BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hotel Rooms, I love a hotel room, don’t you love a hotel room?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post Feb 13 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #1
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Clearly sponsored by Miranda

Checked into my hotel room in Cardiff about an hour ago and it just reminds me of why I love them.

Huge bed that will be remade with clean sheets every day. Tea available when ever you want it. En suite bathrooms, free biscuits, lovely restaurant and the novelty of knowing you’re on holiday.

Do you enjoy hotel rooms? If so, why? If not, why not? Any interesting anecdotes?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 13 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

You’re on holiday in Cardiff?

Ps I have views to share on this subject but not while I’m on my phone!

This post has been edited by dandy*: Feb 13 2018, 05:01 PM

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 13 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

I am indeed! Two nights away during half term.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Feb 13 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #4
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I quite like staying in hotel rooms but I've had a few bad experiences.

The worst was probably when I stayed in a hotel in Manchester ten years with my mum, spent extra on a nicer room and when we got there we were told the room wasn't ready yet, so we could have a different room. It was on the top floor, had no windows, looked like it hadn't been stayed in since the 70s. I thought I'd ended up at the Overlook hotel from the Shining novel laugh.gif I decided that I hadn't spent half a months wages to stay in a room like that, so went to complain at the reception and we got moved to a really nice room, it was huge, had a separate living area and I was quite happy. Later that night after the gig when we got back to the hotel room and went to bed, we could hear a group of men in the next room shouting things that I don't want to describe. It was about 3am and I wanted to get up, go to the coach station and get the next coach back home. I was terrified. The next day we woke up to the news of car bombs being found in London, I don't know if they were connected but at the time I felt sick. We reported it to the hotel manager the next day (and got a free breakfast laugh.gif )

I've stayed in a few of the posher hotels in Manchester and Birmingham but I also love to stay in premier inns. Stayed in a couple recently when I was on my Scotland road trip for overnight stays and they have everything you need and the beds are usually comfortable.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Feb 13 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #5
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Yes

Especially love hotels if they’re abroad

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Feb 13 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #6
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

When we walked around Anglesey a few years back we stayed in hotel rooms pretty much every night, and most of them were really nice. The one main exception was Travelodge, which is BOILING in the summer, the windows only open millimetres and the beds were very hard. There was also one where the shower didn't fit in the holder and you literally had to hose yourself down laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 13 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #7
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

One of the perks of my job is getting to stay in quite nice hotels whilst on away work. Usually stock up on enough tea and coffee that I don't have to buy any for the next several months. Occasionally get the odd stinker if I don't book far enough in advance, like when I stayed in a Premier Inn in Slough which had dirty towels.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 13 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #8
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

Good old Slough wub.gif

I get what you mean T-Boy it's the small things! The moment you open your room door to discover what's on the other side is always a little bit exciting - every now and then you get a not as
good experience but it's usually just other people being loud late at night rather than the hotel's fault tbh.

My next hotel is also Cardiff - well Bridgend Travelodge... staying there next month for some ice skating tryouts!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Feb 13 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #9
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Like Brett I've staying in some NICE hotels with work. Last week was at a Swissotel in Berlin which was alright. I stayed on after the work thing on my own dime at a MotelOne and it was fairly decent, smaller than the Swissotel and not quite as luxurious but the pillows were better and it had a plug right by the bed instead of on the desk half a mile away from where it's actually useful.

I find that a lot with posher hotels, the plugs are not located for 21st century lifestyles. Or at least they're inconvenient AF for this commoner.

If I'm travelling for me then I really like Travelodge and Premier Inn. You get what you pay for and that is a comfy bed, decent bedding, an en-suite and some plug sockets. A lot of the time that's all I want from a hotel.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 14 2018, 03:18 AM
Post #10
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I love a hotel room too! I'm willing to pay more for a good hotel room while traveling. Even if there are cheaper options I feel it's worth it for the extra perks, ESPECIALLY if free breakfast is included tongue.gif Actually out of all the hotels I've been to I've never had a bad experience either.

Are you traveling by yourself, T Boy? Having a nice hotel room all to yourself is utter BLISS <3

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Feb 14 2018, 03:32 AM
Post #11
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Any hotel room that has an actual kitchen area is probably ideal for me. There was a hotel that my family and I stayed at when we went to Maui two years ago and it was exactly that and had an amazing view of the pool, so that was nice.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 14 2018, 04:26 AM
Post #12
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Reading all of this just reminded me that I haven't stayed in a hotel in almost two years cry.gif Last time I stayed in an actual hotel was in June/July 2016 sad.gif

I do love the feeling of being on holiday though, whether it's staying in a lush hotel or just a cheap motel (although I once stayed in a chalet infested with ants, and I mean INFESTED. The kettle was pouring with them...). I do hate camping though. It's just so much extra effort for no actual reason. A caravan is the very closest to camping you will ever get me to do these days, and even then that's a lot of work tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 14 2018, 11:46 AM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

The last time I stayed in a hotel room was as recently as last weekend haha. This was the Genting hotel in Birmingham as it is so close to the arena. It didn't come cheap so I was expecting a good experience there and it was indeed a very lovely stay. I do tend to have positive experiences at hotels so I look forward to these stays in question just like you, T Boy. It is always exciting to get away for the night and embrace the experience of being in a new room. This extends to apartments as well, I stayed in one in Nottingham to see The xx and that was probably the nicest place I have ever stayed overnight. So spacious and beautifully decorated. The least glamorous was probably in a pub room for my work experience last year kink.gif the initial experience was bad as Booking.com messed up our stay and had us booked in for the following day mellow.gif but luckily a guy who worked there tried his best to help us out and got us a room that night after all, then took us under his wing for the rest of the stay. So I was really appreciative of a staff member who really seemed to care.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Feb 14 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #14
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(Dexton @ Feb 14 2018, 04:26 AM) *
(although I once stayed in a chalet infested with ants, and I mean INFESTED. The kettle was pouring with them...).

Well this is my nightmare now. At least it wasn't spiders x

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Feb 14 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #15
Oxford and Cambridge
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Usually stay in Premier Inns and have never had a problem with them.

Hope you're having a good time in Cardiff T-Boy.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 14 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

I’m having an excellent time! I’m in a Premier Inn and I love the all you can eat breakfast buffet! Going home tomorrow, but I’m enjoying it whilst I’m here.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Feb 14 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #17
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

All you can eat breakfast <33

+Quote Post
JackJones
post Feb 15 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 15
   No Gallery Pics

I usually prefer to book apartments instead of hotel rooms. Or if I book hotels, then I prefer apartment-hotels. I don't use Airb&b usually for the apartments because by booking via Trivago or so you get great prices for great apartments. I was in something like 20-25 cities overnight last year and of those only like two or three were in proper hotels. I'd rather book a 100m2 apartment even if there is just two or three of us than a hotel room that might be a five-star hotel but the room is like 18m2. And the apartments have full kіtchen and almost always balconies that hotels rarely does unless it is a summer resort-destination.

I was in Dubai a few weeks back and there were no apartments available so I booked an apartment-hotel and they had messed my booking up and I got the wrong room. The marina view from balcony was for the first night a view to a steel block with no balcony but I got the right room the next day. I was just today checking accommodations in Baku since I am going there next, some very nice choices there.

This post has been edited by JackJones: Feb 15 2018, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 16 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #19
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(5 Silas Frřkner @ Feb 13 2018, 06:38 PM) *
I find that a lot with posher hotels, the plugs are not located for 21st century lifestyles. Or at least they're inconvenient AF for this commoner.

THIS. Well, aside from the last 3 words anyway. kink.gif

But seriously, I get so annoyed when there aren't any plug sockets near the bed in a hotel room. Pretty much everyone surely charges their phone overnight and it's so much more convenient to do so on the bedside table.

Also - why on earth have they all started to put like a zillion unnecessary cushions on the bed? They must be filthy as all anyone does is throw them off the bed, I don't really want lots of cushions that have spent most of the past 5 years on the floor welcoming me where my head will be resting soon.

Having spent much of the past 4 years travelling, the #1 thing I look for in a hotel room is a fridge. Just having cold still water and somewhere to keep some fruit is pretty much the main thing for me now. Oh and somewhere that is actually quiet! It can be trendy as anything but if it's stuck somewhere that people are rowdy until 4am it can go whistle!

Aside from that, I'm rather fond of an Indigo Hotel. They colour co-ordinate their rooms, there are little touches of the same colour everywhere. If you're in a green room then the bathroom tiles will be green, the throw will be green, a part of the feature wall will be green, one of the black & white pictures will be tinted green, the arm chair will be green, the inside of the wardrobe and drawers will be green etc. I like the detail!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Feb 18 2018, 01:10 AM
Post #20
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Anyone watch dispatches his week there about the poor working and pay of hotel cleaning staff? Might put people off lol.

Stayed 2 weeks ago in the Grand Hotel Malahide which was lovely especially the breakfast but there was no fridge which was annoying!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 04:13 AM