BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Consumption Preferences
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
What Are Your Consumption Preferences?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 73
Guests cannot vote 
Midge
post Feb 25 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #1
I just think I'm neat
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

What are your consumption preferences?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Feb 25 2018, 12:19 PM
Post #2
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I've said streaming but it doesn't fully show how I consume music because I stream daily for going to work etc from Apple Music but I also buy physical copies on vinyl of albums I end up loving plus classic albums since stopping buying cds.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 25 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #3
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

18-23
Yes I prefer streaming music
Yes but I prefer streaming music

More due to the easy access but I hope the physical copy industry doesn't die out, there's something pleasing about buying the copy, taking it home, opening it up and playing it for the first time and being able to have it on your shelf for your own, quite similar to DVDs!

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Feb 25 2018, 12:23 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Vast majority I consume through streaming. I only purchase physical copies of albums I specifically want or like enough to buy, for instance I only bought one album last year which was Gang Signs & Prayer.

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 25 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #5
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I'm 20 and I just about exclusively stream, only download if the song isn't on Spotify. I love Spotify too.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 25 2018, 01:01 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Iím 29, stream only very rarely if thereís something I havenít got and only want to hear once, I do the whole download/physical thing and will probably do so until Iím forced otherwise.

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Feb 25 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #7
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I'm 20 and my preference is definitely to download or buy physical copies. I like to collect CDs so that's part of it but I'll always prefer being in control of my own iTunes library (plus I prefer the interface to Spotify). I use Spotify Premium when walking to and from work though, now that my iPod's gone bust.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 25 2018, 01:46 PM
Post #8
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I have Spotify Premium so I can listen without ads and also save some for offline listening (more recently, listening to BJSC semi's on the train tongue.gif). Although Spotify for me is mostly listening to new releases (which I also do on youtube tbf) or throwing on a personal Throwbacks playlist I made based on weeks & weeks of different Throwback Thursday playlists with some extra stuff added myself tongue.gif Over 1300 songs on there now and great for just background nostalgia

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Feb 25 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

I donít stream at all. I prefer buying CDs or failing that downloads but canít beat the physical CD!

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Feb 25 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

I stream, jumped into it from the very beginning
I have got into itunes so basically transitioned from buying CDs to streaming
But for my top favourites, I buy vinyl
since I started collecting vinyl, I have never bought a CD again

+Quote Post
Midge
post Feb 25 2018, 08:53 PM
Post #11
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I like the vinyl idea for albums I really like. Do all albums get vinyl releases these days???

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Feb 25 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #12
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Not all of them.. ^

Anyway, Iím 17 and streaming is definitely the way to go. I will buy copies on iTunes but thatís only when the song is close to a chart achievement (top 10/#1). Most recently I purchased Rita Oraís ĎAnywhereí 5 times in order to try and get it to #1.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 25 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

I think it's great that I've grown up with physicals originally, then downloads and now streaming with also the vinyl resurgence! So much choice!
I at the moment definitely prefer to stream! I've had Spotify for 9 years now *.* but if there's an album I really want you just cannot beat having the physical thing there.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Feb 26 2018, 08:05 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

I think nowadays most new albums are realeased on vinyl, at least for the kind of artist that i like, alt-indie-singer-songwriter music

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Feb 26 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I'm 58 and don't stream or download. Buy the occasional CD and the last few have been 70's compilations and Now Country.

+Quote Post
GTH
post Feb 26 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #16
Gareth Thomas Hughes
Member No.: 10,597
   No Gallery Pics

Yes to streaming and download. I mostly stream nowadays though. If I download a song/buy a cd now it is more to support an artist I follow or just want to do well.

+Quote Post
JŁpiter
post Feb 28 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #17
you only love me on the internet
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(GTH @ Feb 26 2018, 09:56 PM) *

Yes to streaming and download. I mostly stream nowadays though. If I download a song/buy a cd now it is more to support an artist I follow or just want to do well.

This is exactly me as well.

Except I'm not 26.

Because I have an ipod I like owning copies of stuff, also that means I don't use huge amounts of data just to listen to music out and about.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Feb 28 2018, 02:17 AM
Post #18
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

What category does your age fall into? 24-30 (I'm 30)
Do you like to consume music by streaming? Yes and I prefer streaming music
Do you like to consume music by purchasing a copy and playing it? Yes but I prefer streaming music

The last two choices represents a very recent change of heart!

Up until the end of 2017, I was continuing to legally download my favourite new songs (mostly via iTunes). I was also buying CDs of any albums that took my fancy, to rip them to iTunes. I only used Spotify for songs that I didn't feel compelled to buy.

This year, I made the decision that I would use Spotify for all current songs, and therefore stop downloading. I've also not bought any CD albums this year so far. If I really love the artist then I will buy a physical copy (for example, I feel like I'd always want to continue buying Britney Spears' CD/Vinyl releases - I've collected so much of her stuff that I don't think I'd want to bring that to an end!). Otherwise, I'll just use Spotify. I mean, as much as I'm enjoying Camila Cabello's new album, I'm not that passionate about her to feel a need to own it on CD, when I could just listen via Spotify. So my CD album buying is definitely going to take a downturn.

Ultimately I've made the decision to stream music so that I save some money. Albeit I am paying for Spotify Premium, but I feel like £9.99 a month is worth it, and more cost effective than downloading songs at 99p a time (I was certainly downloading a lot more than 10 songs a month!).

I've not totally abandoned iTunes though, because I have such a large library... I'm still using the program for older songs. Most of my music listening tends to focus on current/new songs though, so I'm using Spotify a lot more.

+Quote Post
M4NG0
post Feb 28 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 151

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Feb 25 2018, 09:00 PM) *
I think it's great that I've grown up with physicals originally, then downloads and now streaming with also the vinyl resurgence! So much choice!
I at the moment definitely prefer to stream! I've had Spotify for 9 years now *.* but if there's an album I really want you just cannot beat having the physical thing there.

This is basically exactly me too!

I have a "current" playlist on spotify which I update every week but I also sometimes listen to older stuff on spotify, and of course I always check out the New Music Friday playlist every week.

But because I've got so many CDs sitting on the shelf gathering dust, I've recently decided to listen to all of them, so I'm now going through them alphabetically and playing them one by one in the car on my way to and from work. I've got through all the As and I'm on Bastille at the moment smile.gif

This post has been edited by M4NG0: Feb 28 2018, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post
Catherine91
post Feb 28 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 22,774
   No Gallery Pics

I'm 26 and downloads are my main way of consuming music. I use Spotify Free as premium costs more than I normally spend on music each month. I only buy one or two CDs a year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 04:33 AM