BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> R&B and Urban Recommendation Page
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ML Hammer95
post Jan 9 2018, 01:35 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,265

As a feature for 2018, I hope to keep this regularly updated with what's bubbling under in the world of urban music. This space will be primarily for songs not yet big enough to support their own discussion page and will hopefully introduce people to artists and sounds they may not have considered before.

Geko - Likes That

This caught my attention immediately. Geko has been around for a few years now and has worked with Chip, Wretch 32, WSTRN and had an underground smash hit 'Darlin' last year. Confident bars and a beat that sounds like old-school Hip-Hop alongside a hook that sticks in your head... with the advantage of sounding fresh in the context of the UK scene. Also a nice reference to 'In da Club' too. laugh.gif

For fans of: Chip, J Hus, Not3s

Mahalia - Hold On

Leicester based artist Mahalia is being widely tipped for success this year - making a deserved appearance on the 1Xtra 'Hot For 2018' list. This has been A-listed by the station, a very smooth R&B track with a soulful vocal.

For fans of: Jorja Smith. Mabel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Jan 9 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #2
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I do like Mahalia! Hopefully she can be another urban female to break out soon!

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jan 10 2018, 09:09 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Likes That isn't bad but it's not something I'll be going back to kink.gif I do like Hold On though, reminds me a bit of Finders Keepers but I prefer Mahalia to Mabel dance.gif

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,265

Octavian - Party Here

This is my biggest recommendation of the week, a song that is getting so much throughout the underground scene right now! This stands out from other typical UK rap tracks, primarily because of the instrumental - contains elements of trap, hip hop, a horn section and a breakbeat chorus. Octavian is just starting to make a name from himself, and this could potentially allow him to blow up as an artist.

Famous Dex ft. ASAP Rocky - Pick It Up

Just outside the Top 10 on American Spotify, this has been picking up hype for a few months now. Slightly off-kilter beat but a definite party starter. Sounds almost like there are Indian influences in the music, which makes it more interesting than your standard rap track. Keep an eye out for this!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 09:24 PM