BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Political party?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Apr 9 2018, 06:08 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/a...nster-uk-brexit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-55...-50million.html

I suspect they'll have a struggle to get off the ground, as I can't see them finding something uniquely appealing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 9 2018, 08:48 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

They would need at least twice the current Libdem support to start to even breakthrough, and that is unlikely.

As a longterm build though, we have the failing economy, Brexit (which everyone will complain about on both sides), and post-Corbyn Labour all in the mix.

Liam Fox biggest achievement so far is to get 40 countries to roughly agree to the same deal we have with the EU on trade. Sadly no list on which countries they are nor anything about most of the countries in the world, and of course nothing in writing.

Plenty of room for things to go tits up, Labour to get in, find things get worse, and both parties get stuffed for lying to us all/doing nothing about it. At which point anything could happen...

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 9 2018, 10:29 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

So far the party seems to have a large pot of money but no members. With no hint of even a vague philosophy, they haven't begun to give the vaguest clue what they are trying to achieve.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 12 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #4
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 9 2018, 11:29 AM) *
So far the party seems to have a large pot of money but no members. With no hint of even a vague philosophy, they haven't begun to give the vaguest clue what they are trying to achieve.

The phrase 'spanner in the works' comes to mind. heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 18 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

here's a novel opinion...

@OliverBullough
Apr 17

I know the idea of a new centrist party is a joke, but I can't help thinking there's political room in the UK in the gap between politicians that deport British people for being black, and ones that excuse dictators as long as they don't like America.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 18 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #6
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

There was a funny & enlightening Tweet on the subject of a new centrist party that I came across the other day. I can't remember exactly what it said, but paraphrased, it went something along the lines of

"when people think of a new UK centrist party, they imagine it being along the lines of a more effective version of the Liberal Democrats. In actually, it would be more of a "we love the NHS, hang the pedos" party."

I feel like there would be a massive market for a new centrist party, one which by a remarkable coincidence matches up exactly with every single one of my own personal political views. Although then again, whilst I tend to consider myself a centrist, I'm the wrong kind of centrist.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 19 2018, 06:11 AM
Post #7
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Apr 18 2018, 09:02 PM) *
There was a funny & enlightening Tweet on the subject of a new centrist party that I came across the other day. I can't remember exactly what it said, but paraphrased, it went something along the lines of

"when people think of a new UK centrist party, they imagine it being along the lines of a more effective version of the Liberal Democrats. In actually, it would be more of a "we love the NHS, hang the pedos" party."

I feel like there would be a massive market for a new centrist party, one which by a remarkable coincidence matches up exactly with every single one of my own personal political views. Although then again, whilst I tend to consider myself a centrist, I'm the wrong kind of centrist.

There's certainly no current party, either mainstream or extreme, that closely matches my political views.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 19 2018, 07:25 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Apr 19 2018, 07:11 AM) *
There's certainly no current party, either mainstream or extreme, that closely matches my political views.

Safe to assume there never will be?

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 19 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #9
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 19 2018, 08:25 AM) *
Safe to assume there never will be?

Alas, yes - which is incidentally why I favour referendums and/or direct democracy. That way I don't have to rely on waiting fruitlessly for politicians to offer what I am looking for.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2018 - 04:50 PM