BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PUB QUIZZES~, 🍺
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofTroye
post Apr 6 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Let's discuss one of my favourite things to do *.*

Are you a pub quizzer? Do you enjoy them / are you good at them? Speed Quizzing on the app >> traditional format, right? Any good pub quiz team names? *_*

DISCUSS~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofTroye
post Apr 6 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

NGL I'm kind of good at pub quizzes~ My general knowledge is decent because of all The Chase I watch and working in primary school where I have to dabble in every subject in the curriculum. I have one fairly local to me that uses Speed Quizzing app and it's SUCH A RIOT.

I tend to do very well on film/music questions and I thankfully have quite a diverse team to play with too. We were as HIGH AS THIRD LAST NIGHT but ended up slipping to 7th (which is still good for us considering we're not as freakishly good as the regulars).

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I LOVE a good pub quiz but don't go nearly often enough sad.gif Last one we went to the other week we won £80 between four of us *.* Well 3 of us considering someone answered NOTHING and snatched her share but that's another story :eyes:

I have so much random shit in my head so I'm always quite good at pub quizzes apart from the sport rounds.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 6 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #4
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I love pub quizzes, I wish I had the opportunity to go to them more often! Have been with Jade and her family to the quiz night at ha local pub a couple of times (annoyingly it's held on Sunday nights and I'm rarely able to be around then) and it's been a blast each time. I'm kind of shit at it because the topics usually aren't stuff I know much about but that just makes it more exciting when I actually know something xx Music rounds are obvz the best ones although Jade is good enough at those that she doesn't really need me there. x

(actually turned down an opportunity to go to the pub quiz again last Sunday because of BJSC results lol)

The best team name I've heard is 'I wish this microphone was a penis'.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Apr 6 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I LOVE doing pub quizzes buttt I have like 0 general knowledge so I have to rely on other people in the team to do it most of the time lol

+Quote Post
Iz
post Apr 6 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #6
l'etat, c'est moi
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

Love a good pub quiz but there aren't all that many good ones near me that I have a good opportunity to go to. Of course I'm a natural at them and I'll take on anyone who says otherwise. Who'll then beat me on a combination of celebrity and sporting rounds.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 6 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Yeah I really enjoy pub quizzes but don't go to them as much as I should do! As Bray mentioned, I go with my family (with the addition of him on a couple of occasions, that needs to happen again soon) and I occasionally go with friends, like during freshers' week. I feel like my purpose on this Earth is to compete in music rounds. They are easily my favourite type of round and also the subject that I have the most obscure knowledge of, which I suspect is typical for a lot of Buzzjackers. I really enjoy general knowledge rounds too. I think what puts my family off going to my local quiz more is that some of the rounds can be extremely random and they drag down our team score when we otherwise did well. But it's always a laugh anyway. My local pub has a quiz night on Wednesday and Sunday so there is definitely the opportunity there!

I also love hosting pub quizzes! I used to make them for my family and friends but I haven't really done that for a long time. I guess my BuzzJack quizzes have filled that void. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 6 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #8
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Speed Quzzing is great. I go to a quiz and the guy that owns the software (or one of the variations at least) runs it. It's a really good laugh, I enjoy it and we have won a few times (a couple of times through sheer luck with 20+ teams playing). My regular quiz team disbanded recently as they moved away, but got a new one together now!

+Quote Post
ubɹǝɯbƆ
post Apr 6 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #9
Buy YES on iTunes
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I go every week but it’s more of a ‘Family Fortunes’!

Won £60 before Christmas.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

My best quiz team name is Quizzerdance for a dance one (my housemate is on committee so we went) but I also chuckled at out Freud Eggs for the last psych society quiz laugh.gif

I remember when some of us from here went to one in Glasgow and we were toying with Quizlamic State but put Quizteama Aguilera not knowing how the former would go, but the winning team name was something like "if she wasn't your mum would you" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qween
post Apr 6 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #11
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

During the winter months DA FAM and I go to a few local quizzes, surprisingly my penchant for trawling wikipedia and ability to remember the most inane and random of facts actually has a use. Sadly sport is always my weakness.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 6 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #12
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I love pub quizzes but they just never ask the right questions.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Apr 6 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #13
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

PICTURE rounds are always a winner too, actually. They always seem to be the downfall of the teams we go up against. Especially album covers or characters from TV/movies.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 6 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #14
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Oh I'm good at picture rounds as long as they are the sort where you have to put the pictures together to make something else.

Picture rounds involving supposedly famous people can go jump tbh.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 6 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #15
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Picture rounds are always the worst thing in any quiz for me. I'm useless at them on Pointless in particular.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 6 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #16
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I LOVE pub quizzes, I wish I had people I could go to them with more. I kinda suck at the general knowledge and ESPECIALLY History and Geography and indeed picture rounds, but I'm quite a wiz at the music round (and I won it for my table the last time I went *.) and can be at the film/TV too. One of my favourite team names was Tom and the People in his Beard *___ (though we finished like last lmao)

+Quote Post
lotita.
post Apr 6 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #17
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Just came Back from John Lewis’s quiz night *.* we came 4th I believe although I was being carried by my highly intelligent Team (we were called wait-hoes)

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post Apr 6 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Years ago, in the late 80's, before most of you young Buzzjackers were even born, I used to go 4 or 5 evenings a week to pop quizzes in pubs, different pub every night. It started when we moved house and I went to one with my parents as I didn't like to go in pubs on my own. I won the music quiz with 20/20 to great applause and a guy came over and said he'd won it for many weeks and was finally beaten by someone so that's why they were all cheering. We started going around together and were virtually unbeatable. He was older so knew the 50's and 60's and I knew the 70's and 80's so we were winning every night. Then they started banning us as the locals had complained that we just went in one night a week and won it every week. We were winning cash and tickets for gallons of beer. Was quite lucrative in fact. I even had to go with my dad Sunday lunchtime to drink some of the beer we'd won! We'd walk in and the landlord said "sorry guys. you're welcome to drink here but won't be playing the quiz tonight" So we sat with someone else and they won it. biggrin.gif LOL. I moved to London in 1994 but miss those quizzes really. They're all music and general knowledge combined nowadays and I'm not good at GK.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Apr 6 2018, 10:47 PM

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 7 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, I go to pub quizzes at times. Sports my team do quite well at.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 7 2018, 09:03 PM
Post #20
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Me and my team used to go to a pub quiz weekly for about 4 years, and ended up 5th in the all time ranking (took us a year and a bit to get going)! We were shunned at first by the regular teams but by the end we were all chatting and shunning the newbies ourselves! laugh.gif

Camden does a pub quiz every month at the Wetherspoons he works at and my team came 3rd in the most recent one.

I LOVE pub quizzes! wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 05:56 AM