BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you skip the intro?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Santa Klaus
post Apr 4 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #1
i thought i was flying but maybe im dying tonight
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Inspired by the Lounge thread, when youíre watching your favourite show on DVD, streaming services etc, do fast forward/press skip intro when the titles come up for the 35th time?? Or are the titles part of the experience? (or make for a v quick toilet break)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombo
post Apr 4 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

No, it is the best part of the show. I also hate when Netflix automatically skips the credits on some shows. I like having some down time after the episode without starting a new episode (AND SKIPPING THE INTRO AUTOMATICALLY ON IT) so I have to rush to my laptop in the 5 second window to stop the next episode from playing right away

+Quote Post
SiŰn Corn
post Apr 4 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Not really, unless Iím in a rush or something.

Netflix even having the GALL to ask me if I want to skip the Friends intro tho sick.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 4 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Depends on the show, if it's OITNB or Friends for example the theme tune is banging so no, but if I'm binging and don't need to hear a theme tune 10 times then yeah but it automatically tends to do it anyway on Netflix. I cba precisely FFing it if it's a DVD or something else so don't bother skipping the intro.

I always lol at them saying skip intro in Black Mirror when it's legit just the title flashing on the screen for like 2 seconds laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chez WiseMen
post Apr 4 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #5
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I don't like how Netflix does this automatically with credits and intros as well when you're watching in a row, SOMETIMES I WANNA WATCH IT pirate.gif It depends on the show, some the theme is so short it's not worth it, some themes can grate listening to them several times in a row so then yes but some shows feel incomplete without them, like Dark and Stranger Things, I adore those and they are themes I would never skip. Also, currently with A Series of Unfortunate Events, the lyrics give a brief synopsis of what's going to happen in the episode which I like hearing, so I do make a point to listen to it most episodes.

(that was a bit more wordy than I intended it to be lmao)

+Quote Post
King Wencesrollo
post Apr 4 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I Sky+ a lot of programmes so I fast forward through the recap of the last episode,what's coming up in today's episode and the theme tune. That normally saves me three minutes in some cases.

+Quote Post
CaptainMackmas
post Apr 4 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #7
The sports fanatic
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Depends how long the intro is to be honest.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Apr 4 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #8
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Depends if it's good or not, if it's a VISUAL intro like Altered Carbon I'll watch it once or twice, but not every time, but if it's an ICONIC theme tune like the Star Trek's, Stargate that kind of thing I'll always watch.

I have been known to flick a channel on JUST to hear the theme tune/intro and then move on.

+Quote Post
Izzy Blizzard
post Apr 4 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #9
the whizzy Wizzard, letís get slizzered
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

There's two different answers. For anime... almost never. It's always a minute and a half of interesting visuals that get one hyped for the show set to a (mostly) fantastic tune. Only if I dislike the song, which is a really rare occurrence, will I skip it, because analysing the visuals is almost as interesting as watching the show itself. It's definitely part of that experience.

For other TV shows, I don't NORMALLY skip, and don't like doing so, but if it's something without much going on visually that isn't over in like 10 seconds, then I'll probably skip it. Stranger Things is a good example of something I've recently skipped, the song is alright but there's nothing going on on screen. A good way to describe it is, I'd never skipped the previous Star Trek intros, because though I've seen them all loads of times there's always something going on as whatever ship/station it is flies through space, but Discovery's minimalist approach and lack of... space... doesn't make me want to watch it over again.

It helps if TV shows change their theme, even if slightly, each season too, keeping it fresh.

+Quote Post
5 Silas FrÝkner
post Apr 7 2018, 11:21 AM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Depends what it is. Mid binge I'll probably skip the intro of a drama or a comedy, theres only so many times in a row you can hear "where you leeeeeeead I will follow, anywhere..."

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Apr 7 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #11
there was adam, there was eve and there was steve
Group: Chief Cow
Member No.: 13,530

It depends on the circumstance. If I'm watching on DVD, I never skip anything, even if I've seen the same intro numerous times that day while binging laugh.gif

On Netflix, if it offers me the chance to skip, I generally will, particularly when binging. I don't need a recap of what I saw just moments before and it skips to just the right spot so there's no faffing with fast-forwarding.

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Apr 8 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

95% of the time I do.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Apr 9 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

Only for OITNB and Grace & Frankie occasionally

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 9 2018, 06:38 AM
Post #14
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

The only one I actively skip is House of Cards and thatís because itís so f***ing long! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DexTheHalls
post Apr 9 2018, 06:41 AM
Post #15
rip in peace Dickston
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I only skip intros that are excessively long (such a short ones which insist on playing a full song whilst going through eeeveerry single cast member laugh.gif). Even on TV shows Iíve seen before I generally watch the intros, some shows put effort into their intros and they can often change overtime or have sometimes interesting things to watch or read (Veep, Arrested Development). Some intros + theme songs also get you excited to watch rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 9 2018, 09:11 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

the theme is part of the experience, it just seems so wrong to go straight into a show, like youve missed part of it and it's unsatisfying..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 09:28 PM