BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BREAKFAST, the most important thread of the day
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Jan 6 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

...they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I'm not just being egocentric about my threads tongue.gif

What do you think? Do you think it's the most important meal of the day (hardly tbh) or are you one of the many who can't really stomach food in the morning and often skip it? What do you commonly have for breakfast?

I always have breakfast. For a while I just grabbed a banana because it was 'easy' to eat in the morning but lately I want something more filling to start me off for the day. Currently I'm making sausages which should do just that. I did also have a banana too though lmao. I only really have what they call a 'full [enter country] breakfast' when in a hotel or a B&B or something (which doesn't happen very often). Sometimes if I've not much else to choose from, I'll just have bread with something, or eggs. So it varies. Coffee is also a must for me in the morning.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Midge
post Jan 6 2018, 12:49 PM
Post #2
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I try to have breakfast every morning, I do find I feel better throughout the day if I do... tend to have Weetabix or Nestle Clusters (I dunno what they're called actually) or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. If I'm being cheeky I might have eggs on toast and may even more ohmy.gif

I hope you're all much more enlightened to know this. In a fantasy world I'd love to have pancakes or waffles every day.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 6 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I think, in our culture, we really undervalue breakfast. I would love to start the day with a proper meal, but having to get up early to get to work, I don’t have time during the week. I usually have a banana or something that won’t take long to eat but it’s never that satisfying. I love a Premier Inn breakfast with the all you can eat buffet and would eat like that everyday if I could. It purposefully gets me up early even when I’m holiday.

I’m also a big fan of Brinner-breakfast for dinner. I actually do that sometimes.

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Jan 6 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,265

I always try and have breakfast - either porridge with almond milk, banana, cinnamon and chia seeds or eggs on toast with some spinach. Depends what time I'm up though.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jan 6 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Very rarely eat breakfast simply because I don't tend to feel hungry until later morning to early afternoon. Feel like it would be eating for eating's sake! If I do, it's normally just a crumpet or bowl of cereal but I do love a good fry-up at any time of the day.

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jan 6 2018, 02:09 PM
Post #6
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

I usually have 2 slices of toast and a soft boiled egg and dip my toast in it biggrin.gif, alternate days I have a bowl of Special K with raisins in them, and sometimes I have a combination of mixed fruit (sliced banana, tangerine and strawberries) served with a bit of yoghurt.

I stay away from a fry up in the mornings, can be too greasy to eat first thing in the morning.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 6 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I am terrible at regularly having breakfast. I don't have enough time in the morning when getting up for University (well, I suppose I could make time, but getting up earlier than 6:30am is not an idea I am particularly enthusiastic about) and my sleeping pattern fluctuates a lot, so often I am up a bit too late for breakfast and just skip straight to lunch. I do enjoy breakfast when I have it though! My top choice is an omelette wub.gif I also love having toast or bagels. Dobbo has reminded me that I used to make crumpets all the time as well and now I'm really craving one laugh.gif I am not much of a cereal person (especially not with milk xo) but I do quite like Frosties so I'll have them occasionally as a quick breakfast. When going out it's usually a McDonalds breakfast, or a sausage sandwich while the rest of my family indulge in a full English, as I only like a few of the components. So yeah I should probably eat three meals a day more than I actually do oops. Shall at least try and change this on weekends.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jan 6 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

I try with cereal, toast etc, but my body is like 'ew no' at that time of the morning. However, give me McDonalds and a proper full English and I'll eat it at 5am laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 6 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

It's bad but in the week, I never have time to eat it as it slows down my morning routine (and frankly who could possibly eat anything circa 7am?), which I know is bad but I usually have a tea or flapjack or piece of fruit around my breaktime at 10:30-11:00 which wakes me up (and even then lunch is just around the corner so it's usually fine).

When I don't have to be up, I'm just about getting up early enough these days to call it breakfast, my choice is scrambled eggs or beans on toast, it usually fills me up right through the day so I feel a bit better. Crumpets are divine as well *.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 6 2018, 03:10 PM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yea I can't really stomach breakfast in the morning most of the time, ofc there is the odd time where i do want something but it would be like a roll and sausage with potato scone at most. I think it is important to have breakfast in the sense it sets you up for the day, shame I just never do it kink.gif there's also the likely possibility if I'm off work or uni that I sleep until lunch time anyway so there's that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 6 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #11
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I always start the day with a bowl of porridge - we used to have a freshly cooked vat of it at the work canteen with your choice of toppings (bananas, sultanas, cinnamon etc.) but that seems to have gone so I cook it at home before I go to work, or if I've just come off of a night shift when I get home. tongue.gif Can't miss my porridge as it fills me up until lunchtime and stops me snacking.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jan 6 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #12
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

cereal (müsli in particular) with juice + banana is my preferred breakfast. everyone thinks i'm weird for eating cereal with juice but it's lovely really

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jan 6 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I can barely ever stomach food in the mornings, usually I'll take a banana with me or something but that's about it
On the weekends I usually have cereal or sometimes we cook up at full english which is nice

+Quote Post
Bré
post Jan 6 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #14
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

The number of people mentioning bananas in this thread is honestly making me feel a bit sick

(I never get up early enough to have breakfast oops)

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 6 2018, 05:41 PM
Post #15
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ionderella @ Jan 6 2018, 03:25 PM) *
cereal (müsli in particular) with juice + banana is my preferred breakfast. everyone thinks i'm weird for eating cereal with juice but it's lovely really

Juice as opposed to milk? Or juice on the side?

If it is the former I can definitely say that I have never heard of anyone doing that before!

+Quote Post
Bré
post Jan 6 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #16
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I think eating cereal with orange juice is a popular thing in Germany? I remember learning it in German GCSE and thinking that was a bizarrely specific thing to be taught as an example sentence. (back me up Lotti / Phil unless I did just have a really weird textbook)

I don't think it sounds any worse than eating cereal with milk tbh

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 6 2018, 05:47 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've definitely mused about trying it, I think maybe I did try it once years ago tongue.gif (if I did, I don't remember liking it)

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 6 2018, 05:47 PM
Post #18
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm quite intrigued by it, I can sort of imagine it could be great.

Do you try different juices Pav or is always orange/another?

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 6 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #19
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I’ve not come across anyone eating cereal with juice whenever I’ve been in Germany.

My aim for this year is to have breakfast more frequently this year. I have cereal usually. My typical mix is a shredded wheat with some random cereal (mix of coco pops, rice crispiest currently. Sometimes Cheerios too. Depends what is on offer when I need to get a new box!) and then topped off with Frosties.

I love Frosties so much. Has to be the main brand tho, none of this own brand shite. They’re just so poor compared to Kellogg’s

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jan 6 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #20
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jan 6 2018, 08:41 PM) *
Juice as opposed to milk? Or juice on the side?

If it is the former I can definitely say that I have never heard of anyone doing that before!

Yeah mixing muesli with juice.

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jan 6 2018, 08:47 PM) *
I'm quite intrigued by it, I can sort of imagine it could be great.

Do you try different juices Pav or is always orange/another?

It's pretty much whatever juice I have. Anything works for me really except heavy and thick juices like peach for example. I also add a banana or on rare occasions some pineapple.

Ooh germans are good for SOMETHING at least (if they do eat cereal with juice)

This post has been edited by ionderella: Jan 6 2018, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 08:04 PM