BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Culinary experimentation, Food Science, the most delicious of all sciences
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post Feb 17 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #1
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

So as I'm heading away for work tomorrow for a week, I'm in the process of running down the perishable food that I have in the house before I leave so I don't come home to a stinky fridge next Friday. I decided to a bit of experimentation with some quite disparate food still left to see what I could come up with. Being left with a bag of iceberg lettuce, some cheddar & a jar of duck pate, I decided to fry the whole lot together in a wok with a little bit of oil, then added some paprika & soy sauce for flavour. The results were...interesting, to say the least. It was quite a salty taste as a result of the pate, and in the end it was too rich for me and I ended up throwing quite a lot of it out. At the very least, I know that's one culinary dish that isn't for me.

Have any of you tried any interesting or unorthodox food experiments? If so, how did they turn out for you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Feb 17 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Someone put a spoonful of jam in my pack of cheese & onion crisps once and it wasn't even that gross, like I ate them all

Omg I put a double chocolate cookie in a ham sandwich once too and it was actually great, but the mayo didn't really work

This post has been edited by BridgeCow: Feb 17 2018, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 18 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #3
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Iím the predominant Ďchefí in my house, partly because Iím the only one who can be bothered cooking something more than Shepardís pie (yuck) or Bolognese, partly because I actually enjoy experimenting tongue.gif

One recipe Iíve come up with which I admit is amazing; and many others also agree, is for chilli con carne. Itís basically made the same early on but once the mince mixture is cooked, I sprinkle a breadcrumb/herb/cheese mixture on top and shove it in the oven for 15 minutes to crisp up on top. It comes out like a savory chilli crumble and is amazing on top of rice or potato wedges. Iíve also put about half a teaspoon of chocolate powder in the chilli before too, as long as you donít put too much in it doesnít oversweeten it but it can really bring out the chilli smile.gif

I also used tinned salmon instead of tinned tuna once when I wanted a tuna & sweetcorn toastie laugh.gif not bad but I preferred tuna tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 09:52 PM