BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things you don't like to talk about, you don't even have to talk about them here tbh
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Q.
post Feb 24 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #1
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

out from under my rock (it's getting pretty comfy under there!) to create this thread ~

All of us have things we enjoy talking about / discussing, hence being on a discussion forum. But I was wondering if there are specific things or areas of conversation that you find yourself squirming inside at the possibility of having to talk about? Either here or in real life.

My answer coming soon, lemme think and formulate for a bit happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Feb 24 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

Sports, Trump, Theresa May, conservative politics, really gruesome stuff about genital pain and bad torture methods, teeth and dentists

+Quote Post
Q.
post Feb 24 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #3
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

For me, generally I get nervous when the conversation turns to things I have little knowledge about. Normally that would be things like politics. I'm getting more interested in it but to get me to pitch into a political discussion usually has to involve me being with someone who I know very well and don't feel like they could potentially eat me for having a certain view ph34r.gif So I've had a few interesting political talks with people I'm close to but that's about it.

I also have a thing with not talking about (my) financial matters unless it's with someone I trust. I think that possibly comes from my grandmother who told me when I was a kid that I should keep things like that private which I totally get. I was little and had asked my pen pal how much money she had mellow.gif oh to be a stupid kid again....

I also have always had a problem talking about other people's business. I'm generally really non-judgmental (sometimes to a fault! lol) and don't like feeling like I'm butting into someone else's stuff. So when I have to talk about someone else's problems or something like that, I tend to be really careful and sometimes even experience slight guilt.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 24 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

What I want to do after I leave Uni. I appreciate that people take an interest but I can't give more of an answer than the vague "something to do with journalism". It freaks me out to think about what I will be doing even just a few months down the line and I don't like the pressure put on me to figure my whole life out. Talk to me about my University course, fine, but I don't want to properly cross the bridge of what to do next until closer to the time.

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Feb 24 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

Also I an unemployed right now due to mental health issues so I don't like when people ask me what I do for a living as I find it really awkward and I feel like a failure for not working.

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 24 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #6
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

What I want to do with my life
What I want for birthdays and Christmas
My own mental health

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Feb 24 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #7
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, when I was unemployed/studying, the absolute worst question was 'how's the job hunt going?/'What's next?', like srsly there wasn't a day that went by I wasn't thinking about that internally so I didn't wanna have to talk about it and putting my mind back to it.

I'm not huge on talking about myself in social situations in all honesty as I feel a bit on the spot sometimes, I prefer topics of interest that I can relate to my own experience. I particularly have hate for the question 'what do you do for fun/outside of work yadda yadda', cos idk if my idea of fun probably corresponds with people ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Q.
post Feb 24 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #8
elusive
   No Gallery Pics

yeah I also never enjoy(ed) that question of what my 'next step' is in terms of things like study / employment, eek! For me it never seems to get much better really, I am so slow at figuring my life out. I have a job now and am studying part-time but I know in my heart that I'd like to do something more fulfilling with myself, I just don't seem to be able to figure out what exactly that is or how to go about it. I jump around in my interests a bit and find it difficult to have direction. Also, you try find good opportunities related to my interests in this town! sleep.gif And I've just moved house so I can't bear thinking about moving to a city right now!!! ughhh [/rant]

QUOTE(Tombo @ Feb 24 2018, 08:07 PM) *
bad torture methods

lol x

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Feb 24 2018, 11:05 PM
Post #9
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Literally anything personal, especially regarding my "love life" or lack there of . Ive said it before but i am so open on here or even on the likes of messenger compared to how i am irl, i loathe talking about myself in any capacity really that's not a form of self deprecation kink.gif.

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Feb 24 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #10
Close the door behind you, please.
Member No.: 1,454

Death/dying, politics, religion, weight/dieting/things to do with that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 09:51 PM