BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eminem and double standards
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Dec 19 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

Itís midnight and Iím tired af so if this sounds rambly 💁🏾

Eminem is generally regarded as a legend like my straight male friends have practically had a fit over this new album laugh.gif But when I question them on his use of misogynistic and homophobic lyrics mostly they either shrug or go Ďitís not him, itís his character yadayadaí. Eminem has received backlash for this but maintains a successful career and he uses words like fag and talks about raping women. I donít give a f*** if itís a character or youíre still in favour of gay marriage, if youíre saying those consistently in your work you are homophobic, sexist and disgusting because you think itís okay to use that as a platform. Eminem is now viewed as a legend amongst lots of liberals as well because of the Trump freestyle, like that excuses everything else :í) But what really makes me angry is that compared to how Iggy was treated. Iggyís career was destroyed despite an incredible start because of a huge backlash, mainly from old ignorant tweets. Now what was in those tweeets was wrong but NOTHING as offensive and disgusting yet she received a much bigger backlash and her career is now dead.

Are there different standards for men and women when it comes to this kinda thing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 19 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Well everyone uses some weak pathetic excuse that the word 'faggot' is used in 'Fairyale Of New York' so it doesn't surprise me that no one gives a shit.

+Quote Post
Bitch
post Dec 19 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #3
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

He is a straight white male he can do whatever he wants #MalePower

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 09:02 AM