BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christmas Traditions
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HarryEzra
post Dec 24 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #1
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Does your family have any traditions that you do each year?

DISCUSS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Dec 24 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #2
no reason to stay is a good reason to go
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

My sister and I always wake up at stupid o'clock and watch the Miranda Christmas episode, before we wake up our parents and open presents together. Christmas morning is always the best part of Christmas for me, so chilled and relaxed, and spirits are always high wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 24 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Aw Joseph your response made me smile, without fail me and my brother are always like "...so how early shall we get up this year?" kink.gif although it used to be at around 5 or 6am when we were children (our poor parents lmao) and tomorrow it will probably be about 8. Christmas in my household is an absolute joy each year, it always feels so magical when we all retreat downstairs in the morning! My favourite traditions are playing board games (especially trivial pursuit *.*) and watching Top of the Pops.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Dec 24 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

As Catholics we used to always go to midnight mass,but I haven't been in about 20 years. Sky News said that only 9% of the UK population attend a Christmas service these days.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 24 2017, 11:42 PM
Post #5
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I woulda thought it was more at Christmas !

I'm doing one of my traditions now watching Father Ted Christmas Special before bed!

I used to get up at 3.30am when I was younger to see what I got lol.

This post has been edited by ChristmasEve201: Dec 24 2017, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Dec 25 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #6
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

I think my main tradition as boring is television I always watch Top Of The Pops every year for the past few years.

+Quote Post
sergejdordij98
post Dec 25 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

My mother goes to a mass, then me, my family and relatives meet at a place, sing songs and giving presents.
Also we watched a lot of christmas films during christmas.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 25 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #8
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Every December I watch Home Alone 1&2, It's a Wonderful Life, National Lampoons Christmas & Santa Claus The movie!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 26 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #9
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Just seen MTV Xmas is playing its final hour of Xmas music now before changing back to MTV Classic at 6am cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

It's stupid but always sad to see this and know you won't see the Mariah or Wham video for another 11 months - they've even called the current show 'Bye bye MTV Xmas, see you next year'

+Quote Post
uoʇxǝ◖
post Dec 26 2017, 05:59 AM
Post #10
Dexton?
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

My family typically has a three course meal (Seafood starters, classic roast dinner for main, then lighter sweet snacks for dessert) which isnít too different to many families out there, but then we also play games between courses.

Every year, each individual person coming to Christmas dinner must bring two or three 2 pound (ish) wrapped presents which everyone can play to try and win. Most of the time we just play regular card games but this year we played bingo laugh.gif Iím not entirely sure how that came around but it was more fun than I expected tongue.gif

Christmas is quite a playful time of the year in my family but for some reason it took me a while to get into the spirit this year, personal troubles I suppose but this year hasnít been a great year for many people out there sad.gif Turned out a bit in the end though so I hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 06:55 AM