BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monthly Lounge Recognition: February 2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Mar 3 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hello everyone hi.gif we would like to recognise the following in The Lounge for the month of February:
  • Best poster for February 2018: Dexton
We had two particular posters in mind this time just like last month! So once again this was not easy. But after some behind-the-scenes discussion, we decided to award this to Dexton! We felt that he boosted activity a lot during February and The Lounge really got to know him more, as one of our newer posters around this part of the site (he is one of our rare 2017 newbies that hasn't just posted in 'Welcome To The Lounge' and then disappeared forevermore kink.gif). A lot of his topics seemed to relate to either music or food, which resulted in a lot of discussion as they were such inclusive and BuzzJack-friendly topics. Shoutout to 'songs that have aged awfully' in particular which really seemed to go down well with a lot of Lounge regulars. Keep up the good work Dexton, congrats!
  • Best threads for February 2018:
01) What is your favourite song from each Artist forum Artist? by Cameron

Our first choice this month was a simple but effective idea from Cameron! He asked us to name our favourite song by every act who currently has an Artist Forum on the site. This was an extremely inclusive topic that received a lot of praise from those who posted in it, claiming that they loved the idea. And we did too! It was interesting to see the differences in opinions, where some members would have half of the same choices as others but then no matches whatsoever with some members! The only pity is that Michelle McManus doesn't have an AF yet so we couldn't find yet another excuse to worship 'All This Time'. kink.gif Congrats Cameron, this was a great idea that really appealed to Lounge posters!

02) Best and Worst year of your life so far! by Maurice

Next up is Spice Girls (and One Direction x) moderator Maurice who brought this thread to the table in February! He thought that 2018 could be a particularly great year for him with a Spice Girls reunion on the cards (hopefully it is the full works with tour and everything to really make the year special for him *turns out to be Viva Forever The Musical Part 2*) and in turn asked us to think about the most positive and negative years of our lives so far! This was a really thought-provoking topic as it's not often when you actually sit down and truly think about this particular subject. It was a great community learning experience to get to know more about the highest and lowest moments from our posters here on BuzzJack. Nice one Maurice!

03) Your Birth #1 Single by awardinary

This was another simple but effective topic! Wardy was surprised to learn that we had never discussed what our birth #1 singles were in The Lounge before and so was I tbh, as it seems pretty strange that it hadn't happened before on a place like BuzzJack (maybe it was a chart topic at some point? idk). Anyway, Wardy finally brought it here and the discussion started flowing almost immediately! Everyone was born at some point (kink.gif) so this was another topic that was super inclusive. It was interesting to see what songs people got and amusing to laugh at how bad some of them were - our poor topic starter just to name one. Congrats Wardy for making it on here again, keep up the good work!

Congrats to all of our February winners!

- The Lounge Mod team x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 3 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #2
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

omg @ me being relevant

+Quote Post
The Snake
post Mar 3 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #3
Hiss.
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 3 2018, 10:52 PM) *
omg @ me being relevant

omg @ awardinary being awardinary

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Mar 3 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #4
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Thank you guys. heart.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 4 2018, 10:16 AM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Congratulations guys! Really was difficult choosing these!

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Mar 4 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Those were some really nice threads picked out.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Mar 4 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #7
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Oh what! ohmy.gif Thanks guys wub.gif I never posted in the “Welcome to the lounge” thread did I oops, well I guess it’s too late now and I’ll keep my mystery as part of my legacy (laugh.gif) Congrats to the top posts too, just realised I’ve only commented on one though tongue.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Mar 4 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #8
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

The people who don't post in the welcome thread ironically tend to be more likely to stick around anyway. I don't think I did either.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 4 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #9
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I don’t even know if there was a welcome thread when I started #old

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Mar 4 2018, 11:39 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Likewise, I didn't even know what The Lounge was till about after 2 months, I only posted in the UK Charts Forum initially.

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Mar 4 2018, 12:35 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,543

Well done to all the winners this month!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 4 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #12
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats guys! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Bré
post Mar 4 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #13
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Yeah the welcome thread is a bit of a poisoned chalice, the occasional new members we get that actually do stick around are nearly always ones that avoid that thread laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 5 2018, 02:02 AM
Post #14
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(danG @ Mar 4 2018, 06:29 AM) *
The people who don't post in the welcome thread ironically tend to be more likely to stick around anyway. I don't think I did either.

QUOTE(T Boy @ Mar 4 2018, 06:38 AM) *
I don’t even know if there was a welcome thread when I started #old
When I joined it was the New Members Forum and everyone got to make their own introduction thread!

These are great choices, especially Dexton for being quite the all-rounder recently, congrats!

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Mar 5 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #15
Oxford and Cambridge
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Well done to the winners.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 08:01 AM