BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's your favourite Christmas moment/memory?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Steve201
post Dec 17 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #1
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

So what is it folks? Christmas is a time for nostalgia so what's your favourite memory?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 17 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

It is so hard to think of a particular Christmas memory for me as I usually enjoy it a lot every year. However, there's one childhood Christmas that we have captured on camera and watching that video always makes me smile so much! I think I am about 8 in it and my brother is 7 and it's SO pure, both of us being so happy opening our presents - that year I got a lot of Bratz and Littlest Pet Shop sets and also my very first mp3 player ;o later in the video I'm filmed singing 'Push The Button' by Sugababes while listening to said mp3 player blush.gif I guess the general excitement of Christmas as a child where everything feels overwhelming - the presents, family time, food and everything just being magical.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Dec 17 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

There’s many from when I was younger when I went to Belfast for Christmas and spent it with the entire fam, there’d be like 12 of us round one tiny table it was amazing laugh.gif but one that sticks out for me was when it was Christmas evening and everyone was sitting in the living room, with like 6 of us squeezed onto the sofa and everyone was engaged in heavy convos and Cus I was like 6 I wasn’t exactly joining in but I just vividly remember sitting there looking at the tree and their little Pomeranian was sitting underneath and they had tinsel draped over their walls and there was Doctor Who on in the background and whenever I think of Christmas I just always think of that moment for some reason, Christmas really does lose its magic as you grow up sad.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 17 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #4
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Mine was when I woke up at the usual 3/4am on xmas morning to see my presents and my mum had the cooked turkey on the kіtchen table but it had a bite taken out of it laugh.gif It was obv my dad that took it before he went to bed but my parents always said it was Santa because he got hungry when leaving our presents!!

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Dec 17 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

1996 is perhaps the "perfect" Christmas in my memory, when I was eight - a cold, snowy winter, seeing 'Santa' at Selfridges, getting a ton of CD-ROMs for Christmas (when these were the hip new thing!) and Only Fools & Horses on the TV. And of course '2 Become 1' by the Spice Girls, which always takes me back to that time!

Although the magic slowly faded as I progressed through my teens and adult years, 2010 was absolutely incredible. The snow outside the window even on Christmas Day was insane...I remember loading Spotify up, playing Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas' while looking out the window and a tear or two may have fallen from my eye, as embarrassing as that is to admit blush.gif

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 17 2017, 11:51 PM
Post #6
My shoulder holds the weight of the world
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

2006: When I attempted to put a star on the Christmas tree. It was a bit of a struggle - eventually, it was a success

I might have another that I suddenly can't remember

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 18 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #7
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(BillyH @ Dec 17 2017, 11:37 PM) *
1996 is perhaps the "perfect" Christmas in my memory, when I was eight - a cold, snowy winter, seeing 'Santa' at Selfridges, getting a ton of CD-ROMs for Christmas (when these were the hip new thing!) and Only Fools & Horses on the TV. And of course '2 Become 1' by the Spice Girls, which always takes me back to that time!

Although the magic slowly faded as I progressed through my teens and adult years, 2010 was absolutely incredible. The snow outside the window even on Christmas Day was insane...I remember loading Spotify up, playing Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas' while looking out the window and a tear or two may have fallen from my eye, as embarrassing as that is to admit blush.gif

Yeh the Only Fools classics when they became millionaires were brillant viewing and although I wasn't a fan at the time 2 Becomes 1 has grown on me since!

2010 was brillant with the snow - I went up the mountain after dinner and the dam was frozen solid which I've never witnessed before and we went ice skating!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 09:06 AM