BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Distractions
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 11 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #1
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

So yesterday I pulled a mini-experiment on myself. The more eagle-eyed of you may have noticed (but probably didn't) that I didn't post at all on here yesterday, with the exception of popping on to post my Personal Chart. The long and short of it was that I could quite easily have a normal day without spending any time on here, which makes it even more annoying that I'm so tempted to cut off from whatever I'm doing and refresh this site every five minutes to see if there's one new reply in the Chart Forum or if someone's reacted to my really-not-very-urgent post.

Does anyone else easily get distracted, on here or in other situations? Feel free to share/discuss biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 11 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I was going to post a response to this 10 minutes ago, but I noticed that the picture on my wall was crooked, so I spend some time with a level meter making sure that it was straight.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 11 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Oh I can be terrible for this sometimes. I'll start writing a couple of sentences of an essay and then suddenly a random thought will pop into my head. This will lead me onto a site that said thought is related to, BuzzJack for instance. Then next thing I know it's been about half an hour because I decided to check out new posts on every corner of the forum kink.gif then I'll get back to the essay and most likely find something else to distract me after about 5 minutes. It's always the start of a piece of academic writing that is a slog, I'm usually alright once I know what I'm doing and feel like I'm on a roll. Unless that feeling never comes and I stretch it out to another day oops.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 12 2018, 12:29 AM
Post #4
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

Oh yes, I am very easily distracted. Basically it's good that I hadn't joined Buzzjack while I was a full-time student because I'd have never got my work done laugh.gif I am constantly checking this site and other random things at work but can usually afford to do that. Actually one of the reasons I don't have data on my phone is to avoid the temptation of being glued to my phone and distracted 24/7, so yeah it really is that bad :')

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Mar 12 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #5
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

100% but only if I'm on my phone. Most of the time I'm on a computer its when I'm at uni and although I have gone on the site at uni before, it's only been a couple of times when I've been trying to kill time. Idk what it is but I'm actually pretty good at just getting focussed and working for hours undistracted when I'm at uni and know what I've got to work on, if I'm at home working then it's a different story which is why I'm now in the habit of doing my sketchbook/physical work at home and saving the computer stuff for when I'm in uni (this is partly due to my computer not working properly too tho kink.gif ) but I am really bad for refreshing this on my phone though, all the time... like I don't think I've closed a buzzjack tab for longer than a few mins laugh.gif it is out of habit though and not so much that i can't wait to see a reply or whatever. Plus I'm very aware of the fact I use my phone as a kind of crutch in social situations if I'm anxious, it's just reassuring to know that you can turn to it during an awkward moment etc, i lowkey need to always be holding something and I've always got my phone on me so

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Mar 12 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #6
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I am terrible for looking at my phone too much at work! I need to wean myself off this addiction.

+Quote Post
Iz
post Mar 12 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #7
l'etat, c'est moi
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

I set myself lists of things to do when I have free time and am able to post on here. It's fun but I don't want to be internet browsing ALL of my free time so I just put myself into a TV show or a game and do that. I just have trouble starting those things.

Now when I'm actually doing work on the computer and these days that means writing, I intertwine it with posting on here. I control the distractions, I do some work, give myself a break and reward by going on here, then carry on with the work, then allow myself another break, rinse and repeat until it's done.

This is from years of being too easily distracted on here and other places around the internet.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Mar 12 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #8
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

me when I'm supposed to be getting my life together

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2018 - 01:36 PM