BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snow Day 2018, Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow ☃️❄️
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Mar 2 2018, 08:20 AM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

What are your plans today? Do you need to travel in these conditions?

How does the snowfall we have experienced this winter compare to previous years?

What memories do you have of snow days in the past, maybe ones from your childhood?

This post has been edited by awardinary: Mar 2 2018, 08:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Mar 2 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #2
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

We have had hardly any snow here cry.gif the last time we got some really good snow was in 2010. Its like we're living in a different world than what is on the news. It is really cold though and windy today, so I'm staying in. Its my normal day/night off anyway so I didnt have any plans smile.gif

The last good snowfall I experienced was probably in 2012 when I was in Scotland, it was probably the most snow I had ever seen and it was perfect.

Winters from my childhood were awesome. My parents live on a hill with lots of fields close by. Their house is on the bend of the road, next-door-but-one to a huge field so there were always snow drifts on that corner, and we were literally snowed in a lot as we couldn't get the cars through the snow.

I live for winter and cold weather, so this weeks weather has been perfect for me, or would have been if we had had a decent amount of snow. The only time it has bothered me this week was the other night at work when there was no heating on. I don't mind the cold temperatures, but when I'm inside a building and wearing 6 layers of clothing and I'm STILL cold, its 3am and I'm tired from work... yeah that bothers me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 2 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #3
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Despite almost every other college in nearby vicinity closing and a pretty large amount of snow/ice, mine insists on still being open :/ Gonna be a fun day of having naff all to do.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 2 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

3 hours to get home from work yesterday - left early at 3 as snow started to settle on roads and the entire traffic grid across Bournemouth and Poole ground to a halt, main road arteries in Dorset ground to a halt, and trains stranded. Homeless people still sleeping rough, ambulances stuck on hills in front of me, and hilly Poole and Bournemouth found people trying to rev up the hill creating slush and making the problems worse because they have no idea how to drive in these conditions.

It's sort of a metaphor for Brexit and the UK in general. They know it's coming, there were plenty of warnings, but everyone goes La la la and there is nothing prepared, no snow ploughs, and everyone turns into neanderthals when the problem arrives, blocking traffic junctions because they are fed up waiting, which causes all other road users unable to move, which then collapses all movement on all roads leading to the traffic lights and roundabouts as everyone goes all man and woman for him and herself.

My main bright light were young lads and men without cars having to walk home in the snow covered footpaths, volunteering push cars up hills so traffic keeps flowing, and ambulances trying to get past. Hope for the future...

I also include myself as an idiot, cos the roads were snow covered and i skidded into the kerb more than once going round downhill bends at 2mph and I should have gone home at lunchtime. Trouble is the media go over the top when they have no need to - so when it really IS going to be bad it's a case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Mar 2 2018, 09:19 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

Iím off today, my schools open but I really cba with going out in the cold today when yesterday made me want to die, my bus was like an hour late so I was standing at the bus stop for an hour in the heavy snow, I fell over probs at least 5 times ffs Iím so done with the snow rn

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 2 2018, 10:06 AM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

School is closed which Iím glad of just because this week has been horrific. Iím going to lounge around the house and do whatever I want.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 2 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #7
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I need to leave for work at 2pm which is fine but I really cba

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 2 2018, 12:43 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My University is closed today but Friday is usually an independent study day for my course anyway, so it's like a regular daytime Friday for me. Just planning to do an essay (an evaluative one, so all referencing is going to feel super shoehorned) and any other work until the chart show really.

Had the surreal experience of seeing a clip of my primary school headteacher (he's been there since its inception in 2002) singing 'Let It Go' with tweaked lyrics on This Morning earlier, as a way to announce the school's closure today ("school is cloooosed, school is cloooosed" *_*) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 2 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #9
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Can this please stop, we've had no water since Wednesday drama.gif it's all well and good when you're a kid and get a snow day but it's really f***ing annoying disrupting everything

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Mar 2 2018, 12:48 PM
Post #10
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Member No.: 13,530

My school is shut, I read the email out to the group of TAs/cover supervisors in the staff room yesterday and everybody cheered laugh.gif Think we were even more delighted than the kids :') Not doing anything special today, have used it for an extra long lie-in wub.gif and I can now host the (much reduced) chart show at 3 laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jacob~
post Mar 2 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #11
Jacob Alan~
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Everything's been shut this week at uni so I've had Wednesday and yesterday off which was so nice. Couldn't believe we got so much this far southwest/ close to the sea. Felt so much like a kid, I've been sledding, attempting to build a snowman (was too powdery, was beautifully powdery tho). It's started thawing now and I think it's over here (plus I live in walking distance of work which I have this evening).

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 2 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #12
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

It's a snow day here too actually, we had 3 or 4 inches dumped on us overnight after it rained all day yesterday! I have to work of course but it's just a short walk and I'm used to these blizzards. The snow seems to be done now anyway so I may venture out later if the roads are clear.

I've heard it's been a crazy week there, how many inches of snow have y'all had? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Mar 2 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Been snowing heavily here in East London since 3pm so adding to the now frozen three inches we had yesterday.

Daughter took me to the big Sainsbury's which used to be a Savacentre and half the shelves were empty, notably bottled water and soft drinks, bread, meat and fish. Panic buying or maybe delayed deliveries to re-stock?

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Mar 2 2018, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Mar 2 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Snow is just the worst thing ever.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Mar 2 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #15
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I had to go in to work and carry my bike through drifts that were up to my thighs - I've never seen snow like this before !

Thankfully for us in the south a slow thaw will start tomorrow.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Mar 2 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #16
oh, the less i know the better
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

work was closed today so i went snowboarding with some friends and it was honestly the most fun i've had in months - fab to be able to meet people for once instead of being trapped inside all day and being too exhausted to go out after. this snow can stay for a few more days pls

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 2 2018, 10:06 PM
Post #17
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

There's people looting the Lidl in Dublin - clowns!

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Mar 2 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #18
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Went and had brunch at a local cafe this morning and have spent the rest of the day playing uno, poker and fortnite :í)

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Mar 2 2018, 10:24 PM
Post #19
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I work in a hospital, and our office is based in the oldest part of the hospital. The windows are SO old that snow came through the windows! I gather that the strong gusts we had blew it through the windows drama.gif

We couldnít type as honestly it was even too cold to type! Couldnít even leave early :/

I slipped over a couple of times on the 4 mile journey back laugh.gif but honestly, the snow this evening was terrible.

I hate snow.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Mar 3 2018, 07:27 AM
Post #20
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

It's ironic that when schools are closed to 'keep kids safe' the same kids are quite happy to hurl themselves down slippery slopes on flimsy sledges, or throw lumps of ice at each other... heehee.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2018 - 05:56 PM