BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How many people do you consider real life friends?, Rachel? Monica? Phoebe? Joey? Chandler? Ross? :P
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
about how many would you say?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Q.
post Jan 18 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #1
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

The other topic which was inspired by the other topic inspired this other topic. I was gonna just ask "How many ppl do you consider friends?", without putting the real-life element in but I guess what influenced me to put it the way I've put it, is because I'm not actually sure how many people I speak to online are friends. tongue.gif Morrissey was asked this in an interview once, and he quickly responded with "Seven". I found it an amusing moment.

Right now, I'd say 3 for me haha. And that's just including people who are "just friends", so I didn't include my sister or anyone else I'm close to who is more than a friend (I did include one of my cousins cos I think of her more as a friend than a cousin). Feel free to answer in any way you wish though, and don't worry if you can't think of an accurate number, approximate is fine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 18 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #2
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I do actually have quite a lot of friends irl, (i went for 18-20) I consider anyone who I can talk to and make plans with and know fairly well as a friend. Literally my whole course minus one are people I would call friends and we are actually a close group, even the lecturers are surprised at just how friendly we all are. There's 11 of us in total so half of my friends are from uni but I am closer to 4 of them in particular and that's who I'm usually referring to if I say "my uni friends". My best friends consist of 3 more people who I met through uni as well but they left the course two years ago, but we're still as close if not more so. Then there's you guys who go beyond just being online friends, who I talk to pretty much every day and make plans to meet up with as much as we can.

I have other friends as well that I would talk to quite happily but maybe wouldn't make plans with. I have made a lot of friends from uni that have left at one point that are like that and I have a few friends at work but that very much is just a work friendship where we'll talk on shift and that's about it, bar like one person but idk that I'd make plans with her. My school friends aren't really friends anymore, acquaintances at most but Idek that most people would stop and say hey now kink.gif

+Quote Post
Q.
post Jan 18 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #3
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

(this is not a "contest" or anything btw, I was just curious in the moment (and this is a topic I've thought of creating before). And I would've preferred not to answer in a way tbh but if I ask, then I should maybe answer lol)

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jan 18 2018, 06:25 PM
Post #4
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I have three main friends from school that I still speak to and meet up with every so often, I'd include Joseph and Jay and maybe a couple of others from here who I've met in real life so I'd say have transcended online friendship and then there are two people from work who I've been on nights out with and am going to Eurovision with in May.

I'd say about 10-15 as an estimate, depending on how you'd class individual people. If I know you from work but we're close enough that we like and comment on each other's Facebook posts, I'd personally most likely class you as a friend laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 18 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #5
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Went for 2 because there are 2 people I spend time with on a daily basis nowadays, but my friends change so much that I honestly don't know who are 'real' friends most of the time

(in fact I counted and found that there have been 11 people I've considered my closest friend at some point in my life oops)

This post has been edited by PeteFromLeeds: Jan 18 2018, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Jan 18 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #6
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I thibk im in the 31-49 category. Across uni, work and my old school there’s quite a few groups I fall into!!

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jan 18 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #7
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(lotita. @ Jan 18 2018, 06:36 PM) *
I thibk im in the 31-49 category. Across uni, work and my old school there’s quite a few groups I fall into!!

do i count

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 18 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I have two friends from school and one from Uni I still talk with and meet up with every so often. I've had various people I can call friends over the years at work and studying and, but I'm hesitant to call them friends in true sense as they aren't people I can see me still contacting in years to come and they were more just friends in circumstance. Maybe I'm thinking too much~ I'm happy with my friends though I do wish I had a few more as I do find myself on my own a lot outside of working hours.

I guess part of the problem is I've always been a bit bad at staying in touch (I've been trying to aid that recently) once you're in new circumstances, so it tends to maintain a friendship outside of the occasional social media interaction and especially when you're trying to fit into new circumstances. Oh for the days at school and uni when you totally took it for granted having all your friends easily accessible~

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 18 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #9
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

Just counting people see in my own life face to face and hang out with, 2. If I included people I know from internet etc and talk to like Liam (Ligina ftw) then it'd be to around 6.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jan 18 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #10
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I don’t know but I answered 21-30. There’s a lot of people I can count on and who can count on me.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 18 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I voted for 13-17 and this is University friends and those I still talk to from school. My University course is a fairly tight-knit group so I have quite a lot of friends through it. I am so glad about that because I was so nervous about making friends at Uni as a commuter. I'd say I have 4 best friends from University and then a big group who I'm not mega close with but would happily talk to and co-operate with on news days etc. This would be higher if I included Internet friends!

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Jan 18 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #12
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

"Real life" friends who I can talk to about anything? 1.

Maybe 4 others who I would spend time with in a social setting.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 18 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

There are degrees of friendship, some people are very close, some you see less often, some not for years (like my uni friends who dont live locally) - but they are all good friends who's company I enjoy and wish I had more time to share with them, but who I know either very very well or pretty well, and including many work friends from over the years.

As I'm oldish that's a large number of people, and not even taking into account (as an RAF child) the dozens and dozens of school and RAF friends I lost touch with sadly, as you do when you move around a lot. You can never have too many friends, you can only never have enough time to spend with them..

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 18 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #14
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

It's always hard to define, as I have lots of "friends" but most of my friends live in different places to me, so it can be difficult to see each other regularly but when we do it's like we have never been away. Friendships also need to test the length of time, but I would probably say about 25. Then another 15-20 people who I would class as acquaintances as in we speak fairly regular and would hang out and do things together, but we probably don't make enough effort with each other.

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post Jan 18 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #15
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I guesstimated 21-30 although there are a lot of people I don't talk to on a regular basis any more (moved areas, met at previous education places etc), I know if we did see each other again with lots of them we'd pick back up where we left off. There are degrees of friendships of course though, I have a "best friend" at uni although I get on with lots of people and consider them friends.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 18 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #16
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I went for 21-30 just to be safe

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jan 18 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I went for 21-30, but it's mainly just school friends, if I was to go for people who I'd consider actually really good friends, it's probs about 9-12 but idk tbh

+Quote Post
danG
post Jan 18 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #18
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I'd say about 3-5. Depends who I count as still being a friend as a few of them I barely ever see anymore.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 18 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I have like my two best friends at uni and two at home who are like top tier, but overall probably like 21-30 counting my group at home, and various random people at uni who like come to pres and stuff. There are a few people on here I'd count as the same level as a lot of them as well but since you said real life tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jan 19 2018, 01:25 AM
Post #20
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I have like 10-20 people I would consider to be friends but there's only one that I see weekly and the rest I only see like once a month or less, or they've moved so far away that I don't see them at all. It's not ideal!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 09:24 PM