BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Migraines
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cqmerqn
post Mar 13 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #1
Fuego!
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Do any of you guys get these lil f***ers?

I just know that Iím going to get one tomorrow no.gif

What do you do when you have a migraine? Any tips would be appreciated as Iíve suffered for years yet havenít really done much to help it laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Mar 13 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #2
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Hope you're ok today heart.gif

I get them a lot, but not as much as I used to.

I used to get them really bad when I was on the pill. Every time I went for a pill check at the doctors, a question they'd always ask me was if I got headaches and I always said no. Then about 4 years ago I told them I did and they took me off the pill. Apparently getting migraines when on the pill can cause strokes in younger women. I still get them from time to time, but not as frequent. My dad gets them too, so maybe I get them from him and by taking the pill I just made them worse.

I find that going to bed, lying in the quiet dark and closing my eyes is the only thing that helps, and water, drinking water helps a lot too. No matter how many painkillers I take, they don't work. The worst thing is to get one when I'm at work, because to most people who don't get them, they're just 'headaches'. REALLY pisses me off when you tell someone you get migraines and they're like 'yeah i get headaches sometimes too' rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Mar 13 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #3
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(troublepink @ Mar 13 2018, 03:41 PM) *
Hope you're ok today heart.gif

I get them a lot, but not as much as I used to.

I used to get them really bad when I was on the pill. Every time I went for a pill check at the doctors, a question they'd always ask me was if I got headaches and I always said no. Then about 4 years ago I told them I did and they took me off the pill. Apparently getting migraines when on the pill can cause strokes in younger women. I still get them from time to time, but not as frequent. My dad gets them too, so maybe I get them from him and by taking the pill I just made them worse.

I find that going to bed, lying in the quiet dark and closing my eyes is the only thing that helps, and water, drinking water helps a lot too. No matter how many painkillers I take, they don't work. The worst thing is to get one when I'm at work, because to most people who don't get them, they're just 'headaches'. REALLY pisses me off when you tell someone you get migraines and they're like 'yeah i get headaches sometimes too' rolleyes.gif

I woke up with a migraine so I didnít go in to work until 11ish but Iím fine now thanks smile.gif

Iím the same really, roll down the black out blinds and just lay there. Medication doesnít even help, just like you said!

Omg yes!! ĎItís just a headacheí annoys me more than the actual migraine laugh.gif

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Mar 13 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I do get them but not that often, itís been a while since I last had one. People who say Ďitís just a headacheí annoy me SO much. Like getting a migraine makes me completely unable to function and thereís nothing you can do about it except sit in the dark, painkillers never work for me either, but the forehead strip things help a bit. That feeling you get before you get one when you feel it coming is the absolute worst too, just the inevitability of it and that thereís just nothing to do to help it or prevent it except maybe drinking water. Iíve thankfully never had one whilst at school though and Iím not sure what Iíd do, thereís no way Iíd be able to get through the day but I feel like the nurse would just give me paracetamol and tell me to get over myself or something drama.gif I really really envy people who donít get migraines, theyíre so horrible.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 13 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I get them but infrequently. About a month ago was my last time, on a Saturday after a long week at work. Used to happen to my Nan under those circumstances too.

I lie down in the dark for about an hour or two, maybe listen to Dido. Sucks because it takes up time of my weekend.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 1 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I take some paracetamol with some water.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 04:35 AM