BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HOPES FOR 2018, this isn't a resolution thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lotita.
post Jan 2 2018, 10:32 AM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

what do you want to get out of this year??? this is deliberately NOT a resolution thread as there's a clear difference between resolution nd hopes

this is going to be a big year for me which at the moment i'm really optimistic about. i'm turning 21 (still 12 at heart), moving to germany and it's the first time all my uni results actually count towards my degree, yay. i'm hoping i can land a job for germany which i'm really passionate about and finish my second year with a 2:1!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Jan 2 2018, 10:37 AM
Post #2
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Ooh you moving to Deutschland? Where to specifically?

My main hope is to get married this year and finally permanently move to Europe. Adult life unexpectedly sneaked up on me.

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jan 2 2018, 10:40 AM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Currently have no idea because I’m still trying to get an internship sad.gif the one I’m in the process for atm is based in Mannheim but they’re not doing next round of interviews until March so I’ll probably end up applying to a few more!! If I don’t get something by May I get enrolled in a German uni for a year so whatever happens I’ll be in Deutschland somewhere :’)

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 2 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I’m turning 30 this year which is pretty big. I hope to find someone, to see my students do well in their exams again and to become a permanent Head of Year (which will be Year 11 come September!)

I also hope Dido releases new music.

+Quote Post
The Snake 🐍
post Jan 2 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #5
Don't mess it up, talking that hiss
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

My hope is that Buzzjack and the Buzzjack lounge in particular becomes more positive. Unlikely though.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 2 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #6
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Diplomat @ Jan 2 2018, 08:04 PM) *
My hope is that Buzzjack and the Buzzjack lounge in particular becomes more positive. Unlikely though.

That's the spirit! Thanks for your positivity there. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 2 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #7
always Qs in BJSC :)
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

To be happier. 2017 was emotionally chaotic, despite so many good things happening. And to make at least one new friend. Both of these things are up to myself but it can be hard.

(On a side note, I turn 27 this year which is ridiculous. I'm a bit of a late bloomer in some ways and I'm still in the process of "blooming" so to have this number essentially forced upon me is... ridiculous)

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 2 2018, 07:27 PM) *
I also hope Dido releases new music.

Won't happen. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 2 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #8
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

Dido confirmed a new album.

I'm hoping to not go blind, and to see P!nk in concert.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 2 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Jan 2 2018, 09:06 PM) *
Dido confirmed a new album.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Shall be listening whenever it comes out wub.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 2 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #10
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

Well, she confirmed recording music and releasing it independently, dunno when it'll surface.

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Jan 2 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #11
ya ya ya i am lorde

googling 'dido new album' is a bit awkward:

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 2 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #12
   No Gallery Pics

I had the exact same experience lmao

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 2 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #13
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I hope to get a promotion at work in the summer and I'm angling for a secondment to Germany - probably Düsseldorf or Berlin based on where the German equivalent to my team is based.

@Lotti - passed through Mannheim on my way to Heidelberg at the end of last year. If you do end up there hop an S-Bahn to Heidelberg! It's surprisingly pretty and omg the Schnitzel is amazing. Some fab places to eat

+Quote Post
Bré
post Jan 2 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #14
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Hoping to actually achieve something in the latter half of the year after finishing uni. At this moment I still have very little idea what I'll be doing then as I'm still just focusing on not failing the uni part. I'll have plenty of time to sort my life out after that lol ~

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 3 2018, 08:22 AM
Post #15
oh, the less i know the better
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

my apprenticeship finishes in August so i'm not sure if i'll stay on at the company i currently work for or look for a better job. ideally i'm going to look for a job based in the central Birmingham, but we'll see - hopefully whatever job i get, my wage goes up a bit 'cause i'm getting shitall rn

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 3 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Jan 2 2018, 09:53 PM) *
I hope to get a promotion at work in the summer and I'm angling for a secondment to Germany - probably Düsseldorf or Berlin based on where the German equivalent to my team is based.

@Lotti - passed through Mannheim on my way to Heidelberg at the end of last year. If you do end up there hop an S-Bahn to Heidelberg! It's surprisingly pretty and omg the Schnitzel is amazing. Some fab places to eat

Heidelberg is gorgeous. I went there in 2016 to visit a printing company...also called Heidelberg laugh.gif

I'll be going to Berlin for a week in May for the first time ever which I'm excited about. For work again but hoping to see some of it.

Seen so many random German towns since starting in this job, the entire European printing industry is apparently based in Deutschland. Highly recommend Trudering, near Munich and Geldern, up on the Dutch border an hour from Dusseldorf, which has a great street art festival.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 3 2018, 11:39 AM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 3 2018, 10:34 AM) *
Heidelberg is gorgeous. I went there in 2016 to visit a printing company...also called Heidelberg laugh.gif

I'll be going to Berlin for a week in May for the first time ever which I'm excited about. For work again but hoping to see some of it.

Seen so many random German towns since starting in this job, the entire European printing industry is apparently based in Deutschland. Highly recommend Trudering, near Munich and Geldern, up on the Dutch border an hour from Dusseldorf, which has a great street art festival.

I was there to do some training at the global HQ of a software company. It was a really enjoyable week!

Berlin is lovely! I’m off next month for work and am extending my trip slightly to stay and have some fun. I’ve been hankering after going back to Berlin since my first visit in Dec 2014!

Geldern is not far from where I was born. Still on the border but between Mönchengladbach and Roermond. Huge amount of former British military bases in that part of NRW

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Jan 3 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #18
ya ya ya i am lorde

people say Berlin is ugly but it's really not. Both times (during the summer and a couple of weeks ago) I was there I noticed it has such a unique atmosphere and urban charm.

+Quote Post
Bitch
post Jan 3 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #19
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(lotita. @ Jan 2 2018, 11:40 AM) *
Currently have no idea because I’m still trying to get an internship sad.gif the one I’m in the process for atm is based in Mannheim but they’re not doing next round of interviews until March so I’ll probably end up applying to a few more!! If I don’t get something by May I get enrolled in a German uni for a year so whatever happens I’ll be in Deutschland somewhere :’)

That's only 5 hours away from me cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
travis
post Jan 3 2018, 12:48 PM
Post #20
bombay black galactic jack
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

I don't have many hopes for the year honestly. My main hopes are really just that I find a new (better paying) job, keep my finances in order, and stay healthy.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 11:13 PM