BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Personal Space, Are you spatially aware?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Feb 8 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I thought this week I would make a thread on spatial awareness.

One definition is that spatial awareness is the ability to be aware of oneself in space. It is an organised knowledge of objects in relation to oneself in that given space. Spatial awareness also involves understanding the relationship of these objects when there is a change of position.

Questions to consider...

Would you consider yourself to be so aware of your surroundings when you are in a place unfamiliar to you?

Granted, when youíre in a place you know well, such as your home, a relative carefree attitude would likely come upon you.

Are you someone who gets uncomfortable in tight enclosures, even for a moment?

Sometimes situations require us to squeeze through a crowded place or to move between narrow crevices which could become quite daunting.

Do you panic if you are in a room full of people?

At a house party? A shopping centre? A gym? Thereís many places that can be crowded and leave you feeling closed in. Some say they can cope better in these situations when they are outdoors though, is this scientifically proven?

How far does someone have to be from you to invade your personal space and is that something thatís important to you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
M.
post Feb 8 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #2
open up in a new way, open up on a monday
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

*fights the urge to reply to this thread using language related to cognitive functions*

I'm neither claustrophobic nor agoraphobic but I'm not particularly good at remembering or noticing physical details around me very well, preferring to live in my head biggrin.gif Well, who am I fooling, I don't prefer it, it sucks lol. I don't really like crowded places (gigs excluded, there's something special about people enjoying live music together) or big social situations but I wouldn't say that has anything to do with the space in my environment or my own personal space. I do have a habit sometimes of thinking I'm gonna bump into something or someone, in a store for example, so I move extra carefully if it's full lmao.

This post has been edited by M.: Feb 8 2018, 07:11 PM

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 8 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I have claustrophobia which is particularly frustrating as someone who is so passionate about music. I fainted at both of the standing gigs I have been to (Nicki Minaj and Melanie Martinez) so I have to completely avoid standing at concerts. I don't mind sitting at gigs at all, in fact I quite like it, but it can be quite restrictive when a concert or festival is solely standing. The dream of being in the front row of a concert, or close at all, shall never be a reality. sad.gif I can't stand being in crowds in any capacity though, I think the first time I noticed that I had claustrophobia was when I fainted at an airport as a kid when it was badly organised and the crowds were packed. So yes I need my own space a lot and always avoid crowds when I go out, so I can enjoy myself and not make the company I'm with feel worried that I could faint at any minute.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 8 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Iím very good at keeping out of peopleís space. Itís annoying when others canít extend the same courtesy but I donít find it too uncomfortable.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2018 - 01:50 AM