BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Potholes, How bad are the roads where you live?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Feb 25 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

No doubt this harsh winter has taken its toll on some road surfaces near you. How bad is it where you live?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Feb 25 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #2
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Fine

+Quote Post
Bitch
post Feb 25 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #3
Y'alls worst nightmare
Member No.: 16,660

I live in Belgium, we are listed as one of the worst countries when it comes to roads

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Feb 25 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

We have loads. Apparently the council have just approved money to get them all fixed though.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 25 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #5
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Ruddy terrible, thanks to Stormont breaking down the roads & maintenance infrastructure has been depleted, so the problem's getting worse by the day. Thankfully I haven't damaged the car as a result, but it's only a matter of time.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Feb 25 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Some proper nasty ones on my usual commute to work & back.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Feb 25 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #7
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Alright thankfully since both villages I frequent have had the roads resurfaced in the last six months.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Feb 26 2018, 03:51 PM
Post #8
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I thought the roads were bad where I live, just outside of Manchester, until we were driving on & around the B862 in Scotland. Some of the potholes were that bad, roadwork cones had been left in them to warn drivers until they could be repaired ohmy.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausofTove
post Feb 26 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #9
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Strange that you make this thread now, as i've noticed such a horrible decline in the state of the roads recently. The potholes are humongous and everywhere! Councils really should do more to fill them!

One tactic i've heard about is graffiti-ing a penis outline around the pothole as apparently the council have no choice but to fill and remove that immediately if it's done laugh.gif Might need to invest in some spraypaint thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 27 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #10
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

We tend to get loads of potholes every winter, although I've barely driven anywhere lately so haven't seen what the roads are like. My road looks fine, it's a state road and they take good care of it. I work with my town's road department and they do a great job on limited funding. The only pothole complaints I've heard are for county roads which we're not in charge of, but I recall numerous complaints about them so they must be pretty bad!

+Quote Post
travis
post Mar 1 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #11
bombay black galactic jack
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

Pennsylvania has pretty awful roads, PennDOT (our state's department of transportation, which is pretty much in charge of all road-related things) is notorious for being lazy and not great. But to make matters even worse, there's seemingly ALWAYS construction on many major roads that never seems to change or progress. Like there are roads that have been 'being worked on' since before I was born that are still under construction. It's so bad.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 1 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

The roads round me are really good, but I live in a busy area by some major thoroughfares so they tend to the roads kept up to date first. There is a manhole cover that needs reset on the approach to the weirdo roundabout/junction at the bottom of Trafford road that I hit every single damned time I'm heading towards Chorlton and it's been like that since I moved here.

There's a crater on one of the exit roads from the Trafford Centre that I worry might actually swallow my car.

QUOTE(troublepink @ Feb 26 2018, 03:51 PM) *
I thought the roads were bad where I live, just outside of Manchester, until we were driving on & around the B862 in Scotland. Some of the potholes were that bad, roadwork cones had been left in them to warn drivers until they could be repaired ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Yeah we had a hole like that on a backroad where I grew up, it got so bad the hole ate the cone!! Took them about a decade but they did eventually repair it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 09:52 PM