BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> school shooting in Parkland, Florida, 17 dead, six hospitalized
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cody Salton
post Feb 15 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #1
I JUST HAD A VISION
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Yesterday someone shot up a school and 17 at the moment are dead, six more students hospitalized.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/14/us/pa...ooting.amp.html

This has gone on too far and it shows that the Feds have not learned from what happened in Vegas a couple months back. Where’s the gun control talk? Oh wait, all of the top 20 sponsors of the NRA are REPUBLICAN. THIS AIN’T THE HUNGER GAMES. WAKE THE F*CK UP.

And just so you know I will not believe a work the annoying orange has said in his sentiments until they actually do something about it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 15 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I was wondering when this thread would surface. It’s a horrific thing to have happened once again. I can’t see much changing with regards to gun law unfortunately, despite plenty of Americans speaking out against them.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Feb 15 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #3
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

It's sad and whole it's always going to be news, judging by the lack of reactions here and when the event unfolded, it just shows that we are probably becoming de-sentisised to these types of incidents.

I've said my piece before, but the sad truth is nothing is going to happen to change this in America until the gun licenses are severely tightened or just banned altogether.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 15 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #4
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

So horrible, targeting children just growing up and their educators assisting them is just so unfathomable sad.gif The shooter seemed like such a messed up and disturbed person as well reading about him, have to wonder how he was not institutionalised in the first place.

Ofc. the saddest thing yet again, is that nothing is going to change as a result of this.

+Quote Post
Jüpiter
post Feb 15 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #5
she works really hard for her money
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I kinda feel like American school is the kind of environment that makes this kind of thing more likely too. Relentless deadlines, treated like a child for the whole time even when a teenager, only one short break throughout the day, lots and lots of classes and homework, and huge school and class sizes all seem individually like a recipe for making kids stressed out and allowing certain people to slip through the cracks.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 15 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #6
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've said my piece before about American & guns, that I would love sensible gun control measures to be introduced in America, but I cannot see it happening. The Second Amendment is basically a secular religious doctrine for the USA, and if you know anything about belief systems, it is nigh on impossible to get someone to shake their deeply held beliefs.

Unfortunately, as political polarisation continues unabated in the USA, we are less and less likely to see what we really need, and that is a bipartisan bill that will bring about a start of sensible gun laws in America. The good news is that there is gun control legislation that has the approval of both Democrats & Republicans within the Senate, and as a kicker, it even has the backing of the NRA. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a unifying figure with enough persuasive power that can bring both parties together in order to pass legislation that will start to bring things in the right direction.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 15 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

The NRA buys a huge number of American politicians - the ones sending their thoughts and prayers. Talk is cheap and they only care about money. I don't know if there is a Hell, but they can all rot for all eternity for all they care about schoolkids.

The facts are clear: every nation that has experienced a mass school shooting, and brought in gun control subsequently, has not had a repeat. The NRA are to blame, and the morally corrupt politicians they own.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 15 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #8
It was only a mountain
Member No.: 19,534

I have two cousins who teach in that school district, but they both teach in elementary schools a few miles from that high school. Still, this is hitting way too close to home, relieved that they're okay but absolutely devastated at how many are not sad.gif

Apparently this is the biggest school shooting in US history, surpassing even Columbine. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and sure enough, here we are.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 15 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

This is a gut-wrenchingly awful tragedy sad.gif those poor kids and their teachers </3

Social media is giving me so many mixed emotions right now. It is heartwarming (but also devastating of course) to see friends of these victims paying tribute to their classmates and it is also good to see the outpouring of support for gun control. But then you see morons like Tomi Lahren from Fox News (says it all) tweeting things like "Can the Left let the families grieve for even 24 hours before they push their anti-gun and anti-gunowner agenda? My goodness. This isn't about a gun it's about another lunatic. #FloridaShooting" manson.gif except it totally IS about a gun and things HAVE to change, so it is extremely frustrating that they won't.

+Quote Post
Dircadirca
post Feb 16 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,614
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 16 2018, 06:21 AM) *
This is a gut-wrenchingly awful tragedy sad.gif those poor kids and their teachers </3

Social media is giving me so many mixed emotions right now. It is heartwarming (but also devastating of course) to see friends of these victims paying tribute to their classmates and it is also good to see the outpouring of support for gun control. But then you see morons like Tomi Lahren from Fox News (says it all) tweeting things like "Can the Left let the families grieve for even 24 hours before they push their anti-gun and anti-gunowner agenda? My goodness. This isn't about a gun it's about another lunatic. #FloridaShooting" manson.gif except it totally IS about a gun and things HAVE to change, so it is extremely frustrating that they won't.

It's pretty wild to think that families of shooting victims would be in any way comforted by people who do everything in their power to perpetuate the system that brought about their tragedies.

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Feb 16 2018, 07:24 AM
Post #11
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

what can you expect from that disgusting piece of white trash Tomi Lahren though...

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Feb 16 2018, 07:25 AM
Post #12
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

The main problem with gun control, is that a majority of gun crimes are not committed with legally-held guns - therefore removing them from law-abiding citizens has relatively little effect, and indeed leaves them more vulnerable.

Surely far better to identify unstable individuals - there are almost invariably signs - and act against them pre-emptively.

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Feb 16 2018, 07:30 AM
Post #13
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 16 2018, 10:25 AM) *
The main problem with gun control, is that a majority of gun crimes are not committed with legally-held guns - therefore removing them from law-abiding citizens has relatively little effect, and indeed leaves them more vulnerable.

Surely far better to identify unstable individuals - there are almost invariably signs - and act against them pre-emptively.

manson.gif manson.gif manson.gif

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mass+shootings+legally+obtained+guns

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 16 2018, 07:49 AM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 16 2018, 07:25 AM) *

Get out of here with that NRA bullshit. There's been 1 mass shooting in the UK since Dunblane, 0 in Australia since Port Arthur and 18 school shootings in America since the start of 2018. The statistics speak for themselves.

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Feb 16 2018, 08:24 AM
Post #15
ya ya ya i am lorde

people will ALWAYS be able to get guns illegally but in the US they are as cheap and easy to get as piss. gun crimes will continue regardless of what happens but tightening the laws would easily prevent so many of these shootings that had occurred or any non-mass gun crimes. i guess law-abiding people who own guns in order to protect themselves will have to muster up the courage to live in a world where buying and waving a gun when you have next to ZERO experience with it is no longer as easy as pick out your vegetables for a sunday meal. other countries have succeeded at that.

and it's not possible to get rid of 'mentally unstable' people. what criteria are they/you proposing? rounding and locking up anyone who is showing specific signs of distress? how would that even work? what's preventing people who express anti-social behaviour and are just depressed without any intent of harming others from being suspected of being a "future terrorist"? this opens up a leeway to detain anyone you personally don't like. manson.gif manson.gif you spew out so much bullshit here parroting what other twitter-famous clowns say but this is one of the worst and stupidest things

the next step towards a solution is so obvious yet f***tards like yourself are so up their own arses they can't see something that's right in front of them in favour of some illusion that simply doesn't work

This post has been edited by ionderella: Feb 16 2018, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Feb 16 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #16
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ionderella @ Feb 16 2018, 07:30 AM) *

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp...m=.0492ba753656

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 16 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #17
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

and maybe if there were less guns in circulation it would be harder for criminals to get a hold of them, but of course this is America where guns are a sacred right so that won't change easily. also, the perpetrator of this incident got his gun legally.

sad to hear this has happened yet again. sad.gif

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Feb 16 2018, 10:35 AM
Post #18
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ionderella @ Feb 16 2018, 08:24 AM) *
people will ALWAYS be able to get guns illegally but in the US they are as cheap and easy to get as piss. gun crimes will continue regardless of what happens but tightening the laws would easily prevent so many of these shootings that had occurred or any non-mass gun crimes. i guess law-abiding people who own guns in order to protect themselves will have to muster up the courage to live in a world where buying and waving a gun when you have next to ZERO experience with it is no longer as easy as pick out your vegetables for a sunday meal. other countries have succeeded at that.

I doubt it'll work like that in practice, at least in America. They still have Grand Juries of ordinary people who decide which cases get to court, and it seems unlikely that any clear case of self-defence by a law-abiding person, even with a gun they had their right to own taken away from them, would ever get to court. Even if it did, then there's a strong probability that they will be acquitted by jury nullification.

and it's not possible to get rid of 'mentally unstable' people. what criteria are they/you proposing? rounding and locking up anyone who is showing specific signs of distress? how would that even work? what's preventing people who express anti-social behaviour and are just depressed without any intent of harming others from being suspected of being a "future terrorist"? this opens up a leeway to detain anyone you personally don't like. manson.gif manson.gif
I made no mention of *internment* - I was merely thinking more along the lines of monitoring.

you spew out so much bullshit here parroting what other twitter-famous clowns say but this is one of the worst and stupidest things

the next step towards a solution is so obvious yet f***tards like yourself are so up their own arses they can't see something that's right in front of them in favour of some illusion that simply doesn't work

There is absolutely no need to be abusive, especially when I expressed my opinion in a polite manner. nono.gif

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Feb 16 2018, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
Queef of Skreech
post Feb 16 2018, 10:37 AM
Post #19
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 16 2018, 07:25 AM) *

Such a ridiculous right wing cop out.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Feb 16 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #20
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Shia LeMuffQueef @ Feb 16 2018, 10:37 AM) *
Such a ridiculous right wing cop out.

Why am I not surprised that you'd make a comment like that - it's because lefties pander to criminals that we have such crime problems in the first place.

Nikolas Cruz needs to end up in the electric chair for the heinous crimes he committed!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 01:20 PM