BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatís worse?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Pick one
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 33
Guests cannot vote 
Cqmerqn
post Mar 24 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #1
Fuego!
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Intrigued to see the results
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 24 2018, 05:22 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Member No.: 5,572

Physical. You can take pain killers and get some relief. Emotional pain lingers and most of it never truely goes away.

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Mar 24 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #3
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

Emotional pain is much worse than physical pain

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 25 2018, 04:46 PM
Post #4
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Both cause each other for me!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 26 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I guess it depends on the individual and the context of the pain. I have way more experience with emotional pain for example, lots of ups and downs with my mental health, but as for physical pain I have never even broken a bone before. But I still think I would side with emotional pain anyway. Physical pain can often (I know there are life-threatening injuries in life) be a far more straightforward ordeal that can be treated and goes away in time. Emotional pain on the other hand can often be hard to even describe to another human and can continue to linger forever. You could simply be triggered by an emotional memory and it will all come flooding back. Once physical pain is gone (again, referring to common stuff that can be treated) it's gone and bad memories related to it won't make that injury come back. Emotional pain really deserves the kind of empathy that physical pain gets I think. It can really harm your self-esteem and mental health so easily.

+Quote Post
JŁpiter
post Mar 26 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #6
she works really hard for her money
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I would say physical. But perhaps that's because I have more experience dealing with the other kind.

I feel like time can heal, and you can medicate away and actively take steps to come out on top of or grapple with emotional pain the way you can't always with physical pain. Physical agony and the associated panic and nausea are not pleasant.

+Quote Post
Cqmerqn
post Mar 27 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #7
Fuego!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 26 2018, 10:04 PM) *
I guess it depends on the individual and the context of the pain. I have way more experience with emotional pain for example, lots of ups and downs with my mental health, but as for physical pain I have never even broken a bone before. But I still think I would side with emotional pain anyway. Physical pain can often (I know there are life-threatening injuries in life) be a far more straightforward ordeal that can be treated and goes away in time. Emotional pain on the other hand can often be hard to even describe to another human and can continue to linger forever. You could simply be triggered by an emotional memory and it will all come flooding back. Once physical pain is gone (again, referring to common stuff that can be treated) it's gone and bad memories related to it won't make that injury come back. Emotional pain really deserves the kind of empathy that physical pain gets I think. It can really harm your self-esteem and mental health so easily.

Right! Itís a shame that emotional pain is overlooked

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Mar 27 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #8
The sports fanatic
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I would say physical pain from experience. Although emotional pain is a bitch when it does happen.

+Quote Post
Shandy Leer
post Mar 27 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #9
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Ellie Goulding

+Quote Post
pippa
post Mar 28 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Emotional as its usually deeper and longer lasting and has no time frame.

Physical (not always) has a time frame and drugs (prescription) can reduce the pain or alleviate it for periods.

+Quote Post
JAKE
post Mar 29 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #11
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

jesus

+Quote Post
JAKE
post Mar 29 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #12
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

they are such different things; all they have in common is the moniker Ďpainí... you canít really compare the two

itís like comparing a giraffe to raspberry jelly

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Mar 29 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #13
the elusive Q.
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

can we do a What's worse - a giraffe or raspberry jelly poll?

Emotional pain is "worse" for me. There are times when certain physical pain seems minor and insignificant in "comparison". At least in the long term. But then again, I don't remember ever having absolutely horrible physical pain (tbh I do feel as if I'm about to pass out every time I bump my head off my kіtchen cupboard though... that thing would CUT YA!). The "good" thing about emotional pain though, is that, at least in theory, you can rise from it and develop some sort of emotional insight into how to deal with this "abstract" kind of pain in the future. It really can feel bloody awful though... And like others mentioned, it can stay with you or simmer below the surface for ages.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 03:37 PM