BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Veebruar 2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Q.
post Feb 1 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #1
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Thread title is in Estonian cheer.gif x

Talk about plans / various off-topic things in here. happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Feb 1 2018, 12:05 AM
Post #2
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm gonna take advantage of the Valentine's day chocolate offers in the supermarkets. I'm also going to London for a few days with uni and I've got loads of deadlines, not the best of months but we shall see how it pans out I suppose x

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Feb 1 2018, 12:32 AM
Post #3
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I intend to start heavily looking for a new job as I'm getting tired of picking up the pieces at my current one. So that will be the main thrust.
Also would like to hit the gym again. Just my luck to have a major operation just when I was about to start going back! Counting down the days til I heal up properly...

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 1 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Ooh February seems like a good month! The first major event of the month is seeing Kendrick Lamar and James Blake next Friday in Birmingham which I am looking forward to so much *.* then there are a few cool other bits like the Brit Awards, pancake day (food is life) and Valentine's Day (me and Bray can't be together on the actual day but the Kendrick Lamar concert is not too far off so that period of time will be eventful anyway x) so hooray for that. Also, this is a bit dorky, but the deadline for my music magazine practical project is 23rd February and I can't wait to see what my finished project will look like. Especially on glossy paper heart.gif I kinda don't want that deadline to approach at the same time, 'cause I'm actually enjoying this project and I have to move on to my dissertation straight after. An EU Referendum one is going to involve a lot of dense reading material I imagine. So yeah... except that bit, bring on February!

+Quote Post
Q.
post Feb 1 2018, 01:01 AM
Post #5
elusive
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 1 2018, 12:51 AM) *
James Blake next Friday in Birmingham which I am looking forward to so much *.*

oooooh this is fab!! I saw James Blake in October 2016 and it was brilliant. You'll enjoy that. x

As for my own February, not a huge amount of plans but there's a couple of special days in there, let's just leave it at that for now lol. Have to start working on this assignment for my evening class, that's for sure.

This post has been edited by M.: Feb 1 2018, 01:03 AM

+Quote Post
Bré
post Feb 1 2018, 01:09 AM
Post #6
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Super excited to see Kendrick next week of course *.* not so excited about being back to lectures at uni, ew x (my final semester ever mellow.gif) + I guess I might get my exam results back some time this month which could be a bit of a disaster x

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 1 2018, 04:20 AM
Post #7
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I'm starting off the month in the state capital for my work conference! That should be the highlight of my February, although I am looking forward to the Winter Olympics starting next week. Also doing a chocolate walk with my mom the weekend before Valentine's day, which is always amazing.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 1 2018, 06:32 AM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I am also starting off my month with a work conference, except mine is in Berlin! Fly out on Sunday for the week and I’m so looking forward to it. Couple of days of conference, couple of days of work from our Berlin office, couple of days of holiday. Gonna be champion

Otherwise Feb not so eventful as it currently stands. Thankfully tho it’s a hella lot shorter than January which felt like it would never end

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Feb 1 2018, 06:41 AM
Post #9
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I'm going to a stag do to Liverpool a week on Saturday, then just general pottering around for the rest of the month! sleep.gif At least it's March next! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Feb 1 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

omg so as I've already said, the digital submission deadline for my dissertation was last week, the physical submission is tomorrow and we had to get it printed and bound professionally. Mine has just been delivered (along with a free copy *.*) and i am feeling hella proud tbh, it looks SO cool. I went for really HQ pages so they're pretty thick which makes it look as tho I wrote more than I did but I'm stanning so hard, it's really good to actually see something you've worked really hard on for months in a physical format looking all glossy and REAL!! I didn't think I'd get to this point tbh cry.gif

I recommend printed.com for anyone who will be doing this in the next few months xxxx

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 1 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise

Trying so hard not to turn into one of those "Well....actually...." pricks on facebook. So many people chatting shit on an "are Jaffa cakes cakes or biscuits" post. I admire that people are actually referring to a VAT tribunal but sweet Jesus it's actually killing me reading so many wrong things. Like so much misinterpretation of the VAT Tribunal, complete tosh about said VAT Tribunal, some massive failures in understanding how taxes work and just general stupidity around VAT. As it's my line of work every wrong comment kills me a little inside. (not the biscuit people. they just morons, but the people f***ing up basic VAT)

Don't become an accountant kids.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 1 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #12
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Lindsey 🙃 @ Feb 1 2018, 07:50 PM) *
omg so as I've already said, the digital submission deadline for my dissertation was last week, the physical submission is tomorrow and we had to get it printed and bound professionally. Mine has just been delivered (along with a free copy *.*) and i am feeling hella proud tbh, it looks SO cool. I went for really HQ pages so they're pretty thick which makes it look as tho I wrote more than I did but I'm stanning so hard, it's really good to actually see something you've worked really hard on for months in a physical format looking all glossy and REAL!! I didn't think I'd get to this point tbh cry.gif

I recommend printed.com for anyone who will be doing this in the next few months xxxx

Those feels when you see something you made digitally printed all glossy and physical is just......yes. *.*

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 1 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #13
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Feb 1 2018, 10:33 PM) *
Trying so hard not to turn into one of those "Well....actually...." pricks on facebook. So many people chatting shit on an "are Jaffa cakes cakes or biscuits" post. I admire that people are actually referring to a VAT tribunal but sweet Jesus it's actually killing me reading so many wrong things. Like so much misinterpretation of the VAT Tribunal, complete tosh about said VAT Tribunal, some massive failures in understanding how taxes work and just general stupidity around VAT. As it's my line of work every wrong comment kills me a little inside. (not the biscuit people. they just morons, but the people f***ing up basic VAT)

Don't become an accountant kids.

Too late...

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 1 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise

I'm sure we can still save some of the others!

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Feb 2 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Feb 1 2018, 09:37 PM) *
Those feels when you see something you made digitally printed all glossy and physical is just......yes. *.*

then you look at the dent in your bank account because of the printing costs and question if its really worth it kink.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 2 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I’ve had a manic start to February, yesterday I not only had a parents evening but I also spent the day interviewing internal candidates for permanent assistant head posts. Most of these candidates were my friends so it’s been quite nerve wracking but I’m happy with the results.

Half term starts next Friday and I’ve got 2 nights in Cardiff booked the week after so Feb seems pretty good.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 2 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #17
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Just received an offer to join the Buzzjack teaching club and study a PGDE in primary teaching at Aberdeen University! I have an interview on Tuesday for Strathclyde (massive thank you to the angel that is Bal for helping me!) which is my first choice. I am just so happy to have something for next year! heart.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 2 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #18
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Lindsey 🙃 @ Feb 2 2018, 01:07 AM) *
then you look at the dent in your bank account because of the printing costs and question if its really worth it kink.gif

I never do that kink.gif I just look on payday and ignore it.

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Feb 2 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #19
I skipped a rock and it fell to the bottom
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

I'm doing some mocks soon.

Music I might get this month:

Vinyl:
Hookworms - Microshift (vinyl in PVC sleeve) [I got it now. Alas, it's not the orange vinyl. I tried to check out Bandcamp for it but they sold, so I got the regular black vinyl from my record store instead)]
I might get Franz Ferdinand's Always Ascending on pink vinyl or Shame's Songs Of Praise on blue vinyl.
Nick Drake - Bryter Layter (vinyl with textured sleeve)
Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit
Bicep - Bicep
Thundercat - Drunk (red 10" boxset)
The Charlatans - Different Days (coloured 7" boxset)

CDs:
King Krule - The Ooz
Everything Everything - A Fever Dream
Four Tet - New Energy
The Horrors - V
That Fall CD boxset containing their A-sides
Any bargain CD that catches my eye

Films I might see: Star Wars The Last Jedi, Wonder

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Feb 2 2018, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Feb 2 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #20
Oxford and Cambridge
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Busy month with medical appointments apart from work, not a lot else occurs.

My grandfather is back home, a lot better.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 09:51 PM