BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LOVE~, 🧀
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Dec 12 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #1
open up in a new way, open up on a monday
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Using HausofKubrick's signature thread title formatting for at least the second time, but what else am I gonna call this thread, "Love"? sleep.gif

I've been wanting to create this cheesefest of a thread on Valentine's Day but ok. Do you believe in love? What is love to you? Have you ever been in love?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 12 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I've had a rocky relationship with my current boyfriend, we have been off and on, but I would say I love him now and we really care for each other. Love isn't just to relationships, I truly love some of my closest friends and family.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 12 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I never really believed that I would be in love with anyone until my current relationship, I resigned myself to a possible life of loneliness after I previously hadn't been in a relationship since I was 14 (and that was an utter mess) and didn't particularly care about finding a partner, when I already had people I cared about surrounding me and things like academic studies to focus on. It just naturally happened. But yeah, you definitely feel different about it once you feel like you're in love from my own experience. It is hard to pinpoint exactly what love is but I guess for me it's caring about another person a hell of a lot (like, where their happiness is as essential as your own) and being able to answer "yes" to "do you want to spend the rest of your life together with this person?". These are of course my thoughts on romantic love, I feel a different type of love towards other people I care about like my family members. Just... people you cherish and that bring so much happiness to your days.

+Quote Post
HausofTroye
post Dec 12 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Will probably sound incredibly sad but the one (non-immediate family HUMAN) i've felt true, true love for is.. my dog. The love I have for him outweighs pretty much every other living thing on the planet and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll never find a human I love more than Woody and if I do eventually meet Mr Right I hope I love him half as much as the love I have for my dog. The feelings I have for him are indescribable, but in short I would do ANYTHING for him lmao. blush.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Dec 12 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

I used to kinda just think that love was essentially this incredible butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling that you pretty much have regularly when "in love" with someone - and I have definitely experienced this, but in the past few years I've begun to see that it can really be so much more than that - if you want it to be. My original belief seems a bit naive now and when I describe it, sounds more like a crush really. Jade put it really well (what else is new lol x) about how it's to do with really caring about the other person and being in a place where their happiness is your own. And sure, butterflies too. Lots of butterflies.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 12 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #6
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I was thinking about this the other day actually, in the sense of my friendships in particular. My best friends have been my rocks this year and I don't think they realise just how much they've helped me through stuff or how much I love them as believe it or not I'm not really one for talking about my feelings (that's why they tend to spill out online more oops). Except for Lotti, I had never had friends that I felt that kind of love for before, any other friendships were kinda temporary- of course I didn't think that at the time but I never felt I could rely on them or open up to them the way I have with my closest friends now, those are the sort of friends you make through school really - you're friends out of necessity almost rather than because you want each other in your lives. I think that's how you know when you love someone in whatever capacity, at least for me anyway, when you can't imagine your life without them and don't ever want to consider that as a possibility. I actually feel that way about a few of you guys, if i'm honest (I'm sure you know who you are). I've never felt that kind of mutual "in love" feeling since my only proper relationship was wayyyyy more one-sided as it turned out but anyone I have had strong feelings for, its usually come off the back of just wanting them in my life so I guess there's not SO much of a difference between romantic love and all the other kinds, at least not for me.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 13 2017, 03:06 AM
Post #7
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

Right now I'm just focusing on giving love to everyone. My two brothers have always been the two I give/receive love from the most and I can't see that ever changing. I'm also trying to be more loving to myself because I realized I was depending too much on others when it came to love that I wasn't even willing to give to myself. To use a cliche, I'm trying to fill my own cup first so I have enough to spread around ~

Actually I'm really fascinated with the five love languages, and learning about those reeeeeally opened my mind on how to give and receive from others, and how we're all different in that regard. I'm most "fluent" in quality time for example.

+Quote Post
Cody On Ice
post Dec 13 2017, 06:13 AM
Post #8
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

(i had to)

I think the biggest change in terms of love is finding that within myself. I've just learned to be grateful for who I am and to keep loving and taking care of myself and that has seeped into the love that I have for my family and friends. The most important thing is that you love yourself and who you are as a person.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 13 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #9
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(M. @ Dec 12 2017, 09:44 PM) *
I used to kinda just think that love was essentially this incredible butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling that you pretty much have regularly when "in love" with someone - and I have definitely experienced this, but in the past few years I've begun to see that it can really be so much more than that - if you want it to be. My original belief seems a bit naive now and when I describe it, sounds more like a crush really. Jade put it really well (what else is new lol x) about how it's to do with really caring about the other person and being in a place where their happiness is your own. And sure, butterflies too. Lots of butterflies.
yeah only Iíve found out that this sort of feeling I get isnít always ďaccurateĒ for me (I expect itís because of my depression and psych episodes and my mind kinda clings on to the nearest spark of happiness or whatevs) but I doubt this sort of thing would be good for me or anyone else in the grand scheme of things in fact it might make things worse with all the extra thoughts and responsibilities required etc.

+Quote Post
M.
post Dec 13 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Dec 13 2017, 03:06 AM) *
Actually I'm really fascinated with the five love languages, and learning about those reeeeeally opened my mind on how to give and receive from others, and how we're all different in that regard. I'm most "fluent" in quality time for example.

Thank you for posting about this, I've been meaning to bring this discussion to the table before ohmy.gif I've looked into the five love languages in the not-too-distant past (and I'm even subscribed to an e-mailing list apparently, I think I get mail from that same site you linked) and after taking a test, it said my top one is quality time too! I would say that would've been pretty obvious even without a test.

The one I value least is probably the 'acts of service' one. While I don't mind doing favours and stuff sometimes, I don't particularly give love that way and don't really need others running around doing stuff for me either haha.

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Dec 13 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #11
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Hmm, it's tricky I have been in a relationship before where I did love him at the time but do I now... to be blunt no not really. However, I have love for my family and friends and most importantly I love my pet dogs. I do hope I find a partner I will love again but in time hopefully, that will come not going to try and force that.

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 13 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #12
Terry Wongan
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I've never felt anything resembling romantic love or attraction. Don't think I will to be honest.

Much love for my family and especially my parents though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2018 - 09:11 AM