BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monthly Lounge Recognition: December 2017, final recognition thread for 2017!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jan 5 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hello everyone hi.gif we would like to recognise the following in The Lounge for the month of December:
  • Best poster(s) for December 2017: Addy and Jack
Usually this accolade is saved for one member who went above and beyond in the Lounge, but it turns out that we just could not whittle it down to one this time. We think both Addy and Jack deserve this award for December so congratulations to the both of you! Addy contributed threads from Gratitude Thread following Christmas-time to even bravely sharing a traumatic event from his past with the forum in his #metoo thread, both were admirable contributions. Jack also made his mark this month, particularly with an interesting debate thread entitled Is British TV Racist? and others including Online Shopping vs. In Store Shopping. We have definitely felt an increased presence from him and we were impressed with the engagement for his threads. A great pair to end 2017 with!
  • Best threads for December 2017:
01) Reflections on 2017 by Mattias

Our first topic nod this time goes to Mattias. The new year being around the corner was of course going to attract a number of threads looking back or ahead to the new year, and we felt that this thread, asking posters to reflect on the highs and lows of 2017, attracted the best discussion of the lot. Mattias opened the thread with "Most of you will probably write at length here..." and that is indeed what happened for a number of you. We were pleased to see an array of posters writing quite a bit about what the journey of the past 12 months had been like for them. A very personal and inclusive topic that resulted in a lot of interesting experiences to read.

02) Songs to play into the new year by Dan

Our second nod for this month also embraced the spirit of hogmanay but in a different way. Dan capitalised on a meme doing the rounds which invited people to come up with the exact timing of a part of a clip that you wanted to see the new year in with. Bringing it to Buzzjack was a great move and we got a range of timings to 'start off your new year right', from the Inbetweeners describing the previous year as "f***ing dreadful" to "It's Britney Bitch". It was fabulous to see you guys getting creative and humorous with this thread and thought it deserved a mention for both of those reasons.

03) Ideal meal by Liam

This month Liam posed the question "what would be your ideal three course meal?" based on the finalists of I'm A Celebrity getting treated to such an honour, after suffering weeks of rice, beans and sheep's anus (or the whatever the latest undesirable concoction on the show is). ANYWAY, we found this idea to be so simple but effective! It's a difficult question when there are so many food products out there, but super accessible at the same time of course and really got us thinking. It was lighthearted and interesting to find out what people's choices were.

Congrats to all of our December winners!

- The Lounge Mod team x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 5 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #2
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Omg yas *.* thanks guys <3

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 5 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 223

Awww thanks, I really have tried to post more as well! Mostly out of boredom over Christmas but still ~

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Jan 5 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Well done to all who won this month.

Can't believe I missed that Liam thread, must think about what my ideal 3 course meal would be and post on it.

This post has been edited by Haḍji: Jan 5 2018, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 5 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats to all, it has been quite the month!

+Quote Post
CodyOfTheWoods
post Jan 5 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #6
it’s possible
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Oh my god I LOVED that meme.

Congrats everyone!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 5 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #7
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Thanks everyone for making it almost impossible to pick this month!! Been a great month

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 6 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Aw thank you for that little nod to the reflection thread, it was bound to be created by someone at the end of the year tongue.gif Thanks for all the contributions in there as well! That's sweet. Congrats to all other winners too, I'm still trying to decide the ideal meal for myself thinking.gif

Could I also just give a thanks to the Lounge mods themselves as well for their contributions to the Lounge every month in terms of threads. Silas' 'Your dominant personality trait' had major potential, for example! Lotti's 'HOPES FOR 2018' and 'IF YOU WERE A NATION STATE' also deserve shout-outs imo, and I personally enjoyed the concept of 'What html colour are you?' by Lindsey, and there are so many more across the board! happy.gif x

edit: lol I forgot Lotti isn't specifically a Lounge mod anymore

This post has been edited by M.: Jan 6 2018, 01:06 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 08:06 PM