BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Easter Eggs
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Easter Eggs
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
Jade
post Mar 29 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

when will non Bars and Melody faves

Easter is just around the corner and I was wondering what people thought about chocolate Easter eggs, after I posted a similar thread about advent calendars back in the day. Do you usually have them at Easter? do you expect to receive any this year? what are your faves? or have you not had any at Easter since you were a child? (or maybe even never before!) ~ I personally do engage in eating them each year because I am a sucker for chocolate. I usually receive an Easter egg from Bray, my parents and my grandparents. I used to get them from other extended family members such as uncles and aunts as well but not for the past couple of years #gettingold

I'd say my favourites are anything from Cadbury or Lindt ~ those chocolate bunnies wrapped in golden foil with a lil bell are adorable. <3 I guess the main flaw is that the packaging for typical Easter Eggs can be a bit excessive, but a lot of components of the popular ones can be recycled at least (often minus wrappers and plastic windows).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Mar 29 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #2
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I don't expect to receive any from anyone else now that I'm 22 and won't be seeing my family at all around Easter, but I shall most certainly buy myself one or two over the next couple of days!

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Mar 29 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #3
Dexton?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I hope to get some although I probably wonít anymore laugh.gif If not Iíll go Tuesday and get them cheap + staff discount wink.gif

My favourites when I was younger were Crunchie & Malteasers - both of which were my favourite chocolate bars/snacks back then. Iíve kinda grown off of eating crunchie, I canít eat a whole crunche without my teeth feeling horrible anymore laugh.gif

Malteasers are still my fav although the Malteasers Easter Eggs come with those Malteaser Bunnies now which is a let down

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Mar 29 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

My mum has bought me the Waitrose avocado Easter egg!!!!! Iím so excited to try it

My dad also has got me some chocolate I believe, Iím seeing him Easter Sunday so will find out!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 29 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(lotita. @ Mar 29 2018, 12:15 PM) *
My mum has bought me the Waitrose avocado Easter egg!!!!! Iím so excited to try it

Oh wow I had no idea this was a thing! They look pretty cool though. *.* Just did a bit of Googling as I was intrigued and I think 'Millennials rush to snap up Waitrose's avocado-shaped Easter egg' has got to be one of the most 2018 headlines that I've seen so far laugh.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 29 2018, 11:48 AM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Ive told her she doesnít have to but my mum still gets me an egg even though Iím nearly 30!

I usually buy one for myself as well. Not too fussed what I get but I donít want one with a mug (the egg is always tiny in those) and Iíve noticed that a lot of eggs have bits of other stuff stuck to the centre of them-whatís wrong with a good old fashioned smooth chocolate egg?

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Mar 29 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #7
i ain't scared no more
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I love getting them with mugs!! I've had Twilight, 1D and SHREK mugs before with my eggs.

(Aside, my 'no' vote in the poll appeared to vanish into thin air earlier laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack
post Mar 29 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I just wait til they go half price or lower then usually buy myself a Hotel Chocolat one :')

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 29 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #9
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Didn't get any last year but I've already got a 'Real Easter Egg' (apparently the only egg to tell the Easter story). I'll also make sure I indulge in a few Creme Eggs as well.

+Quote Post
Q.
post Mar 29 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #10
always Qs in BJSC :)
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've never particularly cared about Easter, even though my birthday often falls during it (this year it's on Easter Sunday) but it's not as if I like birthdays biggrin.gif I always just kinda want my birthday to be over and done with, honestly ph34r.gif Didn't even think about indulging in Easter Eggs but I might just take that step. Do people in the UK have a tradition of colouring real eggs during Easter? lol. Was thinking I might put my own personal twist on it and put little photographs on 'em instead since that's like my thang.

Christmas is my holiday of choice.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 29 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #11
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

My mum still buys me multiple ones, bless her she rlly doesn't need to, but I'm obviously very grateful. White Chocolate and chocolate animals are my favoured picks, I don't tend to like the popular Celebrations brands that much, except Dairy Milk and Milky Way. And Oreos which I'm really into lately.

I mean yeah I so need to work all this chocolate consumption off afterwards, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it~

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Mar 29 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #12
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

Yes of course. I love Easter Eggs biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Mar 29 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I bought a butterfinger cups Easter egg the other day which Iím hyped about getting into wub.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 29 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #14
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Caramel eggs a plenty for me please!!

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Mar 29 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #15
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Work gave everyone one yesterday. I had mine rather quickly and felt very, very sick.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 30 2018, 04:33 AM
Post #16
My roof look like a no show
Member No.: 19,534

I'm not sure I've ever had a properly big chocolate egg as big as the one in the OP. I usually eat plenty of the bite-size chocolate eggs every Easter and have been lucky enough to indulge in the Cadbury Oreo Creme Eggs - they weren't available in the US at the time although that may have changed!

+Quote Post
TomboOnBroadway
post Mar 30 2018, 04:50 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

I wanted the avocado egg until I found out it was dark chocolate, that really put me off.

I picked out a tasty egg that my Mum got me and I bought myself and egg last week, sometimes my sister gets me one too.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Mar 30 2018, 07:28 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

No. sad.gif They're a waste of money anyway. I usually buy myself some creme eggs packs or bags of mini creme eggs when they're half-price after Easter, next Tuesday.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Mar 30 2018, 07:33 AM

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Mar 30 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, I'll have Easter Eggs this year. Probably about three or four.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 31 2018, 11:38 PM
Post #20
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Mar 30 2018, 05:33 AM) *
I'm not sure I've ever had a properly big chocolate egg as big as the one in the OP. I usually eat plenty of the bite-size chocolate eggs every Easter and have been lucky enough to indulge in the Cadbury Oreo Creme Eggs - they weren't available in the US at the time although that may have changed!

Is Cadburys big in the US?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 05:57 AM