BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LITTER
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post Feb 18 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #1
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I cannot abide when people litter. It’s just the worst! I hate that people have no respect for their immediate environment and are so lazy they can’t just use the bins provided for them. I see it all the time at school and it’s something my mum complains about in her local village (which is one of the reasons my parents are plannnjng to move after almost 19 years.)

I remember when I was about 12, a friend told me to drop my litter on the ground when I was going to put it in the bin. Apparently using bins wasn’t cool. That moment always stuck with me because I couldn’t figure out why me using a bin would bother anyone.

So do you litter? Do you think it’s disgusting and lazy? Why do you think some people can’t just use a bin?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Feb 18 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Tell me about it. Our street's not as bad now as it was a few months ago since we got a petition up for them to sweep it more often and he comes round every day. Near a school so they just drop their drink cans, crisp and sweet wrappers. They can't put any bins as the yobs just set fire to them. There used to be bins outside the corner shop and chicken takeaway as well as three along our road for the school kids. They were set on fire weekly though so now they've all gone as the fore brigade were sick of having to come out.

We also have a big fly-tipping problem here in Newham but the council's cracking down and fined hundreds last year. I see at the end of our street today is a double bed, mattress and chest of drawers! rolleyes.gif That's because the council charges £15 to remove up to 5 items so they don't want to pay it. If it was free there'd be a massive drop in fly-tipping.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Feb 18 2018, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 18 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #3
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Well if anyone actually does litter on here, just know that we can never be friends x

But srsly it's disgusting and one of our worst attributes. There is literally no excuse, even worse when people do it in rural environments like forests or the pond :/ (and this includes gum, there is so much of it I see stuck on pavements/behind stair rails, it's sickening puke.gif).

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 18 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

One thing I forgot to mention is that I’ve noticed an increase in litter thrown from cars. Like, the nearest McDonalds is 15 minutes drive from me, so why else would I find McDonalds litter in my village? Vile.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Feb 18 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

It should never be encouraged.

+Quote Post
Conderella
post Feb 18 2018, 04:27 PM
Post #6
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

in Germany and Spain people leave things like empty bottles or cans in the street for recycling purposes (someone will take them and get some $) which is the only type of littering i would encourage.

Russia is absolutely disgusting in that way. People don't care about the environment at all. Streets are full of garbage. There is a recycling movement starting to happen but it's SO minor you will need to look very hard for separate recycling garbage bins.

This post has been edited by ionderella: Feb 18 2018, 04:27 PM

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Feb 18 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #7
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

The countryside is a beautiful place, it sickens me to always see so much litter around. Encouraging kids to go on litterpicks is a start but it can only go so far.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 18 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

Walking to the local shopping centre earlier this afternoon and the woman in front of me legit picked up every single piece of litter she walked past. It was ridiculous! Felt really sorry for her as well because why on Earth is that her responsibility when people should be using a f***ing bin as intended?!

+Quote Post
¡ʎpp∀
post Feb 18 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

You should all come and walk in Manhattan streets...disgusting sad.gif

You would think that the capital city of finance, fashion, advertising and business should look more clean and decent. And on top of that, it is home to the United Nations.

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Feb 18 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #10
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

If you tell kids to pick what they discarded round here, you probably get a smack in the face, especially when they are several of them together against one person, I try to avoid the situation, no point in telling them to pick up the litter.

I do hate it when drivers flick their lighted butt ends out of their car window. idiots.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Feb 18 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #11
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

People sticking their chewed gum everywhere is the absolute worst. puke.gif

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Feb 18 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

People sticking gum under tables and stuff annoys me so much too, like why not keep it in your mouth for an extra 5 mins before you find a bin or something it irritates me so bad, at least most other litter can be picked up after, gum just sticks to anything and is such a pain

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 18 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Littering is so nasty! There is no way I would ever do it and I really don't get why people can't just put their rubbish in a bin. My town looks so messy in places which really bugs me. However, the council recently announced a very costly action plan over the next decade to sort things out here and there was recently a surge in littering fines. So I live in hope that one day some parts of the town will look better. Our council is not renowned for being good with their money though kink.gif and there are disrespectful people who litter despite the precautions in place anyway. Just why. For now, the town centre in particular looks unpleasant and there's a real chewing gum problem. I luckily live in quite a tidy part of the town but it is bad that one of the main attractions looks unappealing.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Feb 18 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #14
Yoncé all on his mouth like liquor.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

People need strict fines if caught littering - how else will people learn???

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Feb 18 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #15
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

Also over flowing bins that don't get emptied is a nuisance round here, there was a fox rummaging through the rubbish last week outside late at night wsith scraps of food everywhere littering the place, I wish people put their food in their waste food caddy and chuck it in the brown bins, instead of their household waste.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 19 2018, 12:39 AM
Post #16
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

Litter thrown from cars is a never-ending problem where I live. What exactly is wrong with waiting until you arrive at your destination, to take your empty wrappers and throw them in a trash can? I would never ever think to throw trash out of a car window so the mindset absolutely baffles me.

I'm always finding a food wrapper or empty McDonalds cup in the front yard, and I never see anyone walking (the only sidewalk is across the street) so it clearly came from a car. Usually it's while I'm mowing the grass so I have to stop what I'm doing to pick the litter up before the mower shreds it into a hundred pieces drama.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Feb 19 2018, 08:06 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Feb 18 2018, 04:44 PM) *
If you tell kids to pick what they discarded round here, you probably get a smack in the face, especially when they are several of them together against one person, I try to avoid the situation, no point in telling them to pick up the litter.

Here in East London you'd probably get shot, knived or sprayed with acid. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Feb 19 2018, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Feb 19 2018, 08:08 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Feb 18 2018, 06:32 PM) *
Also over flowing bins that don't get emptied is a nuisance round here, there was a fox rummaging through the rubbish last week outside late at night wsith scraps of food everywhere littering the place,

They said last week that the number of urban foxes has tripled in the last 25 years. We see loads, even in the daytime and they're on the lookout for food. Our dog saw one off that was in our back yard.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Feb 19 2018, 08:09 AM

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Feb 19 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I always find it exasperating looking at the beach in the evening after a sunny day in the summer. The amount of litter is disgusting. The people who leave it have carried a whole load of stuff to the beach. Why can't they carry a smaller volume of stuff back with them when they leave? Yet these same people expect to see a nice clean beach when they arrive in the morning.

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Feb 19 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #20
Oxford and Cambridge
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Even when I drop something accidentally, I pick it up. I always do my best to recycle as well. The bus stop in the village here has two bins beside it, every morning the street cleaner has to sweep the bus shelter out and put the rubbish in the bin.... dry.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 11:25 AM