BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dentistry
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Steve201
post Dec 28 2017, 11:32 PM
Post #1
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I got a root canal last year on a chipped tooth and hate the dentist so it was traumatic experience to have to go through it but it wasn't too painful after all but forked out 250 quid for it and now all of a sudden it been really painful over Xmas - anyone have this experience? Do you have to pay more money to fix it up if needed agai?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Dec 29 2017, 12:29 AM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I did actually have exactly this problem but I ended up going private and it cost a lot more than that, although since then tooth has been fine!!

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Dec 29 2017, 12:30 AM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

“Ended up going private” ie the NHS wouldnt do it again despite me being in agony 😭

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 29 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #4
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not sure if I got it on the NHS but it cost me 250 quid and don't see why I have to pay and go through it again as I'm nervous enough about it. Think it should be fee at the point of use like all other health requirements!

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Dec 29 2017, 02:55 AM
Post #5
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Nah I dont really believe in it tbh, I guess I do believe in things happening for a reason but not in the sense of a "pre determined Destiny"

*edit* i may have misread the title. Always read the OP kids smh

+Quote Post
M.
post Dec 29 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

i wonder if dentists think dentistry was their destiny

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Dec 29 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #7
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've got a dental plan (Lisa needs braces) through my work which would pay for the big jobs if I were to need it, but thankfully hasn't happened yet. My teeth are in good condition, thankfully.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Dec 29 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsʟ @ Dec 29 2017, 02:55 AM) *
Nah I dont really believe in it tbh, I guess I do believe in things happening for a reason but not in the sense of a "pre determined Destiny"

I'm creasing at this, I thought u meant u don't believe in dentistry at first laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Dec 29 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #9
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

This thread has popped up right when I've been experiencing what I think is a bit of toothache on and off for a couple of days and stressing that this could potentially require a painful and pricey visit to a dentist. I'll see how it goes over the next week and hope it's just swollen gums or something that'll clear up without major intervention.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Dec 29 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #10
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

i got a back tooth removed a couple of months ago (it just broke and couldn't be repaired sad.gif ), it was super weird having it pulled out of your gum like that. wasn't painful or anything, just weird. and i was so scared the blood clot wouldn't form and i would have a dry socket but everything turned out okay. just don't suck on anything during that time or spit or rinse. boy was that hard not to do all of that smile.gif

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsʟ @ Dec 29 2017, 05:55 AM) *

yeah i don't believe in dentists either. they are just a product of imagination to scare 8 year olds into brushing their teeth twice a day. and if your tooth hurts - it hurts for a reason! it takes us closer to our ancestors. they didn't have fancy imaginary dentists back then

This post has been edited by ionderella: Dec 29 2017, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 29 2017, 08:06 PM
Post #11
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Styles Bilinski @ Dec 29 2017, 06:32 PM) *
This thread has popped up right when I've been experiencing what I think is a bit of toothache on and off for a couple of days and stressing that this could potentially require a painful and pricey visit to a dentist. I'll see how it goes over the next week and hope it's just swollen gums or something that'll clear up without major intervention.

It always happens over Xmas a toothache doesn't it!! I've been sticking the paracetamol into me every four hours to stop the pain and it makes me sleepy. When the pain comes back god its sore - even puts you off your food!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Dec 29 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #12
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

don't get addicted hun

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Dec 29 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #13
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(ChristmasEve201 @ Dec 29 2017, 08:06 PM) *
It always happens over Xmas a toothache doesn't it!! I've been sticking the paracetamol into me every four hours to stop the pain and it makes me sleepy. When the pain comes back god its sore - even puts you off your food!

It's not been too bad for me (right now I'm not experiencing it at all) to an extent where I've wanted to take medication to try and help, but I think it's the reason why I woke up at 3am a couple of nights ago and struggled to get straight back to sleep.

Hopefully it's just swollen gums if my pain is quite mild compared to yours, I think it's a possibility having had a feel around or maybe I'm in denial.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 29 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #14
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ionderella @ Dec 29 2017, 08:16 PM) *
don't get addicted hun

Il try not!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 10:38 AM