BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stop-Motion Animation
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post Mar 22 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #1
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Browsing through YouTube I came across the 'Fresh Guacamole' stop-motion animated short, which was actually nominated for an Oscar in 2013! This has also made it's round on Facebook a few times too, but I was wondering if anyone else knew any interesting or mesmerising type videos similar to this made with stop motion animation?

I think stop motion is my favourite style of animation, claymation in particular. Popular movies featuring this style include Wallace and Gromit features (obviously) as well as Fantastic Mr. Fox, Coraline, and even early Star Wars! Tim Burton is also a big fan of stop motion, producing classics such as The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach, Corpse Bride, and Frankenweenie (less of a classic but still a good watch tongue.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Mar 22 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #2
I skipped a rock and it fell to the bottom
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

(watches Fresh Guacamole)

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 22 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

A few songs became big hits in the 80s after having stop-motion music video made for them, including "Reet Petite" and "Happy Hour" -

And of course -

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 23 2018, 12:29 AM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Stop-motion animation is so cool! I was obsessed with Wallace and Gromit when I was younger, particularly the short films, so it was a dream come true once when a guy from Aardman Animations gave a talk at my University a couple of years ago *.*

+Quote Post
Bré
post Mar 23 2018, 12:31 AM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I love stop-motion, the two videos linked in the OP are both classics *.*

The video for The Prodigy's 'Warrior's Dance' is one of my fave music videos ever and utilises stop motion:

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Mar 23 2018, 09:22 AM
Post #6
I skipped a rock and it fell to the bottom
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

The most recent music video I remember seeing animated in stop motion was Run The Jewels' Don't Get Captured from last year.

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 23 2018, 12:29 AM) *
Stop-motion animation is so cool! I was obsessed with Wallace and Gromit when I was younger, particularly the short films, so it was a dream come true once when a guy from Aardman Animations gave a talk at my University a couple of years ago *.*

Lucky you!
Speaking of Aardman, I remember watching the three short W&G films on a DVD as a kid and even remember watching a VHS of The Wrong Trousers which was owned by a friend of my sister.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 03:41 PM