BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Rita released album 2 in 2014...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephAvery
post Jan 23 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #1
tell me all the ways to love you
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

...where would she be at now?

I'm sure we all know that Rita was working on her second album originally with her then-boyfriend Calvin Harris, but despite the huge smash of I Will Never Let You Down, the album was scrapped when Calvin and Rita broke up and Calvin refused to hand over the songs. My question is this: if we'd received an album four years ago, produced by Calvin, do we think it would've been big? It's hard to tell without hearing the songs of course, but let's assume IWNLYD is a good indicator.

I think it would've depended a lot on the second single, but IWNLYD set things up really nicely for a second era and I absolutely loved the song she was going for with it. I think she could've achieved another successful album, but I think she's actually in a better position now. There's a definite thirst for new Rita and the constant pushbacks have almost become a farce, but the album's eventual arrival will be more of an event. She needed hits like Your Song, Lonely Together and Anywhere to launch her back into the spotlight and I think she's actually bigger than ever right now, so in a way it's kinda worked out for the best.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Jan 23 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #2
Fuego!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I feel like she’s at the peak of her career right now. Not sure on her first album sales total but this could do well.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Jan 23 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #3
she works really hard for her money
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

She would've done well I think, especially as she probably would've capitalised on the fact Rihanna was taking a break and she didn't have so much UK female competition either. But, she might also have fizzled out and not be in the position she's in now in 2017-18, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Off the back of a few hits in 2014-15 she could've scored a couple of decent collabs which she could have ridden on the way to a third album; being out of music for a while made it harder to do that. I'm still baffled at how she managed to score an Avicii feature after not putting anything out in music for the previous two years. Must have good management!

+Quote Post
Venice Botch
post Jan 23 2018, 10:31 PM
Post #4
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

She certainly wouldn't be as big as she is now. Although all these delays have been very frustrating, it's nice to see it's actually all worked out rather well for her (assuming the rest of the era goes as planned!!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 01:20 PM