BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~Skipping songs on albums
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
When listening to a whole album
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Q.
post Apr 4 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #1
elusive
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Intrigued to see the results for this simple question. Anyone else dislike skipping a song on an album when you were planning to calmly listen to it from start to finish? I do it occasionally when I reaaaally just don't feel like listening to a particular song, but it does interrupt the flow in a sense.

Examples of songs you always (or usually) skip?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofTroye
post Apr 4 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Absolutely NOT a skipper! I either listen to full albums from start to finish, listen to playlists i've made of artists' hits or shuffle. Probably in a ratio of 3:2:1. So when i'm listening to an album there is NO skipping.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 4 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #3
Oh I may not be the best, but I'm far from the worst
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I don't really listen to albums in that sense anymore - if I listen to an album, I'll pick 4-6 songs to put on my playlist and discard the rest into the abyss.

I always listened to all the songs from Black Star Elephant (barring the weird taking ones) though, and the only song I didn't add to my playlist from Lukas Graham was 'Strip No More'.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 4 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

In general I don’t skip. If I choose to listen to an album, I listen to it start to finish. If I know I won’t have time to listen to the whole thing, I will just pick out my faves and listen to them.

+Quote Post
Queef of Peace
post Apr 4 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #5
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

All the time. I hardly ever listen to the duds

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 4 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #6
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

This is like my golden rule of listening to a full album, I very rarely skip tracks! I like to listen to the whole thing in full where I can. I do skip say (what I feel are) unnecessary intros/interludes after my initial listen. If I’m also running out of time (ie listening on a journey) then I’ll skip if a fave track is coming up and I’d have missed it otherwise.

+Quote Post
HausofTroye
post Apr 4 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 4 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

nope, never ever skip tracks when listening to an album, if I have the time to listen from start to end I don't see the point in skipping tracks, even if it's my 50th listen or whatever. But I will pick 5 or so tracks that I like the most to put on a playlist, so I don't solely listen to whole albums for album tracks (if that even makes sense lol)

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 4 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #9
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTroye @ Apr 4 2018, 06:08 PM) *

when all i want to listen to is Love on the Brain

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 4 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

It depends on my method of consumption. I will never skip a song if I am listening to music on vinyl for example as it's effort to pinpoint exactly where the next song will be kink.gif but when it comes to easily skippable platforms then I do from time to time if there's a serious dud on there. I generally try not to though as it can interrupt the flow of an album. It would have to be a song that is a real 0/10 moment.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 4 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #11
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I don't listen to full albums very often but I wouldn't ever even think of skipping album tracks tbh, it'd just break the EXPERIENCE of listening to an album. Idk. x

+Quote Post
Cody💧Slayberry
post Apr 4 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #12
check your thighs in the mirror... and i'm done
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I guess it just really depends. If it’s a first listenthrough then nope, other than that it just depends on preference. Case in point: the Man Of The Woods outros. Those things make the songs ~90 seconds longer than they should be... ain’t nobody got time for that

also that ending to elusive chanteuse where Mariah was talking about that nickname lmao

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Apr 4 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #13
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

If they're songs I am familiar with and know I really can't stomach sitting through, then yes!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 4 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Queef of Peace @ Apr 4 2018, 06:02 PM) *
All the time. I hardly ever listen to the duds

You must always listen to Pink albums in full then cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Apr 4 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #15
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

It depends, most of the time when I put on an album I probably won't skip it (through laziness!) and if it's on vinyl then I definitely won't because it is just too much of a faff.. but if I was just listening on my iPod or computer then yeah I'm going to skip right to the good stuff definitely, especially if I really can't bear listening to the filler tracks.

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Apr 4 2018, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 4 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #16
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I immediately answered that I don't skip tracks... but that's because I've now realised that I create my own versions on iTunes and completely obliterate tracks that I don't like so I don't need to skip them. Most of my albums are no longer real albums.

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Apr 4 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #17
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

Depends what mood I’m in. Sometimes I’ll only want to listen to certain tracks on the album.

+Quote Post
JosephAvery
post Apr 4 2018, 10:24 PM
Post #18
it don't mean shit if you ain't happy though
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(T Boy @ Apr 4 2018, 05:55 PM) *
In general I don’t skip. If I choose to listen to an album, I listen to it start to finish. If I know I won’t have time to listen to the whole thing, I will just pick out my faves and listen to them.

Same for me! I very rarely skip a song, but occasionally I'll choose to only hear a few favourites from the album instead of the entire thing. I never play an album from start to finish but skip a song or two in the middle, it's all part of the experience.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 4 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #19
(-_•)
Member No.: 5,042

Idgi when people say they skip songs on (especially new) albums or "delete them from their library/playlist etc" when half the time (at least for me laugh.gif) they grow (and then they attack you for liking that song coz they've never listened to it again and just cast it aside :') )

Nowadays, I'll either cherry pick my favourites and put them into a playlist or, if I find myself wanting to listen to an album, I will listen to it from start to finish all the way through.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Apr 4 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #20
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

If I am listening to a whole album I will listen to it from start to finish and in order as that's the way the artist intended it to be heard. Sometimes if its a new release and there's been singles before hand i will skip the ones I've heard just to get to the new ones quicker but then I go back and listen to it all properly to make up for it kink.gif

Some albums sound better when listened as a whole, single body of work. Hayley Kiyoko's album Expectations is like that as every song flows so seamlessly into the next, it's really stunning and you deprive yourself of getting the full impact of the album/stories she's telling of you skip tracks or listen out of order

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 05:01 PM