BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2018... Who Are You?, Part 3 | Sponsored by Michelle's Winter Wonderland
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post Jan 3 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #1
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

(y'all looking at me doing another one of these awks)

Hello!! Since my last 2 of these have been pretty popular on the site I thought why not do a '2018 quiz about you'. You can share in as much depth as you want about what you are doing/going to do this year with another selection of questions to answer. Enjoy!

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up?
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)?
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)?
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018?
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)?
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using?
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year?

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018?
What will be the highlight of this year?
What will be a low point?
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year?
What is going to be your biggest challenge?
How will this year change you?
Are you going to set yourself a specific target?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jan 3 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

yaaas i love these quizzes!! lemme finish off awards then i'll answer x

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Jan 3 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #3
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up?: GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE.
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)?:
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)?: Hospital dramas (but not like soaps, I meant like Chicago Med and The Good Doctor)
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018?: people who justify cyberbullying after a celebrity comes out as problematic
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)?: I don’t even know, let’s just see where this year takes me
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using?: dafuq do I know
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year?: I just wear deodorant. That’s all.

I’ll do the second half later

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jan 3 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? definitely seeing gaga at the end of this month if that counts!! in terms of big life event moving to deutschland x
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? i pretty much just have the this is: rihanna/britney playlists on shuffle for study motivation
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? the office.... but after i'm done i'm finally going to watch friends
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? lack of body confidence
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? continuing from my last answer... confidence!! i'm gonna truly wear what i want
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? wake up, apply steroids (serious answer lmaoo, it's helping my face out so much), moisturise then apply eyeliner and lipstick
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? vanillary by lush is my new signature scent

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? this will be the month I leave my current job, I think my job role is about to be altered to be more related to charity work (I'm wary to speak about it in length on here until I actually start!!) but hopefully I will have helped achieve some positive things by t,hen!!
What will be the highlight of this year? my 21st (or being reunited with my BJ favs <3, a few meetups in the pipeworks already so it's set to be a good year!!)
What will be a low point? probably the first month living abroad, i'll come back to this in the challenge question!
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? I really hope I can because I'm randomly in the highest point of my life at the moment
What is going to be your biggest challenge? I think the first month in Germany will be really daunting. I'm sure come closer to the time it will seem clearer but at the moment all I literally know is one way or another I'm moving there lmao, currently not having solid plans is stressing me out mellow.gif I think the language barrier could be really stressful at first especially as in a work environment I'm always so eager to prove myself. I usually adjust to things really quickly which will either work in my favour or will stress me out if I take longer to adapt. Will continue in next question.... x
How will this year change you? Despite all of the above I'm actually SO excited for the opportunity as I really think it'll test and consolidate my resilience. This last year I've really let myself realise I'm actually quite hardworking, i've also always been aware i'm fiercely independent (although maybe this year i'll finally let someone else in x) but I think all of these characteristics will finally all properly click and maybe I'll finally feel ADULT.
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? i've got little things, I want to finish crocheting my blanket and stick at leapsecond but i'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself overall!! actually uni wise I'm aiming for a 2:1 so there is that xx

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 3 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? Going to see Kendrick Lamar and James Blake live with Bray next month in Birmingham!
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton - 'Can't Hold Us' right now, as part of a #ThrowbackThursday playlist, although I've just realised it's still Wednesday lmao #rebel
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? My parents have one of those 'In Therapy' programmes on, with Marnie from Geordie Shore this time it seems
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? Getting out of breath if I so much as walk, time to get fit~
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? The same as ever - mostly black or glittery clothes *.* nu year same me xo
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? I usually just wash my face with Liz Earle products, then if I'm going out I'll put on BB Cream, then use my eyebrow pencil, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? Nothing right now, perhaps I should find a signature scent this year x

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? My graduation is in July, in the run up to that I want to feel proud of both my practical project and dissertation.
What will be the highlight of this year? My 21st birthday hopefully! Bring on a day of Beatlemania *.*
What will be a low point? How stressed I think I'm going to be between the months of January and May working my way through everything
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? I hope so! Despite what I've just said about stress, I'm going into 2018 feeling positive and I hope that I can make it through all the stress by staying optimistic, thinking of the end goal and not burning myself out.
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Going back into employment for the first time since I was 17 definitelyyy, shall be challenging to figure out exactly what I want to do in that regard as I'm still not sure what my first stepping stone after Uni will be
How will this year change you? Perhaps I'll finally have a decent sleeping pattern for the first time in a good few years after finishing University kink.gif
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? Yesssss, I want a first class degree and will try my absolute hardest to achieve it

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 3 2018, 11:15 PM
Post #6
oh, the less i know the better
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:
> bday on 14th jan woo
> just got into a random triple-J band earlier and i'm loving TR/ST, Lil Peep & Tyler, The Creator rn. also want to get into The Amazons and Tame Impala more.
> 'Dark', a great netflix show set in germany
> ice cream.
> i kinda have my own style buttt i like the kind of artsy, vintage look rn. getting a lot of stuff from vintage stores these days
> just moisturise my face to make myself look FIT AS f***
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year?
> just a generic jack wills one lol

During 2018:
> to have caught up w the album multichart (i'm not joking)
> READING FESTIVAL
> most days
> unfortunately, yes
> staying alive
> it won't
> stay strong and stay alive

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Jan 3 2018, 11:38 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,265
   No Gallery Pics

If anybody has the goal if getting fit this year, we have a fitness thread in the Sports forum that could do with some love and attention! We're all supportive too.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 4 2018, 10:21 AM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? I guess it’s my grandads birthday on the 13th. He’ll be 86.
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? For some reason I’ve gone into Dido and Duffy recently. Probably wishful thinking for new material. And Pink of course.
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? Eastenders obvs. And Friends just appeared on netflix.
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? A prick I thought I knew who’s now languishing in prison.
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? Same old as normal. Dressing like a fat person about 10 years older than I am.
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? Not really except grooming my beard.
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? Not yet decided.

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? All my exam groups confident they’ve done well.
What will be the highlight of this year? Possibly going abroad for the first time to Spain but definitely seeing Stereophonics.
What will be a low point? Exam season sad.gif
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? I usually do and I hope so.
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Teaching bottom set Year 11.
How will this year change yourself? I hope I learn to take a little time for myself
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? No, go with the flow.

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 4 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #9
My shoulder holds the weight of the world
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? Either my A-Levels or Record Store Day
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? Thundercat
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? Miranda (It is, what I call, a hilarious show)
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? I haven't thought about that yet
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? Modern indie?
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? No
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? I don't have a scent

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? Good qualifications, watch a lot of movies, watch more shows, binge binge binge
What will be the highlight of this year? Getting out of school and do some post-Y13 choices, or a gap year.
What will be a low point? A musician death I wasn't expecting
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? Yep
What is going to be your biggest challenge? A Levels
How will this year change you? I dunno!
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? Not yet, but I might give up fizzy drinks for Lent
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 4 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? January exams *shudder* and Lady Gaga in Birmingham as a much more psitive thing.
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? Mostly still on my EOY playlists as not a lot has emerged this year yet but Keala Settle - This Is Me is a definite highlight of the moment wub.gif
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? CBB *.*
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? Hopefully procrastination laugh.gif
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? f*** knows I just wear whatever basic shit
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? none tbh
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? I just have a Paul Smith one from Fragrance Shop I got when it was Black Friday

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? Idk if i'll know my grades by then but pushing for a first i my degree, I guess I can solidly say I'm gonna achieve the knowledge I did my best until I know if it paid off!
What will be the highlight of this year? If I do do that well at uni that will definitely be up there! Seeing Gaga and Dua Lipa too hopefully some other faves will announce tours or sth, mabe a BJ meet up or two and my friends at home are starting to talk about Amsterdam in summer.
What will be a low point? Probably all the stress before I graduate, pretty much starting now with maybe Feb and March being a bit of a breather and then it getting even worse laugh.gif
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? I hope not, the latter part of last year was one of my worst times mentally so I'm trying to make sure this year is better and I keep on top of things.
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Not having amental breakdown between now and exams for now x Also fefinitely it's gonna be graduating, getting a job and setting myself up in life.
How will this year change you? By September I'll be a graduate, hopefully working
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? To get a high 2:1 and preferably a first at uni

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jan 4 2018, 07:48 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? Probably GCSEs I think, but I'm seeing Imagine Dragons in feb so that's hype
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? I've become obsessed with this guy called Lane 8 and he makes these amazing electronic vibey tunes that are perfect for revsising wub.gif
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? Friends now that it's finallyyyyy on Netflix
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? Eating shit food all the time
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? The usual. Buying 90% of my clothes from H&M
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? not really just doing whatever I can to stop my acne going mad but nothing works lmao
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? Some Giorgio Armani one my dad got me for christmas, it's soo nice tbf

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? Just to have revised and put in the work to do decent in my GCSEs
What will be the highlight of this year? hopefully getting good results or starting college (this seems less likely ngl)
What will be a low point? Leaving school and all m friends is something I'm definitely not looking forward too :/
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? Nah hopefully I can get my work head on and actually start putting in the effort for revision and stuff
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Starting college and making new friends and stuff
How will this year change you? Hopefully I can start becoming a bit more of a social and outgoing person but idk, or maybe just getting my head down with work properly
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? Not really, outside of target grades for exams and stuff

This post has been edited by BridgeCow: Jan 4 2018, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Jan 4 2018, 07:50 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:

School starting back up next week. Nothing else on the horizon so far.

I went on a massive magical music discovery tour recently, so I have everything from Bluegrass to Death Metal to Folk to whatever The Dear Hunter is (Progressive Indie Showtune Rock?). Today and yesterday I've been giving some love to albums I haven't listened to in a couple of weeks/months.

Not currently watching any TV series. I'm so ridiculously behind on everything I was watching (Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, iZombie, Agents of Shield, and Once Upon a Time). Might pick up The Punisher and Luke Cage if I have the time.

I haven't really thought about it. Closest thing so far is a recent purge I did of my Instagram followings I guess, I unfollowed almost 150 people. Maybe my current miserable job, does that count?

Comfortable I guess? I'm not really changing my "fashion" (if you can call it that) or going for a specific style.

I've been in the habit of shaving more regularly because of my current job so I'll probably keep that up.

Don't really wear either.

During 2018:

I'd like to actually crank out an album/EP this year (maybe not necessarily by July 2018). It's been a while since I actually produced anything (aside from some classical pieces last year). Improving my French and Russian to at least a semi-comfortable level would be great too. I'd also like to pick up graphic design a bit more so I can design album artwork/posters/merch my self. I've been looking into selling t-shirts on Amazon as a supplementary revenue source as well. I'd like to get back into practicing piano (it'll be weird without consistent lessons), and have a list of pieces I want to learn for my auditions and have at least one memorized and be somewhat comfortable with it. It'll be a Bach Prelude/Fugue, a Beethoven sonata (probably the Tempest (my favorite) or one of the less-played ones that will stand out more), and a difficult romantic piece (I have a Rachmaninoff piece I've started on and it's brutally hard). Outside of that, maybe finding a new job that I'll actually enjoy.

Too soon to tell!

Again, too soon to tell!

Probably.

Probably making new friends here. This is only my second semester here, so I'm still trying to find my footing so to speak. I didn't really bring over that many friends from my old school, so I'll have to make all new ones. It's also not going to be like being a music major at my old school, where I saw the same people fairly consistently over 2 years.

Hopefully it'll make me more skilled as a craftsman, more social and out going, and stronger in my language abilities.

Start saving up money for music things or a trip abroad to France or Russia. Also, taking on more responsibility eventually to the level I had early last year. Working two/three jobs (and having an increased position of "prominence" I guess in one), extra-curricular activities (with some leadership roles), and a huge class load is something I miss. It honestly made me realize how much I actually like pushing myself and how enjoyable it is to take on more work.

Musically, I want to pick back up where I left off with the beginning portion of singing and ear training. I'd also like to get back into practicing piano so I can prep for auditions. Having a year/year-and-a-half to prep will be a lot better than the cramming I had to do for my last one. I'd also like to get more confident with orchestration (I already feel somewhat more confident writing for strings and the cello especially, as well as the trumpet, but there's a lot more to learn) and music production/electronic styles.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Jan 4 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #13
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Jan 4 2018, 07:48 PM) *
Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? Probably GCSEs I think, but I'm seeing Imagine Dragons in feb so that's hype

Ooh we finally have a BuzzJack member younger than Math, I don't think I realised this before!! (born in 2002 gah)

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 5 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #14
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? Mock exams starting on Monday
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? Jax Jones, Galantis, Redlight & Gromee
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? Catchin up on the final series of Dave Gorman cry.gif
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? Turning down every opportunity that comes my way
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? Whatever's cheapest
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? Nope tongue.gif
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? Sure deodorant and that's it

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? Completed my A Levels to what will be a satisfactory level
What will be the highlight of this year? Going to Uni
What will be a low point? Also going to Uni, I'm not sure how I'll come without my family thinking about how homesick I felt last summer when I only spent 11 days away sad.gif
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? No, I'll change since I won't be relying on my family as much since I'm going to Uni
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Going to Uni
How will this year change you? I'll go to Uni
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? Push myself out of my comfort zone a lot more and try and be more independent

That last bit was a bit repetitive sorry kink.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 5 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? My boyfriend's birthday, then a weekend in Birmingham, then after that my nan's birthday. Nothing are that 'big' but still ~
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? My current playlist consists of Cardi B, Jax Jones & Camila Cabello mostly
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? Celebrity Big Brother, The Good Place, Will & Grace, Any reality TV really.
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? My job, hopefully! I'm also really trying to go to the gym, eat clean and watch my money.
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? My current style.
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? Getting up and having a shower is a routine?
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? Shawn Mendes' fragrance is f***ing amazing.

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? A new job, better body and more money
What will be the highlight of this year? Holiday with all my friends in Majorca!
What will be a low point? My boyfriend and best friend leaving me for a year sad.gif Both going abroad for a year. It'll be hard to cope I think.
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? I hope so!
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Not procrastinating and falling into old habits.
How will this year change you? Hopefully I'll be better off!
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? Yes, I'm going to try. This first week has been a bit of a mess and too busy to focus however.

This post has been edited by Jack: Jan 5 2018, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jan 5 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #16
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Going into 2018:
What is the next 'big' event coming up? Scotland road trip wub.gif
What are you currently listening to going into the new year (music wise)? Outlander and Disney's Brave soundtrack, to get me in the mood for Scotland laugh.gif
What are you currently watching going into the new year (TV wise)? The Grand Tour
What is that one big NO that you're leaving in 2018? Wasting my time on bullshitters and worrying about things that are out of my control
What style are you going for this year (in regards to your fashion)? pjs tongue.gif Obviously I'm not one of those people who goes out in my pjs, but if I'm at home then I'm going to choose comfort over fashion! #oldlady
Do you have a beauty routine that you're using? I'm going to try take better care of my skin this year
What scent are you wearing/think will be your 'go to' perfume/cologne this year? I don't really wear perfume!

During 2018:
Tell me about what you want to achieve by July 2018? I want to have my Esty shop up and running
What will be the highlight of this year? Two trips to Scotland, one in a few weeks and one at Halloween
What will be a low point? The first weeks of the year are turning out to be pretty shitty tbh
Do you think you will remain in the same mindset for the duration of the year? I hope my mind will feel stronger and care less what other people think of me, and try to put myself first for a change, to do what makes me happy
What is going to be your biggest challenge? Getting out of bed everyday, finding the energy to put into my crafts and a full time job as well.
How will this year change you? Hopefully if my Etsy shop takes off, I'll have extra income, which will go towards my savings
Are you going to set yourself a specific target? Etsy Etsy Etsy laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2018 - 05:36 AM