BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FUN~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Feb 4 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #1
open up in a new way, open up on a monday
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

(Bal, your thread title styles are just really appropriate for my own threads sometimes okay wub.gif)

I wanted to ask about the very serious topic of FUN. Quite simply - what do you do (if anything) to make your life actually FUN? I was asked a similar question recently and froze up cos I wasn't even sure how to answer so I made a joke about bungee jumping. It didn't help that it was on the phone and I just suck at phone calls in general (getting better tho).

What is FUN for you? Are you a FUN person? Is your life a ball of FUN? Or have ~adult responsibilities~ taken over?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 4 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I swim, read, listen to music, go to the cinema and have an occasional night out.

+Quote Post
M.
post Feb 4 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

There are things like listening to music but these days I don't particularly look at that as something I do for fun, it's more like a basic necessity lol. And I like watching movies which is fun but I tend to go for more serious, intriguing thought-provoking stuff a lot of the time (not always). I must also add that certain people in my life are fun to be with so simply being with those select few is fun.

Another person said recently that I don't seem to like to do fun things which really got me thinking - I wouldn't say that's true, but he was talking more about physical things (like maybe water skiing and such) that I haven't really had many chances to do, and maybe I'm just not the most physical of people. I love swimming tho and plan on renewing my gym membership soon as well.

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Feb 4 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(M. @ Feb 4 2018, 04:20 PM) *
(Bal, your thread title styles are just really appropriate for my own threads sometimes okay wub.gif)

What About Sam's Iconic Thread Titles With Every Word Beginning With A Capital Letter?
And Subtitles With The Use Of The | Symbol And An Exclamation Mark!

Anyway, my idea of fun is the occasional night out and some computer games, preferably historical based and challenging enough ones!

This post has been edited by The Snake : Feb 4 2018, 06:03 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 4 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #5
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Sam does her thread titles like you would do a title for a piece of academic writing. I do it too

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Feb 4 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 4 2018, 06:00 PM) *
Sam does her thread titles like you would do a title for a piece of academic writing. I do it too

It more reminds me of an American news website. In America capital letters at the start of each word are often used for news headlines unlike in the UK usually!

This post has been edited by The Snake : Feb 4 2018, 06:04 PM

+Quote Post
mdh
post Feb 4 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #7
no
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

i dont rly have fun anymore. i used to go out every day i could and had a GREAT time at school and out of school w friends but sadly that doesnt happen anymore. oh well - id say i find shopping fun and sometimes i still go on walks w friends but idk, its definitely a case of wishing for the past for me atm which kinda limits how much i enjoy stuff

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Feb 4 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #8
i got new rules i've got them
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Drinking wine~

+Quote Post
M.
post Feb 4 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ Feb 4 2018, 06:46 PM) *
id say i find shopping fun

oh yeah this, how could I forget tbh. Unfortunately there are limits I have to set myself at times cos I ain't made of money. That sucks about you not rly having much fun anymore, I sorta feel the same way. I engage myself in things I'm interested in (music, movies, photography, psychology shit) but just having a proper LAUGH? Doesn't happen as much as I'd like I think.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 4 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I find travelling fun, but I am the weirdo who actually enjoys the whole airport/flying experience. Except boarding and disembarking because other people stress me out with their utter stupidity and selfishness. If yer no prepared the second the cabin door is opened sit down ya amateur and like the professionals off first. Hate being at the back of a 747 it takes days to get off the bloody plane

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 4 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #11
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

Fun is Sebastian Stan. Sebastian Stan is fun.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Feb 4 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #12
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I listen to music, watch films/tv series, draw or do something else creative... I love just going out with my camera (altho more recently it's just been my phone as it's got a lit camera *.*) and seeing what I can find and then I'll mess about with the photos later which is also fun, my goal is to have a folio of photography work separate from my "serious career goal" stuff. I like traveling too but due to lack of funds and free time, its not something i get to do much but i feel like that goes quite well with my interest in photography. I feel quite lucky in that a lot of the things I do for fun or in my free time could also constitute as uni work, i just dont see the point in spending most of your life doing something you don't enjoy kink.gif I do really love hanging out with people tho (despite my introverted nature) especially over a drink or ten whether that's a chill night down the pub, at someone's house or going out out ofc my fave thing ever is going to gigs tho

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Feb 4 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #13
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 4 2018, 06:00 PM) *

Isn't if grammatically incorrect tho?? Like there are words that you don't capitalise like a or of unless it's at the start?

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 5 2018, 02:45 AM
Post #14
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I tend to freeze up when asked what I do for fun too. mellow.gif My main two things are listening to music and going out to eat, which admittedly aren't the most exciting but they can be fun! I also take myself on bike rides quite often, and go to concerts too on a less regular basis.

+Quote Post
M.
post Feb 5 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lindsey 🙃 @ Feb 4 2018, 10:44 PM) *
Isn't if grammatically incorrect tho?? Like there are words that you don't capitalise like a or of unless it's at the start?

I was always taught that you don't capitalise stuff like "a" or "the" or "and" or "of" unless they happen to be at the start of a title. Some people do though (including me the odd time) but it tends to look wrong to me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 5 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Feb 5 2018, 10:45 AM) *
I tend to freeze up when asked what I do for fun too. mellow.gif My main two things are listening to music and going out to eat, which admittedly aren't the most exciting but they can be fun! I also take myself on bike rides quite often, and go to concerts too on a less regular basis.

Basically me, but with dog walks instead of bike rides tongue.gif (haven’t been on a bike in literally years ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Feb 5 2018, 12:17 PM
Post #17
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I love going to see live music, be that gigs or festivals - really enjoy my cycling and so often plan routes to go cycling on with friends at the weekend. Usual standard stuff of going to the cinema, reading, etc. but I also love travelling as others have said and so quite enjoy little European city breaks like my trip to Vienna the other year.

QUOTE(Jüpiter @ Feb 4 2018, 06:49 PM) *
Drinking wine~

I mean, this goes without saying really. tongue.gif

This is me combining FOUR of my favourite fun things last May in Lyon, France: swimming, cycling, drinking wine and travelling. tongue.gif It was a Châteauneuf-du-Pape by the way..

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Feb 5 2018, 12:23 PM

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 5 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I guess that I am not a stereotypically 'fun' person in the sense that I prefer a chilled night in to a night out. Don't get me wrong, I do like going out from time to time, but not that frequently as it can be quite draining and my social anxiety gets in the way a bit. But I suppose I am generally a positive presence to be around and I do like to make people smile. Some of the things I like to do for fun can be a bit random like listening to old charts on Mixcloud or playing general knowledge / music rounds a lot on QuizUp tongue.gif but as for fun that requires going out, I really enjoy the experience of a concert - especially when it involves a hotel as well! Can't wait to do that this weekend for Kendrick. *.* Holidays are also a lot of fun, although 2018 is the first year since I was about 4 where I currently have no holiday planned ohmy.gif Random day trips are great too, I really want a day out at The Beatles museum for my 21st for example (*insert pun about 'Daytripper'*). Other things I like to do for fun = listening to music, record collecting, dining out at restaurants, going to the cinema and reading.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 5 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #19
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I don't know why but I find it a really awkward question! Usual posed along the lines of 'so what do you do in your spare time?'

my train of thought is kind of everything and anything! Guess it'd come down to ice skating, listening to music, being with friends, experiencing new things, concerts (which I really don't do enough of considering my love for music), film watching (even if everyone else seems to have watched way more than me?) and dining out. Nights out/drinking used to be one too but I can't work out how much alcohol I need to have a good time nowadays so I usually overdo it or under-do it so it's not quite the same experience as most others my age take out of it.

Travelling/holidays is another one but having come back from a month away in Australia and New Zealand which involved a lot of pre-planning it's the last of my priorities at the moment! I'm sure by the end of the year I'll be back in the mood!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 11:31 PM