BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PROCRASTINATION
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Friday, 12:07 AM
Post #1
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

A deadly disease which affects us all </3

I have exams on Monday and Thursday which I am not even remotely ready for, but instead of revising feverently i am sat going between being deep on Facebook and Wikipedia loops drama.gif If only my exam was on old Emmerdale characters I've found myself reading about i'd be set but alas I can't quite fit them into social psychology </3 I've still got so much to do but even the looming time limit isn't kicking me up the ass enough, I don't know why my procrastination is so awful laugh.gif

How good or bad is your state of procrastination, or are you on top of everything always? What are you worst sources of procrastination?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Friday, 12:50 AM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Best of luck with the impending exams Liam!

Ah procrastination. I have such a rollercoaster ride with it which is frustrating! One week I'll totally be the same, should be doing Uni work but instead I'm using valuable time reading about the history of the 50p coin or am in a YouTube loop of weirdos being interviewed on This Morning. But then I have weeks where I am totally ON it, this week has thankfully been one of those times. I try to devise a daily schedule with at least 3 Uni-related tasks to get on with so I'm on top of everything and I have actually stuck to most of it this week. I think setbacks really send my procrastination into overdrive which is natural, like I got some feedback over the Christmas hols that I thought was overly harsh and that made me feel so deflated, thus resulting in me not wanting to return to my work for a while. But then I always end up having a wake-up call, this time it was the voice inside my head saying "you need to create a 32-page magazine by the 23rd February and this is only one assignment, you gotta step it up now!!" laugh.gif and I have been so motivated this week and back on track with my end goal. Personally having the aforementioned schedule really works for me as I like the satisfaction of ticking things off and breaking my work up a bit more. I find that incorporating timeslots doesn't really work for me though, because I'll kick myself if I started later than I wanted to. Just a simple list with me having the freedom to carry out these tasks at whatever time I want during the day feels better for me. So yeah... one week queen of productivity, then the next week queen of watching Jeremy Kyle videos x I am really going try and keep it up for my remaining time at University though as it's non-stop until May now.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Friday, 01:57 AM
Post #3
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I've recently been procrastinating watching YouTube videos about Super Mario 64 glitches. Because IMPORTANT.

My procrastination is always awful but I'm dealing with it sliiightly better than usual at the moment, like I have at least got a little bit of preparation done a few days in advance of my first exam which is more than I could say during previous uni exam seasons laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Friday, 03:32 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

I don't feel like talking about my procrastination habits right now, but I promise I'll tell you guys later

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Friday, 07:26 AM
Post #5
I hope your son isn't called Bouff
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I'm actually pretty on the ball for exams/anything else that has a deadline because I always know I need to be prepared. It's anything that doesn't have a specific deadline I'm awful at. If someone sends me an important email (or even a PM on here) it can take me weeks or even months to get back. I've been putting driving lessons off for a year now laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 07:42 PM