BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monthly Lounge Recognition: March 2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Apr 5 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hello everyone hi.gif we would like to recognise the following in The Lounge for the month of March:
  • Best poster for March 2018: awardinary
A list of thread contributions is pulled together each month to help us choose for the thread category. awardinary's name popped up an impressive amount of times and we thought he really deserved the 'Best poster' title on this occasion after an undeniable amount of impact in March. His threads this time included the likes of: 'Hospital Visits 🚑' (a personal experience that he turned into an inclusive point of discussion), 'Have You Ever Applied To Be In A Television Audience?' (which solidified my desire to see Jeremy Kyle being filmed live one day), 'If You Were a Disney character...', 'Would you hug the poster above you?' and 'International Day Of...'. Congratulations Wardy for your continued enthusiasm throughout the whole month!
  • Best threads for March 2018:
01) BAD ARTIST NAMES~ by HausofTroye

Our first choice this month is a humorous point of discussion where we were reminded of some pretty ghastly names in the world of music, such as 'Yes Lad' and 'Girls Can't Catch'. Bal started this thread off the back of the über glamorous stage-name 'Dave', who recently appeared in the U.K. chart with 'No Words'. It turns out that there are a lot of other current names in music (including a large quantity of rappers) that we could call out for their dodgy names and a fair amount from the past too. So this naturally generated 7 pages of discussion which was an excellent response. We found this to be a very amusing topic and it seems like a lot of you did as well. This thread also went on to inspire Sean's 'BAD FANDOM NAMES' one, so shoutout to that too. Poor PRETTYMUCH being called out for their name in Bal's thread and then again for their fandom name in Sean's - BEANZ. laugh.gif Congrats Bal!

02) Drag and transgender by Liam

Next up is more of a serious topic. Liam created this thread as a response to drag queen RuPaul's controversial comments about "probably not" allowing female drag queens to participate on his show. A lot of fans and Drag Race alumni came together on social media about this and the controversy even inspired the hashtag #mydragisvalid too. We appreciate that Liam took a topic that was really making an impact on social media and brought it over to BuzzJack. Naturally, members of our forum were pretty passionate about this topic (Buzzjack is an open-minded place and full of Drag Race fans after all) and it was great to witness a lot of thought-provoking responses in there. Congrats Liam for bringing this interesting debate to The Lounge.

03) International Day Of... by awardinary

Lastly is a creative thread courtesy of our March 2018 'best poster' award winner. There are International Days for seemingly everything under the sun, that you are reminded of when they crop up as a trend on social media. From pizza to black cats. Wardy was inspired by days of this ilk and asked us what we would choose if we could impose a new public holiday. Responses ranged from Battenberg Day to BuzzJack Day to even cqmerqn Day. We appreciated this fun and light-hearted topic that allowed our imaginations to run wild, on top of more sensible suggestions. International BuzzJack Day is totally a sensible suggestion though, okay.

Congrats to all of our March winners!

- The Lounge Mod team x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 5 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats guys. Yet another tough month.

+Quote Post
⚅⚄⚃⚂⚁⚀
post Apr 5 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #3
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Unusual decision to make me the best poster, I’m grateful but I wouldn’t say deserving on this occasion. I do like to create thought provoking threads that kind of think outside the box a little. The International Day thread was actually a very random idea I had in the middle of the night and decided to see if it would generate much response. I didn’t really think an awful lot of the idea on the whole, but I’m glad others liked it.

Thanks again for this recognition which I’m humbled to receive. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 5 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Omg thanks guys <3 I loved that thread and the little discussion it created.

+Quote Post
ubɹǝɯbƆ
post Apr 5 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #5
Buy YES on iTunes
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone would love cqmerqn Day

+Quote Post
Midge
post Apr 5 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #6
I just think I'm neat
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

Nah

+Quote Post
uoʇxǝ◖
post Apr 5 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #7
Dexton?
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cqmerqn @ Apr 6 2018, 01:27 AM) *
Everyone would love cqmerqn Day

That and Battenberg Day of course

Congrats everyone!

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 5 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #8
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Has Dexton been hacked by Brett-Butler x

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 5 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #9
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Thanks everyone for continuing to make this a massive challenge for us each month and a huge congratulations to our winners.

@wardy - I certainly wouldn’t say undeserving and you’re defo underselling your contribution to the lounge. For me this month there was no denying the impact you’d had on the discussion in the forum. Lots of threads and contributions from the funny to the serious. I had no debate and looking at March there was no poster more deserving in my, and the rest of the teams, eyes

+Quote Post
The Snake 🐍
post Apr 5 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #10
Don't mess it up, talking that hiss
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I am sad that the iconic Radio Station Sound Compression thread missed out sad.gif

But well done to all the winners!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 5 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #11
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 5 2018, 06:31 PM) *
Has Dexton been hacked by Brett-Butler x

Fortunately not.

+Quote Post
uoʇxǝ◖
post Apr 5 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #12
Dexton?
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

What’s wrong with battenberg? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 5 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #13
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Nothing, there's just a very high correlation between posts by Brett and posts about Battenberg. x

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 5 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

It’s pretty much a 1:1 relationship between posts about battenberg and Brett Butler posts

+Quote Post
⚅⚄⚃⚂⚁⚀
post Apr 5 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #15
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Apr 5 2018, 06:45 PM) *
Thanks everyone for continuing to make this a massive challenge for us each month and a huge congratulations to our winners.

@wardy - I certainly wouldn’t say undeserving and you’re defo underselling your contribution to the lounge. For me this month there was no denying the impact you’d had on the discussion in the forum. Lots of threads and contributions from the funny to the serious. I had no debate and looking at March there was no poster more deserving in my, and the rest of the teams, eyes

Thanks Phil, I appreciate your kind sentiments on behalf of the lounge mod team. I hope to continue to play a part in making this forum a positive and interactive part of the BuzzJack community. I don’t mean to seek attention of others, but I do value others opinions on things that interest me or to relate similar life experiences to what I am, or have been, experiencing. Thank you again for your recognition and I look forward to learning who else can take this award next time! happy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 08:26 AM