BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random friends on nights out
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lotita.
post Jan 18 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

The other topic inspired me

How good are ya’ll at making random friends? I’d say I’m probably too good, last time I went out I shared a toilet cubicle with this random girl whilst giving her advice on getting with someone (yes from me mellow.gif). I find it really easy just to talk to particularly girls when drunk, it’s usually lipstick talk though ngl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 18 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #2
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I'm bad at this.

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jan 18 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #3
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Throwback to when Liam, Bal and Rob found me crying over some random women I met in the toilets

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 18 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #4
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I can make friends in the bathroom on a night out no bother, me and my friend once helped a girl do her makeup (drunk) because she was asking to borrow some foundation from my friend laugh.gif I'm REALLY bad at talking to people in the club or at the bar though and it's not that I don't have the social skills, I just can't bloody hear a thing anyone is saying to me mellow.gif Most of the people I've had proper talks with on nights out have been at pubs where it's quieter or outside at the smoking area. I remember I was outside the pub once and the bar girl was outside too on a break and I was just chatting away to her and then it turned out she was one of the store managers at my work's daughter :') There was also the guy who couldnt talk, read or write in english and he gave me a christmas card once. There was also the girl that stopped me when we were looking for a club last summer in glasgow to discuss my jacket.

New Year was really good for talking to randomers because everyone was so happy and friendly, literally anyone you passed would wish you a happy new year and give you a hug, I feel like because of that people were more likely to just come up to you so I spoke to loads of people that night. As previously mentioned in the smoking thread, Jill and Sheena were the true icons that night. They were lesbian neighbours in their 60s at least and Lew found them at the smoking area, we talked to them for ages and then kept bumping into them throughout the night. Jill told me and Harve about how she got interviewed for something in her attic by STV or something and we ended up spending most of the night with them I think, we even waited with them until they got their taxi and got a squad photo with them from the club photographer laugh.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 18 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Do you know where I ALWAYS make new friends? Taxi queues. There is always someone interesting to talk to.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 18 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Maybe it is because I don't have alcohol in my system during nights out, but I don't have many instances of making random friends, I usually stick with the people I came with laugh.gif Having said that, during freshers' week a girl came on her own and sat with me and my friend and we ended up spending the whole night with her and she is lovely, we still talk whenever we bump into each other around Uni! So that is one nice lil example. Random people do like to chat to me when I am out and about however at times, like at the bus stop. Occasionally people have come over to me and randomly sat with me in the Greggs we have at Uni if I have been on my own also. I have been told that I look quite approachable (I will always use the example of old ladies leaving their shopping with me while they go to the loo in McDonalds laugh.gif) so maybe that's something to do with it. Anyway, I am far too socially anxious to randomly strike up a conversation with a random person on a night out, but if someone starts the conversation with me (like that girl I mentioned) then I would try and respond to them if they seemed friendly.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 18 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #7
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

It definitely does not happen as much as you get older - trust me.

All the best random mates I made, I was young, naive and 18.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 18 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #8
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

What happens if you're a late bloomer though? : '( is there no hope lolz

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 18 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I recall once having a late night philosophical conversation about how space is expanding or something with some randomers outside a club *_ I never have the confidence to talk to randomers on public transport or otherwise, but I will always be up for it if someone else is.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 18 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #10
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

I took the plunge and started talking to a randomer on a train once last year. He seemed chill. We only talked for around ten minutes cos he had to get off and I felt weird about asking for his FB or something stupid like that... like what do you even do? We just had a very casual conversation about where we were travelling, and about studying. So it just would've been too early and weird.

The funny thing is, I just remembered this earlier, yesterday I was in a grocery store and I think I saw him lmao. He saw me too and he looked like he recognized me but I wasn't sure so we didn't talk. Later on I felt like such a creep cos I was hoping to like bump into him again in the store or outside of it so I could be like "Hey! Did I talk to you on a train once? ohmy.gif"

://

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 18 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(M. @ Jan 18 2018, 07:15 PM) *
What happens if you're a late bloomer though? : '( is there no hope lolz

loads of time, it never stops, trust me. Some of my current closest friends were people I talked to in bars in the 2000's just randomly (in my 40's) - bear in mind I'd never gone into a bar of any sort on my own in my life, I was that sheltered and shy!

I'm still making new friends almost every year - if you get on with people why wouldn't you?

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 18 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #12
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jan 18 2018, 08:02 PM) *
loads of time, it never stops, trust me. Some of my current closest friends were people I talked to in bars in the 2000's just randomly (in my 40's) - bear in mind I'd never gone into a bar of any sort on my own in my life, I was that sheltered and shy!

I'm still making new friends almost every year - if you get on with people why wouldn't you?

aw thanks <3 I've never gone into a bar or anything on my own either haha (I've gone with company), I've considered it but I just see myself as too shy. The problem I'm running into is that I barely made friends at school (I made one that lasted) and I've never made a friend at uni (currently I'm just there for an evening course but I've decided to try join up with the swimming society there at least) so I'm not sure how to come out of my shell now, in my mid-twenties, in a town where I feel like I've very little in common with most people.

I'm gonna stop posting in this thread soon, all these things are having a really negative effect on my mindset right now.

me crying out when I post these posts:

This post has been edited by M.: Jan 18 2018, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 18 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't go to a pub myself but there are people who do with the intention of meeting people. If it really does bother you that you feel like you've missed the boat in terms of going out, you haven't and there is no age limit really, yea I'd say it's mostly 18-30 year olds but there are clubs for older folk as well so you have decades left before you're "too old". Try and organise a class night out or make friends with people in your course? Or if none of those sound good, join a club or society or even get a part time/voluntary job. Go to gigs and make friends there, there's so many ways to meet people now, even online too.

Clubbing isn't for everyone though so you aren't missing out on much, it's only worth it if you're out with the right people tbh.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 18 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #14
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I make friends every time I go out. I am just a 100% mess when drinking... I hate it. I legit have loads of photos with randomers on my phone lmao

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 18 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Omg legit me but I get too comfortable and my worst is throwing myself at a straight guy who's not even that hot just bc he's tall and nice

I am worse for it at pres than when actually out, everyone is my bff for the duration of that pres just because I like the fact they're drinking wine or sth

QUOTE(lotita. @ Jan 18 2018, 05:34 PM) *
Throwback to when Liam, Bal and Rob found me crying over some random women I met in the toilets

TWO KIDS!1!1

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Jan 19 2018, 03:56 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

At a jazz club ten years ago I met a really friendly young woman who I danced with a few times. We added each other on Facebook, became friends and still bump into each other from time to time.

She now has her own Wikipedia page and is probably the most famous person I know! Really happy for her smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Jan 19 2018, 06:20 AM
Post #17
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I'm very good at making friends when I'm already with other people because I guess it gives me a boost. If I'm starting out on my own though I have no chance.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 19 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #18
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(BillyH @ Jan 19 2018, 03:56 AM) *
At a jazz club ten years ago I met a really friendly young woman who I danced with a few times. We added each other on Facebook, became friends and still bump into each other from time to time.

She now has her own Wikipedia page and is probably the most famous person I know! Really happy for her smile.gif

Omg Eunice!!!

+Quote Post
travis
post Jan 19 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #19
bombay black galactic jack
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

I almost always make a random friend or two when I go out. I don't get to go out much anymore because it's expensive, but a lot of my current good friends are people I met randomly at parties or on nights out. Hell, a good chunk of friendships I've made online have also been from drunk nights!!! (lotti i'm looking at u)

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 19 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 19 2018, 11:11 AM) *
Omg Eunice!!!

Omg queen *.*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 01:18 AM