm I can't really say that happened oops, I did get closer to some existing friends and reconnected with some old ones though
13. How was your birthday this year? Fine I guess, I got a diploma frame and a bass guitar case so that's awesome
14. Favorite book you read this year? I only read one book and it's the Harry Potter one that was actually a play
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? Checking my phone every couple of minutes even when I know there's no notifications
16. Post a picture from the beginning of the year From beginning of February but close enough
17. Post a picture from the end of the year From late November but close enough
18. A memorable meal this year? There are loads but I'll say pancake breakfast with Noahspike
19. What’re you excited about for next year? Going to Florida for the first time in 9 years
20. What’s something you learned this year? I learned the difference between VGA and HDMI cables and learned how to set up double monitors on a computer. I also learned how to scan and digitize our old public records at work
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I moved so it's all new *.
22. Favorite place you visited this year? Canada
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? Stop asking politely for what you want and waiting, just go get it for yourself
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? I can't remember what mine were sad.gif
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Dunno yet, maybe just open up more and try to do something memorable each day

+Quote Post
Dart
post Dec 13 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #19
lotita 4ever
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year?
Green Light by Lorde

2. Album of the year?
Melodrama by Lorde

Zara Larsson

4. Movie of the year?
N/A

5. TV show of the year?
Big Brother UK

Big Brother UK Final?

N/A

8. Game of the year?
Call Of Duty: WW2

April

Ariana Grande concert attack

Go abroad

N/A

Can’t remember it tbh!

N/A

Late nights

N/A

N/A

Dominoes x

First year of full work! I finish my Apprenticeship in March so I shall be looking for a full time job! Will learn to drive.

You won’t like everyone

New house

The Chinese tbh

Things will get better

No

• Learn to drive
• Get more fit

+Quote Post
breezyspice
post Dec 13 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 39,572
   No Gallery Pics

1. Song of the year? Portugal. The Man - "Feel It Still", it gets turned up every time I hear it. This actually reminds me that I should just finally buy it on iTunes.
2. Album of the year? Imagine Dragons - "Evolve"
3. Favorite musical artist / group you started listening to this year? I only just discovered Imagine Dragons this year.
4. Movie of the year? I haven't watched a lot of movies, mostly TV - to the point that I can't even think of one.
5. TV show of the year? Too many to choose one but I'll say GOT because I was touring filming locations in Belfast when the show came out and I had to avoid spoilers but when I got back home, I watched the entire season in one go.
7. Favorite actor of the year? The kids of Stranger Things
8. Game of the year? Horizon Zero Dawn
9. Best month for you this year? July
10. Something that made you cry this year? Breakup
11. Something you want to do again next year? Travel
12. Talk about a new friend you made this year MUA that I met during a photoshoot, she was rad!
13. How was your birthday this year? AMAZING. I ticked something off my bucket list, walking up the pilgrim's path of St. Michael's Mount
14. Favorite book you read this year? A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
15. What’s a bad habit you picked up this year? So.Much.Pizza.
18. A memorable meal this year? My family in Cornwall made me a full roast beef dinner with all the fixin's for my birthday while I was visiting (my favorite).
19. What’re you excited about for next year? New beginnings and challenges, scary but exciting.
20. What’s something you learned this year? How to correctly say the word 'epaulets'... it is NOT e-paul-lets.
21. What’s something new about your place of residence (room, home, or general location) now vs the start of the year? I'll be leaving it soon and getting my own place.
22. Favorite place you visited this year? The UK. All of it. I can't pick a specific place I visited this summer.
23. If you could send a message to yourself back on the first day of the year, what would it be? Save your money, honey.
24. Did you keep any New Year’s Resolutions? I make fun ones - this year was to read 50 books and I'm at 46... I have some reading to do in the next two weeks!
25. What are your new resolutions for the next year? Maybe I should eat less pizza?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 06:39 AM