BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exams and Results 2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Dec 24 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #1
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

We needed a new one as Bray said in the last thread!

I'm sure those of us at uni can sympathise with each other with the horror of January exams, I only have two luckily which icr the dates of exactly but one is social and one is developmental. Thankfully they're the two easiest bits of psychology imo but still there is so much to revise for. I also have a deadline the day of one of the exams which is a sociology essay but I'm thinking I'll blitz most of, if not all of, that out in between Christmas and new year so that after new year I can just focus on exams.

Of course dissertation is always entirely looming as well, I need to try and run some participants for my actual experiment in January alongside all of this at least, maybe in the latter half post-exams I'll do some writing up and reading etc. I've read articles and stuff while I've been waiting for my ethics approval but I need to get properly focused now I know what I'm doing and the direction it might take. I'm just glad I've chosen so it interests me, compared to some of my modules' topics that are just awful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bré
post Dec 24 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #2
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I've got 5 exams in January and another 5 at the end of the uni year as in my first two years, thankfully they're a little more spaced out this time (having 5 in 5 days last year basically broke me lol) aside from having 2 in one day as I mentioned in my post in the other thread. I'm feeling semi optimistic for these exams and will be doing my best to revise more and a bit more efficiently (not started yet oops and probably won't until January but shall try and revise solidly for the couple of weeks leading up to and during exam season).

Best of luck to all with exams and other stuffs going on in the new year.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 24 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Thankfully I have just the one exam and that is for Law & International Media Regulation! We have a ridiculous amount of assignments alongside this, quite a lot of practical stuff on top of essays, so I guess that makes up for just the one exam. My exam is in May and is worth 50% of the law module so quite a big deal. For law exams, I got a B in first year (2:1), then a B+ in second year (high 2:1), so I'm hoping to improve once again and push it up to a first. But we'll see, it really depends on the topics that come up. Going to start revising as soon as my dissertation is handed in and pray for the best. That is going to be my last academic exam ever as I don't plan on continuing education after third year of Uni ohmy.gif

Good luck everyone for your exams and other results this year! <3

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Dec 24 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Got three essays and one exam in january!!! Still struggling to think of a thesis for one of the essays sad.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 24 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #5
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Thankfully my uni days ended 10 years ago - didn't mind the essays but hated the tests as you just had to learn off three essays for each and try and write them all down in three hours - does that
Make you smart??

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Dec 24 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Dec 24 2017, 12:44 AM) *
We needed a new one as Bray said in the last thread!
I'm sure those of us at uni can sympathise with each other with the horror of January exams, I only have two luckily which icr the dates of exactly but one is social and one is developmental. Thankfully they're the two easiest bits of psychology imo but still there is so much to revise for. I also have a deadline the day of one of the exams which is a sociology essay but I'm thinking I'll blitz most of, if not all of, that out in between Christmas and new year so that after new year I can just focus on exams.

Of course dissertation is always entirely looming as well, I need to try and run some participants for my actual experiment in January alongside all of this at least, maybe in the latter half post-exams I'll do some writing up and reading etc. I've read articles and stuff while I've been waiting for my ethics approval but I need to get properly focused now I know what I'm doing and the direction it might take. I'm just glad I've chosen so it interests me, compared to some of my modules' topics that are just awful.

A social exam? Do you go to the pub for that?

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jan 5 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #7
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Got what should be my final exam ever tomorrow - Audit & Assurance. If I get this one I'm a fully qualified accountant, so I'm really hoping that I get this.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 5 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #8
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jan 5 2018, 08:22 PM) *
Got what should be my final exam ever tomorrow - Audit & Assurance. If I get this one I'm a fully qualified accountant, so I'm really hoping that I get this.

Good luck BB. I'm thinking about taking an exam for promotion but I dread it so much, the pass mark is 40% because of the difficulty and I always get really stressed out before exams in the past.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 5 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #9
I hope your son isn't called Bouff
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I've got a 2.5 hour Computer Science exam on Monday drama.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frĝkner
post Jan 6 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jan 5 2018, 08:22 PM) *

Good luck!! Hope it goes well!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jan 7 2018, 05:36 PM
Post #11
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck. I think the exam went well - it was 4 1/2 hours long so was very relieved to have it over me, and so was my writing hand. There were a few things that threw me - I hadn't caught on to a hidden fraud indicator, and I got the theme to the anime series "Flying Witch" stuck in my head throughout, which was quite annoying, but hopefully I've done enough to get me over the line. Will know in March for sure.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jan 7 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jan 7 2018, 05:36 PM) *
Thanks to everyone who wished me luck. I think the exam went well - it was 4 1/2 hours long so was very relieved to have it over me, and so was my writing hand. There were a few things that threw me - I hadn't caught on to a hidden fraud indicator, and I got the theme to the anime series "Flying Witch" stuck in my head throughout, which was quite annoying, but hopefully I've done enough to get me over the line. Will know in March for sure.

I can relate to this so badly, the other day I had a 2 1/2 hour english exam with Aulos by Vladimir Cauchemar stuck in my head the whole time, I never wanted to die more

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 7 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #13
I hope your son isn't called Bouff
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Jan 7 2018, 06:14 PM) *
I can relate to this so badly, the other day I had a 2 1/2 hour english exam with Aulos by Vladimir Cauchemar stuck in my head the whole time, I never wanted to die more

I really shouldn't have listened to that just then mellow.gif

Regardless, I'll probably have Charlie and the Chocolate Factory songs stuck in my head anyway cry.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 08:10 PM