BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Selfie-talk, do u take em?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Q.
post Dec 18 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #1
always Qs in BJSC :)
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Gotta love it when another thread reminds you of a thread idea you've had in the past but never got 'round to creating it! Cheers to dandy* for his rather amusing food photography thread which inspired the thread you're in now biggrin.gif

The question is simple but I think it's also v v v psychological biggrin.gif (my fav thing ofc). How do you feel about selfies? Do you take them? Are you camera-shy or have you grown more confident in front of the camera over the years? Do you think there's perhaps a slight vanity thing associated with general selfie culture? (I'm not suggesting anything, I think selfies can be great but I think it might be something to talk about)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Dec 18 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #2
no reason to stay is a good reason to go
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Occasionally I'll take a selfie for Instagram but that's not particularly often, I rarely feel all that happy with photos of myself. Otherwise it's just Josh on Snapchat who gets them! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 18 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 223

It takes me AGES to do a good selfie, I probably post one every 3 months or something laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 18 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 18 2017, 09:14 PM) *
Otherwise it's just Josh on Snapchat who gets them! laugh.gif

Feeling very privileged right now heehee.gif

I don't mind sending selfies of myself on Snapchat where they disappear quickly but I never take a serious selfie of myself to share on Instagram or Facebook or anything like that - nobody wants to see that face on their timeline laugh.gif I can't remember the last time I had a profile picture online that was just me on any social media :')

I like taking selfies/pictures with groups and friends and sharing those online though. It's just a nice way to keep memories of certain nights and events and I really enjoy looking back on photos of me and my friends/family enjoying ourselves heart.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 18 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Yesss I do take selfies. A couple a month for instagram because it is a nice confidence boost if I have taken a good one. I think I look ugly most of the time when other people take photos of me but I usually like the way that photos turn out when I take them myself. I guess I'm used to my better angles and whatnot. I used to have a huge issue with this, where I'd take lots of selfies in an attempt to get one decent one, hate them all and then feel rubbish for the rest of the day. But I think I have become less obsessive with selfie-taking over time as I've embraced my looks more. I don't judge anyone for how many selfies they take because I think it's a good thing if someone has the confidence to put themselves out there like that. Good on you if you've embraced self love.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Dec 18 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #6
always Qs in BJSC :)
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I think I need to rest my :eyes: from screens right now so I'll probably post about this myself another time laugh.gif

In short tho, yea I take selfies sometimes, some of them I hate, some of them turn out ok but I love arty selfies actually biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Midge
post Dec 18 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #7
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I take selfies of myself for Snapchat to chat with friends (cos why not) and once every now and then I'm like "oooh actually I quite like that one" so it ends up on my Instagram/Facebook... or if I'm somewhere cool and want a picture of myself there and haven't got someone to take the picture OR I want to be in the photo with whoever I'm with...

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 18 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I’ve taken like literally 2 or 3 in my whole lifetime lmao

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Dec 18 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I never everrr take serious selfies, like I'll take bad ones as a joke and stuff on snapchat but I just look weird in photos I hate it, I try and avoid them at all costs

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 18 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #10
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I only ever take selfies properly if I want a new profile picture and that's literally maybe only 2 or 3 times a year. I'll reply on snapchat with a selfie usually if I'm talking to someone who's sent one of themself first. Ngl there has been the odd occasion where I'll feel good about how I look and take a few but I usually end up hating them and they get deleted near instantly so never see the light of day kink.gif

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Dec 19 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

I remember taking them back in 2009, with my old digital camera where you couldn't see the picture unless you turned the camera around, and feeling like a complete idiot and people looking at me like I was nuts...it was odd when they eventually became fashionable about 3-4 years later once everyone had front-camera smartphones tongue.gif

Now I have a Facebook album called "Selfieing the World" which is a selfie of me in about 50 different countries!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 19 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

95% of selfies I ake are drunk selfies lmao, for some reason a prevalent drunk habit of mine is taking countless selfies and captioning it with the person's name lmaooo, i'll dart round pres and my snapchat will be like "Sophie <3" "Matt <3" etc etc lmaooo

VERY rarely do I take a selfie that's just me, sometimes if I'm about to go out I do. I took a banging one with my friend though the other week so I used that for my Twitter and cropped her out oops.

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsʟ @ Dec 18 2017, 11:46 PM) *
I only ever take selfies properly if I want a new profile picture and that's literally maybe only 2 or 3 times a year. I'll reply on snapchat with a selfie usually if I'm talking to someone who's sent one of themself first. Ngl there has been the odd occasion where I'll feel good about how I look and take a few but I usually end up hating them and they get deleted near instantly so never see the light of day kink.gif

Omg relatable, I take like 5 good ones once in a blue moon and then I'm like wtf is that and delete laugh.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Dec 19 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #13
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsʟ @ Dec 18 2017, 11:46 PM) *

Just this but for me it’s more like once a year. People who take selfies all the time are narcissistic morons.

+Quote Post
Theo.
post Dec 19 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #14
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

QUOTE(Nadolig Llawen! @ Dec 19 2017, 07:19 PM) *
Just this but for me it’s more like once a year. People who take selfies all the time are narcissistic morons.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Midge
post Dec 19 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #15
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

So, very few of you get drunk with your friends and take selfies with them? Really?

+Quote Post
Bré
post Dec 19 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #16
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I hated photos of me so much that I avoided even getting school photos for a few years let alone ever taking pictures of myself lmao. I still don't do it very often as I don't really feel the need to (I don't even use social media apart from Snapchat with people on here I guess lol) but I'm not so averse to it any more I guess ~

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 20 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #17
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lenny @ Dec 19 2017, 11:11 PM) *
So, very few of you get drunk with your friends and take selfies with them? Really?

Oh yea this too although its usually my friends who take the actual photos, i just automatically thought of selfies as photos i take of only myself laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Dec 20 2017, 06:05 AM
Post #18
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I take a fair few selfies. More so when I’m travelling than any other time. Being so tall, I have really long arms so it’s like a built in selfie stick (that’s a bitch to find clothes for)

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Dec 20 2017, 10:46 AM
Post #19
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

most of my camera roll is my friends and myself fake laughing at each other for “candids”

+Quote Post
Bitch
post Dec 20 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #20
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

I only ever take ugly selfies. I am more of an actionshot instagrammer cuz I cant pose for shit

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 03:39 PM