BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quitting
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Midge
post Jan 12 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #1
I just think I'm neat
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

Sometimes quitting is good.

Sometimes quitting is bad.

What have you quit that you’re proud of; or alternatively is there something you’ve quit that you regret?

Is there something you SHOULD quit or plan to quit?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 12 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #2
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I regret quitting some of the sports I was into when I was younger, especially Net Ball, Football and Horse Riding. I wish I'd kept up playing the oboe but tbf that is still something I could pick up again as I still have it and hopefully haven't forgotten how to play kink.gif

I should probably quit my job :')

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 12 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

You need to quit your job linds.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jan 12 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #4
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I quit the school orchestra at the end of Year 8 and I have always regretted it, I think at the time I resented going into school on Saturday mornings for practice when everyone else was able to watch Live & Kicking/SM:TV.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 12 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I feel you Lindsey! I wish I had stuck with the clarinet as I was doing really well with it. I also wish I had stuck with gymnastics, karate, athletics and netball for longer than I did because I still had a lot more to accomplish in them, especially karate which I quit after obtaining just a few belts.

On the other hand, I feel like I quit my volunteering job at a charity shop at the perfect time. I stuck with it for 8 months which felt like enough longevity, then quitting allowed me to go for the opportunity of working at HMV at the time. 17-year-old me was up against a lot of other teens wanting the job and they appreciated not only my music knowledge but also that I'd got some shop experience in some way.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Jan 12 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #6
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I haven't really started enough things to have anything notable to have quit lmao. x

I guess the main thing that comes to mind is that I quit the original course I enrolled in at uni (switching from a 4 year MMath in Mathematics to a 3 year BSc in Mathematics & Statistics), which wasn't really a major change as it just meant I finish my course a year earlier and had slightly more restricted choices for third year. That was 100% the right decision because I would simply not have been able to deal with a fourth year at university especially with a mandatory year long project. I really should have quit it earlier or, even better, never signed up for it in the first place (I didn't look into the details of the course enough when I applied), because if I was on the BSc from the start I could have completely avoided the absolute hell that was Analysis 2A which was a compulsory second year unit on the MMath (which I was still on at the time).

Aside from that... I quit as a chart mod on BuzzJack? laugh.gif Which was also definitely the right decision as I no longer felt interested enough to continue as one lol ~

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 12 2018, 07:48 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I do not regret quitting as an admin on Glee Wiki kink.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 12 2018, 07:50 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Bré picking two of my things though mad.gif I also quit the original course I enrolled in at uni. It was a media course with a nice variety of elements including film, TV, photography, electronic music (we got to try making our own scores for films *.*) etc. and I've actually majorly regretted this decision (which I know is pointless) as I feel that leaving the course was stupid and didn't bring me anything great, really. Won't go into why I quit or where my head was at but I do wish I had finished it and had a more natural progression with things maybe... I'm back doing an evening course in the same uni (I still wanna call it 'college' but apparently that means something else for y'all in UK tongue.gif Would someone pls explain this to me again??) which feels kinda funny.

Also like Bré, I quit my moderator duty on here (I was a Lounge mod for eleven months, some of you may remember x) and similarly, I feel it was the right decision for me personally at the time.

As a teenager, I also quit smoking fairly soon after I started which I'm happy about cos it wasn't that great really. x

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jan 12 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #9
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

i quit my first proper job which i had had for 3+ years and the new job i got (it wasn't even the one i was hoping for) opened so many doors for me. i now have another job which is even better and I feel I'm really good at it. i guess this is what adulting feels like~

i don't think i ever quit any of my passions. they are sometimes on pause but i always get back to them eventually.

actually i quit MOUNTAIN BIKE classes after just two lessons when i was like 13. never regretted~~

This post has been edited by ionderella: Jan 12 2018, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post
Midge
post Jan 12 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #10
I just think I'm neat
   No Gallery Pics

I quit my job last year to move away from Reading and take some time out to study and further my web programming skills and also to visit Australia. The latter is happening in March, have I mentioned it much? wink.gif I don't feel regret and am making good progress with my study... after half a year living back with my mother though, as much as I love her, it reminds me it really has to be a temporary arrangement. It's amazing how restricted you feel from doing certain things when living with family, if you know what I mean...

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 12 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #11
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I generally just don't quit things unless I know it's debilitating to my development as a person, I just HAVE to finish what I started, it's a thing with me. Last year my PGCE was hard for so many reasons and I wasn't really in the right college for various reasons and at times, rlly wasn't enjoying it much, but I never quit and I'm so glad as I got my PGCE and it really ended very well as it led to a paid job. Likewise, I have felt 'overqualified' for this job sometimes, but again I haven't quit as I'm just enjoying it a lot and like making a difference.

I guess some minor things I'm a bit more lax about - I tend to give up on books and TV shows very quickly if they're not interesting me for example.

+Quote Post
Avicii
post Jan 12 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #12
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

A few things I quit:

- stagecoach school (singing/dancing/acting), I had been there for 3 years but I was getting too old for it and stopped enjoying it, haven't done any such thing since
- taekwondo classes, likewise (I passed enough tests to get to green belt then stopped shortly afterwards)

+Quote Post
Midge
post Jan 13 2018, 01:08 AM
Post #13
I just think I'm neat
   No Gallery Pics

Oh, I quit caffeine in October 2016 and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I no longer get hangovers for starters - and my body also no longer needs a 'pick-me-up' constantly throughout the day from coffee or tea. I enjoy the taste though so still have decaf. On nights out, jaegerbombs are a no-no, as is coke as a mixer.

Things I quit that I do regret are football and singing when I was younger. I was good at both and I'm annoyed at myself for not pursuing them. I even got into the Colchester United academy, what was I thinking? I could've been a rival to Lomana Trésor Lua Lua sad.gif or the next Michelle McManus.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jan 13 2018, 03:50 AM
Post #14
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I am a very committed person and, similar to Chez, have rarely quit anything significant and would have a hard time doing so if I did. I sort of quit baseball but even that was after completing a full season and just switching to another sport the next season. I guess I quit doing church musicals too, again not in the middle of one but after completing my last one and deciding not to take part anymore. Everything else I've just aged out of. I can genuinely see myself being in the same activities I'm in now for the rest of my life which is probably sad laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jan 13 2018, 08:07 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I quit daily exercising and my plans to start going to the gym a few months ago, it hasn't really affected my life in a major way (or at all, really) so far but I feel like it's something I should have continued tongue.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 13 2018, 01:23 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I can’t think of anything! In life in general, I’ve always followed a steady course and achieved the aims I set out to. I was forced to give up amateur dramatics at age 11 because we’d moved house it it was too far to drive but I’ve never quitted something of my own volition.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jan 13 2018, 01:44 PM
Post #17
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 13 2018, 04:23 PM) *
I can’t think of anything! In life in general, I’ve always followed a steady course and achieved the aims I set out to. I was forced to give up amateur dramatics at age 11 because we’d moved house it it was too far to drive but I’ve never quitted something of my own volition.

that move cost you that harry potter role!!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 13 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #18
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ionderella @ Jan 13 2018, 01:44 PM) *
that move cost you that harry potter role!!

It did indeed!

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jan 13 2018, 03:14 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

Quitting my job last year was the most liberating thing ever. I spent nearly 3 years working there and in the 6 months leading up to leaving it was awful. I was denied the opportunity to even apply for a promotion twice and so many changes happened that it was making me crumble and feel awful about myself. I quit without even having something else lined up and spent 4 months unemployed but it made me feel amazing.

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: Jan 13 2018, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 10:10 PM