BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Hates, yours, not your dogs
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Midge
post Jan 6 2018, 03:19 PM
Post #1
I just think I'm neat
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

What are your pet hates?

I'll start: HOLES IN MY SOCKS. Particularly where my toes are supposed to be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 6 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Kids / babies who scream and wail on public transport for pretty much the entirety of the journey. It goes right through me and has single-handedly put me off being even the slightest bit broody drama.gif

People who feel the need to take up the whole pavement but are walking so slow that it takes an eternity to surpass them

People who are CONSTANTLY late when we have made plans, I make a really big deal of turning up on time or early to everything so it gets annoying when you feel like you're waiting around a lot for others. I mean sometimes it's okay, setbacks happen, but I cannae deal with it being a regular thing

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 6 2018, 03:46 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

holes in my GLOVES sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 6 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Holes in my tights. I am more of a skirt person than trousers (not ideal in winter oops) and this happens way too much for my liking.

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Jan 6 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

You are obviously after a Lounge recognition award this month Lenny. ohmy.gif

Certain signs are often my pet hate

For me signs that say 'We thank you for only eating (name of cafe) food in here' which I found in one national UK cafe chain which I won't name. For me it should say 'Please only eat (name of cafe) food in here'.

Another one I see about the place 'Smile, you are on CCTV' which is so sarcastic and patronising I think. It should say 'Please be aware CCTV is used here' imo.

This post has been edited by The Snake : Jan 6 2018, 03:54 PM

+Quote Post
cqmerqnita
post Jan 6 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #6
lotita 4ever
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Snake @ Jan 6 2018, 03:53 PM) *
You are obviously after a Lounge recognition award this month Lenny. ohmy.gif

Certain signs are often my pet hate

For me signs that say 'We thank you for only eating (name of cafe) food in here' which I found in one national UK cafe chain which I won't name. For me it should say 'Please only eat (name of cafe) food in here'.

Another one I see about the place 'Smile, you are on CCTV' which is so sarcastic and patronising I think. It should say 'Please be aware CCTV is used here' imo.

Ffs drama.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 6 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I’d prefer to think that Lenny is fully integrating himself into the Lounge by posting interesting topics because he’s comfortae posting here and enthusiastic rather than being after some reward/recognition.

Mine is OTT loud laughter. Teenagers are awful for it these days, faking a loud laugh so that people can notice they’re having a good time.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 6 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #8
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Omg people being late for me too, I'm not perfectly punctual so don't mind 5-10 mins but for pres if we're going somewhere else one of my friends lives like on the road coming off of the end of ours so we just wait for her and go together, but she'll regularly be like an hour late... Often we just go anyway and she can come later. It's not as bad as a situation of meeting someone somewhere but it drives me mad, if you just can't decide what to wear or whatever just say oh I might be another hour, we all know how long she'll take so if she says she'll be here at 8 we just assume it'l be much closer to 9 laugh.gif It just takes a piss a bit assuming everyone can wait for you to bother.

I had to do my shopping in Aldi earlier after getting back to uni last night also and I remembered how much I cannot stand people who dawdle and dither in a aisle, and they usually do it in aisles that are being replenished to be extra awkward.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 6 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #9
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 6 2018, 04:36 PM) *
Omg people being late for me too, I'm not perfectly punctual so don't mind 5-10 mins but for pres if we're going somewhere else one of my friends lives like on the road coming off of the end of ours so we just wait for her and go together, but she'll regularly be like an hour late... Often we just go anyway and she can come later. It's not as bad as a situation of meeting someone somewhere but it drives me mad, if you just can't decide what to wear or whatever just say oh I might be another hour, we all know how long she'll take so if she says she'll be here at 8 we just assume it'l be much closer to 9 laugh.gif It just takes a piss a bit assuming everyone can wait for you to bother.

I had to do my shopping in Aldi earlier after getting back to uni last night also and I remembered how much I cannot stand people who dawdle and dither in a aisle, and they usually do it in aisles that are being replenished to be extra awkward.

Do they stand with their trollies outstretched so you can’t reach anything in the aisle? I hate that.

+Quote Post
Midge
post Jan 6 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #10
I just think I'm neat
   No Gallery Pics

More pet hates...

When you order a fry up but ask for NO BEANS and they serve you beans anyway and you send it back and they scrape the beans off the plate and re serve it to you and you’re like yuck bean juices!

When somebody is completely fake with you rather than honest.

When you’re accused of doing something you’ve not done or for having false intentions...*cough*

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Jan 6 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lorde @ Jan 6 2018, 04:12 PM) *
Ffs drama.gif

You are all taking one of my comments too seriously again.... drama.gif There is a reason for the ohmy.gif at the end, maybe I should have added a laugh.gif at the end to stop people criticizing it.... sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Jan 6 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Backstabbers. I constantly have to work around one at my work and its a pain in the arse, I'm honestly considering moving because of it.

On a more light hearted note, trousers that have a skinny cut that includes skinny thighs and the larger size of them makes them baggy at the calf too, so you either have to be bursting out of them or walk around with elephant legs. How hard is it to design a skinny jean the shape of an actual leg?!

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jan 6 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #13
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

I found a new one this week: When someone accuses you of "virtue signalling". Funnily enough they're pretty much always homophobic and/or racist.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: Jan 6 2018, 09:33 PM

+Quote Post
Midge
post Jan 6 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #14
I just think I'm neat
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jan 6 2018, 09:33 PM) *
I found a new one this week: When someone accuses you of "virtue signalling". Funnily enough they're pretty much always homophobic and/or racist.

Please elaborate - what on earth does "virtue signalling" mean?!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 6 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 6 2018, 04:39 PM) *
Do they stand with their trollies outstretched so you can’t reach anything in the aisle? I hate that.

Omg YES laugh.gif This woman had her trolley outstretched, then she was stood facing the other shelf so that her and her trolley were pretty much taking up the whole aisle and legit is there a need? drama.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jan 6 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #16
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Midge @ Jan 6 2018, 09:39 PM) *
Please elaborate - what on earth does "virtue signalling" mean?!

Basically it's like where you're standing up against hate for minority groups (trying to be a decent person) and they shoot you down for it and say you're "virtue signalling" to try and make yourself look good because they're a fascist.

Like for example, someone on a friend's Facebook post (about whether you'd date someone who does drag) the other week accused me of virtue signalling for calling out the people who said "no" and accusing them of being closed minded and unable to separate the person from the performer/artist.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: Jan 6 2018, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Jan 6 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #17
Is it cool that I said all that?
Member No.: 1,454

I have a lot of them, but to name a few:

-When people act like they are the only ones in the checkout line and they take forever.
-When people are talking in the middle of the aisle in the way of everything.
-When people leave their carts outside two steps away from the cart corral.
-When the toilet paper roll is put on the wrong way.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Jan 7 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

People, namely my wife and daughter, who constantly leave lights on. I pay the bills and lights may not use a lot but it all ads up.

Also finishing a loo roll and leaving it for ME, muggins, to put a new one on the holder. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Jan 7 2018, 10:59 AM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 8 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #19

One I've remembered today, people who shorten words that don't need to be shortened, like saying voddy instead of vodka :/ Absolutely drives me insane. It doesn't even have less letters to type or syllables to say.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Jan 8 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Cyclists on pavements. mad.gif Some nearly knock you down. They just don't care.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 09:14 PM